Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blutooth Keyboards

Options
  • 19-08-2020 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Has anyone any recomendations for a decent blutooth keyboard with full number pad? (that wont break the bank)

Me and my wife are sharing a desk & monitor for use with our work laptops at home. We alternate alternate are days so we are never using it at the same time.

I would rathar blutooth then wireless reciever option as i know one of us will end up leaving the usb plugged into the laptop and going to work for the day snookering the other :D:D

Any other option such as a hub etc im open to but are laptops are different brands

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

It is probably a little at the higher price point and has a slightly different keyboard configuration which might prove difficult if you are touch typist but I am a fan of the Logitech K780
    Logitech-K780-Multi-Device-Wireless-Keyboard-HeroSquare-5b254b7347b8464a9d68953517a05673.jpg
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Multi-Device-Wireless-Bluetooth-Keyboard/dp/B01GV6HP0E/

It does have a few additional features like integrated tray for phone/table, support for the logitech unifying receiver and bluetooth and also supports up to 3 multiple devices at the press of a button(The white buttons in the above picture)

In your situation i would order separate logitech unifying receivers for each laptop and leave one for each laptop. One receiver comes with the keyboard. Then when you are using the keyboard select receiver 1 on the keyboard and assign button 2 for your wife's receiver/laptop.

Logitech receivers are replaceable in case of loss which is sadly not the case for all dongles/receivers

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I bought this Dell keyboard and mouse on Amazon in May. It has gone up in price since I purchased it. Love the mouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

cunavalos wrote: »
    It is probably a little at the higher price point and has a slightly different keyboard configuration which might prove difficult if you are touch typist but I am a fan of the Logitech K780
    Logitech-K780-Multi-Device-Wireless-Keyboard-HeroSquare-5b254b7347b8464a9d68953517a05673.jpg
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Multi-Device-Wireless-Bluetooth-Keyboard/dp/B01GV6HP0E/

It does have a few additional features like integrated tray for phone/table, support for the logitech unifying receiver and bluetooth and also supports up to 3 multiple devices at the press of a button(The white buttons in the above picture)

In your situation i would order separate logitech unifying receivers for each laptop and leave one for each laptop. One receiver comes with the keyboard. Then when you are using the keyboard select receiver 1 on the keyboard and assign button 2 for your wife's receiver/laptop.

Logitech receivers are replaceable in case of loss which is sadly not the case for all dongles/receivers

Didn’t know you could do that with Logitech receivers. I did a course in limerick so o still have my student discount offering 30% off Logitech so this might be a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Didn’t know you could do that with Logitech receivers. I did a course in limerick so o still have my student discount offering 30% off Logitech so this might be a runner.

There are two types of logitech receivers, you need to make sure you use the unifying receivers with a little orange icon on the usb dongle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

sorry to jump in so hope the OP doesnt mind, but also looking for a keyboard

soft touch keys, numeric section and in white
    thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement