If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV for Renovated Family Space: 43 vs 48 and what is "good"?

Options
  • 19-08-2020 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

(mods apologies if this question appeared already - tried to post once and didn't see it come through)

Hi. Have renovated our house and the living space is now larger. New TV required; the 32" Samsung panel that served us well will be going into secondary service in an office space.

We both like watching TV but have always disliked rooms that are *dominated* by a TV. The new model will be set into a built-in unit comprising various cupboards and bookshelves, vases and lamps. A 48" unit would be the largest I'd put in there, and a 43" would be a little neater.

We'll be going saorview aerial & freeview dish, along with data cable for netflix, disney, primevideo and the like. Gaming is not a consideration.

Budget will top out at 900 but ideally 700.

Finally, I really dislike buying stuff. Futureproofing is important.

What models should I be considering?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.