Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Twin Peaks and The X-Files

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Lynch and Frost didn't want Cooper to solve the murder so soon but the studio made them reveal the killer for the sake of ratings.

I think Lynch would have been happy to never solve the murder. I read in interviews afterwards that Sarah was only every intended as a macguffin.

The network originally wanted it wrapped up in season 1 and Lynch/Frost had little input or interest in most of season 2 as a result of having control removed.

Season 3 works so well because it is obvious they had complete creative control of it. It was a brave move from Showtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Troyaferd

mloc123 wrote: »
    I think Lynch would have been happy to never solve the murder. I read in interviews afterwards that Sarah was only every intended as a macguffin.

The network originally wanted it wrapped up in season 1 and Lynch/Frost had little input or interest in most of season 2 as a result of having control removed.

Season 3 works so well because it is obvious they had complete creative control of it. It was a brave move from Showtime.

Well, I think they were still much involved in the first half of Season 2 until Lonely Souls.

I'm currently on season 8 of the x files..yeah, season 3 wasn't great, and there was the odd iffy episode here and there, but overall it stands up I reckon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Season one of twin peaks was excellent. It was the biggest thing on tv here in 1990, it was a cultural phenomenon at the time.

I think the later series of the x files with Doggett gets a lot of hate, it’s far better than it gets credit for. I must be in a minority as I loved the alien arc and any episode with Smokey man was must see for me.

golfball37 wrote: »
    I think the later series of the x files with Doggett gets a lot of hate, it’s far better than it gets credit for.

Yeah, I'd agree with you here..

So far season 3 was the only one that stood out as being not particularly good to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Troyaferd

I'm currently on season 8 of the x files..yeah, season 3 wasn't great, and there was the odd iffy episode here and there, but overall it stands up I reckon..

season 3? It's one of the better Seasons of the X-Files i think.

Advertisement