Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch

Options
  • 18-08-2020 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi There,

I've seen much commentary on various boards forums about PW. One question I have as my own alarm system currently needs to be updated - want to install a new wireless keypad and possibly a GSM dialler (needs a Control Panel swap) if I go with PW will I be able to retain their kit if 1 leave contract after 1 year.

They are currently offering €199 install + €41 P.M on a yearly contract but there is a refer a friend offer which would give me 3 months free - so €568 for year 1 incl. install.

I've read alot of negative comments about PW but is this deal all that bad if I can retain kit without monitoring after or what am I not understanding something - is it the fact that if kit fails I have no recourse other than back to them the biggest downside?

Thanks.

I'm exploring other options at the moment of course also so feedback would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭tech

the install is nice and cheap, it the monthly charges are the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

coxy123 wrote: »
    Hi There,

I've seen much commentary on various boards forums about PW. One question I have as my own alarm system currently needs to be updated - want to install a new wireless keypad and possibly a GSM dialler (needs a Control Panel swap) if I go with PW will I be able to retain their kit if 1 leave contract after 1 year.

They are currently offering €199 install + €41 P.M on a yearly contract but there is a refer a friend offer which would give me 3 months free - so €568 for year 1 incl. install.

I've read alot of negative comments about PW but is this deal all that bad if I can retain kit without monitoring after or what am I not understanding something - is it the fact that if kit fails I have no recourse other than back to them the biggest downside?

Thanks.

I'm exploring other options at the moment of course also so feedback is recommended.

Would you buy a cheap car from a motor dealer that :

Could only run on fuel from their forecourt.
    That they are the only ones that can repair it.
    And that your car is going to not run properly if you stop paying them ?

Please check to see, who actually owns the equipment if you stop paying after 12 months.

Also, afaik if you cancel the monitoring, the panel may beep a fault in the early hours of the morning, every night, because a test call will fail to be acknowledged by their receiving equipment.

Then if you do manage to get the system running after that 12 month period, you will not have a working external siren as part of the system, so if it activates, it is likely that it will not be heard outside the house.

Advertisement