Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locks on Automatic Gates

Options
  • 19-08-2020 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my automatic gates (I have enclosed pictures). I had tarmac put down earlier in the year and the guys doing it broke the key for the automatic gates and seemed to damage the locks in the process. If you look at the photos, in the first picture the green circled area - that just spins around and around now while in the second picture - the red circled area - that part no longer protrudes out to 'lock' onto the automated arm.

Can those devices at the bottom of the gates be removed and replaced? (it looks like they can be taken off with allen keys). Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my automatic gates (I have enclosed pictures). I had tarmac put down earlier in the year and the guys doing it broke the key for the automatic gates and seemed to damage the locks in the process. If you look at the photos, in the first picture the green circled area - that just spins around and around now while in the second picture - the red circled area - that part no longer protrudes out to 'lock' onto the automated arm.

Can those devices at the bottom of the gates be removed and replaced? (it looks like they can be taken off with allen keys). Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

You had two causes there, ongoing maintenance of the manual overrides and someone very enthusiastic about releasing them.

They are both broke and yes they can be replaced but it is truly a dose of a job. They are held in place by 4 bolts which are accessible from the bottom of the fittings.

Advertisement