Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugged (IP68/IP69K/MIL-STD-810G)-10,000 MAH battery, accurate GPS, great camera,?

• 19-08-2020 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I've been using my current phone, the Blackview BV9500 Pro for about 18 months and it's been serving me ok, but not great.

It's really important for me to have a rugged/waterproof phone with no flaps that need to be lifted to charge it etc, and it's been great for all of these things, other than the camera! The screen has a nice raised lip around it protecting the camera, but for some bad design reason, on the back of the phone, the camera lens is raised and ended up getting cracked, which probably never would have happened if it was instead recessed.

Added to this, the camera quality was never really good anyway.

The GPS isn't great either, it often believes I've gone off the motorway and am on some side street when I have the phone in it's holder close enough to the windscreen. Even out cycling it can be pretty inaccurate too.

The battery has been amazing and is still going strong and I really don't want to downgrade to a lower performing battery.

So I'm just wondering, is there any new phone out there, that offer all the same positives of this, but have a much better camera and accurate GPS? If these were better and I hadn't cracked the camera lens, I wouldn't be considering upgrading at all so hoping there may be something else out there now that ticks all these boxes!

Any feedback would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

https://www.ulefone.com/armor-9.html

Meets most of your list, but the power port may be an issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the suggestion Davy. Seems to have a third less battery capacity and I don't see any mention of wireless charging and the sealed port would be a bit of a pain in that case then too. Can't really see the camera lens close up and whether it's recessed into the case, but it kinda looks like it's protruding too :(

The successor to my BV9500 pro looks like it has less battery too! 10,000MAH is great to have, if a little chunky :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

cormie wrote: »
    The GPS isn't great either, it often believes I've gone off the motorway and am on some side street when I have the phone in it's holder close enough to the windscreen. Even out cycling it can be pretty inaccurate too.

Get a Qualcomm based unit. Their GNSS(GPS) support is leaps and bounds ahead of MTK/Helio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the reply! So any phone with a qualcomm processor would be a much better option than a phone with a helio processor when it comes to GPS reliability? I guess that will narrow the field a bit! I see my BV9500 is Helio alright!

Advertisement