Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study space during restrictions???

Options
  • 19-08-2020 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi anyone know of anywhere open this weekend that would be a suitable study place? All UCC campus libraries are closed on the weekend now and with the restrictions in place all public libraries are closed until further notice (you can check out books but not sit in). Currently no where to study at home as I'm renting and really need somewhere quiet to get work done.
    TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Not sure about weekends but this place is by Marina. https://www.facebook.com/pg/culturecoworkingcork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I think South Mall Maldron has work spaces available, albeit to rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

gracew wrote: »
    Hi anyone know of anywhere open this weekend that would be a suitable study place? All UCC campus libraries are closed on the weekend now and with the restrictions in place all public libraries are closed until further notice (you can check out books but not sit in). Currently no where to study at home as I'm renting and really need somewhere quiet to get work done.
    TIA.

That is a tough situation. My sympathies. You should *definitely* make a fuss about this with the Students Union because you will not by a long shot be the only person in that boat. Remember that a portion of your €3k registration fee goes to the Union. So make them work for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

cantalach wrote: »
    That is a tough situation. My sympathies. You should *definitely* make a fuss about this with the Students Union because you will not by a long shot be the only person in that boat. Remember that a portion of your €3k registration fee goes to the Union. So make them work for it!

I brought it up with head of the department and there was nothing that could be done... Also I wish it was 3k, unfortunately a master's student but it's to do with covid restrictions so understandable I suppose!

Advertisement