Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I recently got a new phone that was locked but got it unlocked.

Options
  • 19-08-2020 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I got it unlocked so I could use my current sim that I had before I bought this phone in it. Since then I have got a second sim. I did not buy it it was giving to me as a Birthday present. I tried to use it in my current phone beside my other sim as it's a duel sim phone but it went back to looking for an unlock code so I gave up on that.
    So what I am wondering is will the phone I unlocked not work with out its providers sim in it as I have now or will it?
    I have also thought about just buying a cheap second phone for the other sim and nearly did yesterday except I could not get it out of the spin wheel things they have them on so left it. Yes it would be handy and nice to have a second phone but I would also just be as happy to have the two sims in the one phone.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you sure the phone was looking for the unlock code, and not a unlock code for the sim?

What phone is it?
    What was the working?
    Can you enter the sim into another phone without entering a pin or puk code?

Usually dual sim phones aren't locked to a network.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,123 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Davy wrote: »
    Are you sure the phone was looking for the unlock code, and not a unlock code for the sim?

What phone is it?
    What was the working?
    Can you enter the sim into another phone without entering a pin or puk code?

Usually dual sim phones aren't locked to a network.
    Ye I was thinking maybe that was it after I tryied it the first time. This one was locked to network. I will give it another try.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement