Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I put in this spot?

Options
  • 19-08-2020 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,586 ✭✭✭✭

I had a tonne bag of bark plonked on an area of my garden for quite a while, and it has left a baldy patch.

I had always planned to plant something in the area even before the baldy patch was created, so any suggestions?

Would like the idea of a colourful bush or small tree that wouldn't get too big. Although it would be up near the boundary hedge/tree area to the left, it would still receive plenty of sun for a large part of the day, and it is sheltered from prevailing strong winds by the growth to the left of it.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQ83XZH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

parrotia persica 'vanessa' amazing autumn colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,586 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks for recommendation, had a google of it.

Certainly looks nice, how big would that get though?

It can get to 10m
    But can be keep much smaller easy enough. I've two of them the autumn colour makes my maples look like a waste of time :)

You could also try a coral bark maple. If you want some colour all year. But find one that has a strong colour when you buy it. I find if they have lost their bark colour they dont get it back easily.

Advertisement