Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 general thread (SPOILERS GALORE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Think the following are all in the clear to start today

https://twitter.com/diegovos_/status/1303243998585384966

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Any word on Jumbo Visma?
    Dont see them on that list

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Any word on Jumbo Visma?
    Dont see them on that list

Lots of tweets going around with lists containing different teams. Good few lists have that Jumbo-Visma are all okay

• Registered Users Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭✭dahat

TJV all ok.

It seems one member of DQS being re tested, no info if it's a rider or staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

They were doing 2 tests, with the option of a 3rd for two positives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Careful these aren't considered spoilers lads :P

I doubt this tour will reach Paris.

Looks like JV are OK...

https://twitter.com/JumboVismaRoad

• Registered Users Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭✭dahat

DQS all ok, lab error meant a re test that came back negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

So no withdrawals?
    Cant see anything online

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

dahat wrote: »
    DQS all ok, lab error meant a re test that came back negative.

The B samples were OK :cool::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

L’Equipe reporting no positives

Game on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

You mean no 'non-negatives', that's what they were calling them for some reason.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Apparently the director of the race Christian Prudhomme has tested positive, while all riders pass the first round of tests. I can imagine he would have had alot of access to riders and officials within the race bubble so there will be some worry for tests later in the race https://twitter.com/BreakingF24/status/1303282193825804288

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Noticed over the last few days on twitter, podcasts and ITVs highlights last night mentions of the whole Black Lives Matter thing and cycling being all white and none of the riders taking a knee or protesting etc. For me personally the BLM thing is an American issue, Cycling is a mainly European sport with most TDF riders coming from Europe no matter of their skin colour. European cops arent going around putting bullets into any one or discriminating against anyone. As for it being all white Im sure if black riders were racing in such large numbers as white and at the same levels as Bernal, Froome, Roglic etc the teams would have them and if they had 8 top class black riders that would be the team. No one bats an eyelid when premier league teams are stacked full of black lads from France and Africa or when the majority of US basketball & american football players are black. Bit of bandwagon jumping from certain sections of the cycling media

https://twitter.com/LeTour/status/1303284798786543618

Good to go!
    Prudhomme is a 'technical service provider'??

One minute you're Director of TdF and the next you're just a technical service provider!
    (I hope Prudhomme is okay)

Christian Prudhomme has confirmed his positive test for COVID-19 to AFP. “I’m leaving the Tour for eight days. I’m going to do what any French employee would do in this kind of case,” said Prudhomme, who said that he had tested negative in PCR tests prior to the Tour on August 6, 20 and 27. “From the information I’ve been given, it’s just happened. I’m going to watch the Tour on television, something I haven’t done for 15 years."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

neris wrote: »
    Noticed over the last few days on twitter, podcasts and ITVs highlights last night mentions of the whole Black Lives Matter thing and cycling being all white and none of the riders taking a knee or protesting etc. For me personally the BLM thing is an American issue, Cycling is a mainly European sport with most TDF riders coming from Europe no matter of their skin colour. European cops arent going around putting bullets into any one or discriminating against anyone. As for it being all white Im sure if black riders were racing in such large numbers as white and at the same levels as Bernal, Froome, Roglic etc the teams would have them and if they had 8 top class black riders that would be the team. No one bats an eyelid when premier league teams are stacked full of black lads from France and Africa or when the majority of US basketball & american football players are black. Bit of bandwagon jumping from certain sections of the cycling media
    Kevin Reza is fairly black looking

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭lissard

Tour Director and 4 separate team members- fingers crossed the Tour can keep going. It so beautifully poised now, it would be an awful shame if it were to suddenly stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

hawkwing wrote: »
    Kevin Reza is fairly black looking
    The sport didn't cover himself in glory when he's had issues either...
    https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-sky-suspend-moscon-over-racist-insults/

It was actually covered in the Rest Day Cycling Podcast. Seems that the issue in France is with take up of the sport, rather than blockers in getting pro contracts. The Eurosport podcast covered it a few weeks ago with the Black Cyclists Network. Again, part of the issue is the take up of the sport. But isn't that part of the problem? What's being done to address it?

Anyway, I'd say timing was more the issue as to no immediate response. No races, where were cyclists going to display support?

lissard wrote: »
    Tour Director and 4 separate team members- fingers crossed the Tour can keep going. It so beautifully poised now, it would be an awful shame if it were to suddenly stop.

Don't think it would be stopped, unless there's an explosion of cases and you get multiple teams thrown out.
    Interestingly, Ineos one of the teams with a case - 1 more in the next 8 days and they are out. You'd imagine that whatever staff member had it would have been in close proximity to others within the team bubble, so another positive could not be discounted.

lissard wrote: »

Ineos, Mitchelton Scott, Cofidis and AG2R were the teams with positive staff members.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Always nostalgic watching the Tour. Saint-Palais-sur-Mer was a regular holiday spot for my family back in the 80s. Good memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The ads on itv4 are desperate. How many life insurance ads can you fit into one day of the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The ads on itv4 are desperate. How many life insurance ads can you fit into one day of the tour

Not as bad as Eurosport adds - elephants going extinct!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,192 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I couldnt care less whether riders take the knee or not as I dont think it would do anythink good or bad for BLM but police racism is certainly not just a US problem as both the UK and France have serious and well reported race problems within their metropolitan police forces

• Advertisement
Advertisement