Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to school and child with weak chest

Options
  • 19-08-2020 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Hi folks.
    Bit panicked about this.
    My little fella has always had a weak chest.
    He is quiet a deep breather and can sometimes develop a wheez during winter months.
    He's also gets coughs.
    It probably sounds worse than it is but in light of Covid I am especially worried.
    Once winter is gone he improves alot. I'm asthmatic myself and definitely feel he is too. The last time we were at the GP she advised it was too early to diagnose asthma. But we are back on Friday and will hopefully get some advice. He is just gone 7.
    What are we supposed to do when he goes back to school? If I kept him home everytime he had a wheeze or cough he'd be missing quite a bit of time.
    There isn't much guidance for children who have pre existing lung conditions and are therefore more likely to be chesty.
    Naturally I am also worried about how vunerable he might be if he caught anything but I can't keep him home from school forever.
    Is anyone in a similar position?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭OrlaFS2017

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Hi folks.
    Bit panicked about this.
    My little fella has always had a weak chest.
    He is quiet a deep breather and can sometimes develop a wheez during winter months.
    He's also gets coughs.
    It probably sounds worse than it is but in light of Covid I am especially worried.
    Once winter is gone he improves alot. I'm asthmatic myself and definitely feel he is too. The last time we were at the GP she advised it was too early to diagnose asthma. But we are back on Friday and will hopefully get some advice. He is just gone 7.
    What are we supposed to do when he goes back to school? If I kept him home everytime he had a wheeze or cough he'd be missing quite a bit of time.
    There isn't much guidance for children who have pre existing lung conditions and are therefore more likely to be chesty.
    Naturally I am also worried about how vunerable he might be if he caught anything but I can't keep him home from school forever.
    Is anyone in a similar position?

Almost same position here-although my two are on inhalers but still cough from Oct-March. They’re 7&5 and expect they’re gonna miss a lot of school (&afterschool) it’s so hard to know how it will pan out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

[MOD]

Sorry OP, but what you're looking for here is going to be very close to medical advice. You'll need to work through the uncertainty of what to do with your GP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement