Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Manager / Booker

Options
  • 19-08-2020 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi. I'm a Dublin-based folk act similar to Joni Mitchell or Laura Marling with a following of about 1000 people. I can forward you my website address upon request. I'm need someone to work in the following areas in the music business: Management / bookings (headlines, supports, cover gigs, weddings) / synch placements. The position is very much open to what you want to work in. This is a part-time flexible position with a nominal fee and opportunity for commission on bookings. I'm looking for someone that loves my music and that is committed, hardworking and good at networking. I'm a small music act, working part-time as a chilminder to help fund my music endeavours. However I do believe I can really take my music to another level with another person co-managing the business side of things for me.

Right now I'm hoping this will be a long term collaboration on my music career, where we grow together. If after a year our working together goes well we can discuss the details of the employment.

I can send on my work/website to those interested. Please mail me at jansss@msn.com with a CV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Not sure whether E&BM is the best place for your post or whether Music might be better. I'll leave it a couple of days and see how you get on.

Good luck!

The Gloomster!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭roots2branches

Definitely the music forums would be better but here's my thoughts.
    Maybe find an established agency to take you on, they're setup and usually handle a roster of artists.
    Or perhaps approach some managers that are already doing this with a couple of other artists.
    Sure, you could go with someone who's new to all this but I'm not sure it will lead to a lasting success, it might just waste a lot of your time and energy in frustration.
    These days until you're selling out 500+ seater ticket only venues there's not going to be much of the pie to go round for a dedicated manager unless you can find maybe someone retired who does it for the love.
    I'd look at trying to get with an established agent. If anything, at least you'll get some work and you just have to turn up and do your thing and they worry about the details with the clients.

And I'm sure you're aware, now is probably not the time for any of this. Maybe next year but best of luck.
    Btw, post a link to your music now, you never know who is reading this now or in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I see you've started another thread over in the Music Community forum. Double posting is kinda frowned upon on Boards but I'll leave this here to see if you get any help.

A link to some of your music may help to increase interest.

The Gloomster!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GoldenSlumbers

I see you've started another thread over in the Music Community forum. Double posting is kinda frowned upon on Boards but I'll leave this here to see if you get any help.

A link to some of your music may help to increase interest.

The Gloomster!

Sorry wans't sure where to post. Feel free to move/delete anything that doesn't suit

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GoldenSlumbers

Definitely the music forums would be better but here's my thoughts.
    Maybe find an established agency to take you on, they're setup and usually handle a roster of artists.
    Or perhaps approach some managers that are already doing this with a couple of other artists.
    Sure, you could go with someone who's new to all this but I'm not sure it will lead to a lasting success, it might just waste a lot of your time and energy in frustration.
    These days until you're selling out 500+ seater ticket only venues there's not going to be much of the pie to go round for a dedicated manager unless you can find maybe someone retired who does it for the love.
    I'd look at trying to get with an established agent. If anything, at least you'll get some work and you just have to turn up and do your thing and they worry about the details with the clients.

And I'm sure you're aware, now is probably not the time for any of this. Maybe next year but best of luck.
    Btw, post a link to your music now, you never know who is reading this now or in the future.

Thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement