Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finance and investing courses ireland

• 19-08-2020 3:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hey.

I'm 22 years old , have been to college before to study culinary arts which I dropped out of, in the last 6 months I have taken a keen interest in trading, along with economics, currencies, stocks etc.

Can anyone recommend a good course in Ireland? Online preferably but I don't mind having to sit classes as normal

I have learned quite a bit about trading itself in the last few months, the practicalities of it but I'd like to learn and study more about economics, what influences different markets and maybe some about becoming a stockbroker, or insurance etc..

anyone recommend anything?

I wouldn't really be looking for anything that costs thousands to enroll in. Is there anything more affordable or even that would be covered by CAO or SUSI?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Hey.

I'm 22 years old , have been to college before to study culinary arts which I dropped out of, in the last 6 months I have taken a keen interest in trading, along with economics, currencies, stocks etc.

Can anyone recommend a good course in Ireland? Online preferably but I don't mind having to sit classes as normal

I have learned quite a bit about trading itself in the last few months, the practicalities of it but I'd like to learn and study more about economics, what influences different markets and maybe some about becoming a stockbroker, or insurance etc..

anyone recommend anything?

I wouldn't really be looking for anything that costs thousands to enroll in. Is there anything more affordable or even that would be covered by CAO or SUSI?

The best investment you will ever make is in 'you'.
    Given your background, the best way is to go the mature route and do a 3 year degree majoring in business or finance, funded by a tuition loan and part time work.

Tuition fees for smaller/ regional colleges are very cheap especially when you consider what you get from it, plus the material is all the same across universities and colleges at degree level. This will give you grounding across a range of subjects.

From there you should get into a graduate scheme with a company and go from there.

You should start reading investing books and read the financial times, right now.

Also, stockbroking is not really a thing anymore as it has gone online. 'Insurance' is a massive area that ranges from admin to sales work to technical work.

Unfortunately, these days no company is going to give you a chance unless you have relevant work experience or a degree.

Advertisement