Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get the statement for cash lodgements?

Options
  • 19-08-2020 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My landlord asks to provide proof for each rent payment made this year.
    During this period I paid partly online and partly by Cash Lodgement Machine in a branch.
    The information about cash lodgements is not displayed in my bank account statements and the paper receipts were lost.

How can I get the statement for all my cash lodgements in this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

adeukan wrote: »
    During this period I paid partly online and partly by Cash Lodgement Machine in a branch.
    The information about cash lodgements is not displayed in my bank account statements and the paper receipts were lost.

Hi adeukan,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

Can I ask how the cash lodgements were made? We removed the option to make card-less third party lodgements from our ATMs in June 2019. Is it possible that you lodged cash to your own account then transferred the funds to your landlord? 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 6 adeukan

Hi adeukan,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

Can I ask how the cash lodgements were made? We removed the option to make card-less third party lodgements from our ATMs in June 2019. Is it possible that you lodged cash to your own account then transferred the funds to your landlord? 

Thanks
    Tara
    I insert my bank card into the machine and then put the money into the cash box of the machine and confirm the sum and the recipient.

I suppose, my bank account should be linked with each cash lodgement I make.

I didn't lodge to my own account, I specified my landlord account as the recipient.

Thanks.

Thanks for clarifying adeukan. We'll need to check with our branch network to see what is needed to request copies of the lodgements and we'll get back to you here as soon as possible.

Thanks again
    Tara

Thanks for clarifying adeukan. We'll need to check with our branch network to see what is needed to request copies of the lodgements and we'll get back to you here as soon as possible.

Thanks again
    Tara
    Thank you, Tara.

• Advertisement

Hi adeukan,

Thanks for your patience. We've checked this with our colleagues who advised the Lodgement ATM will only provide point in time transaction receipts so it would not be possible to receive copies of these. They did say the landlord statement should show details of any Third Party lodgements applied to their account, with the reference as entered by yourself when lodging the cash.

Thanks again,
    Tara 

Hi adeukan,

Thanks for your patience. We've checked this with our colleagues who advised the Lodgement ATM will only provide point in time transaction receipts so it would not be possible to receive copies of these. They did say the landlord statement should show details of any Third Party lodgements applied to their account, with the reference as entered by yourself when lodging the cash.

Thanks again,
    Tara 
    The problem is, the landlord says that I didn't pay in full. But I certainly did!
    And now I have to provide the confirmation to RTB and the Threshold.
    If I can't prove it, I'll need to pay again! 

We're sorry adeukan, the machines only provide the receipt at the time of the lodgement. If you entered your name or the property address as a reference when making the lodgements, this will show on the other person's bank statement and perhaps they can provide you with a breakdown of these from their statement to show where they believe a payment was not made in full. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Hi adeukan,

Thanks again,
    Tara 
    The problem is, the landlord says that I didn't pay in full. But I certainly did!
    And now I have to provide the confirmation to RTB and the Threshold.
    If I can't prove it, I'll need to pay again! 
    When you make a third party lodgement via a cash machine, by entering your card this defaults into putting your name against the payment for the landlord. Therefore the landlord simply has to look up the dates you made payments and your name should be there. These machines also provide receipts - did you not keep these? 

Advertisement