Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2020-21 - Mod Notes in 1st post. [Updated 17/12/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

It's great isn"t it

Ole at the wheel baby

Enjoy it
    Ole setting up this team like schoolboys

You wouldn't see this type of panic with proper organisation at the back

I agree, keep him there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Excellent comeback from Utd, Cavani comes on at half time with his team 2-0. He goes on to score 2 and get an assist in a 3-2 victory...

Brilliant stuff.

I can’t even remember who got the first Southampton goal... what was his name again?... ah doesn’t really matter now anyway...

Man Utd’s 2 goal hero was Cavani by the way.. Edinson Cavani....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Three great penos from Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It's great isn"t it

Ole at the wheel baby

Enjoy it

You must be having conflicting emotions right now, you can't stand Solskjaer as manager and have championed his sacking for months, yet yous just won a game in the last minute after being 2 nil down, so what's the overriding emotion? Tough spot to be in I'd say.

Hell of a talent, that Cavani fella.

Great. Bizarre that like the Ibra guy he was old and overated until he joined in England

• adox wrote: »
    Three great penos from Utd.

:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Agree, have no idea why he does not start regularly.

Fitness and preperation would be the reason. He has only been available the last 5 weeks and from a low base in terms of regular play.

United signed him at the end of the window (5th of Ocrober), he barely played last season, could not train with the club for the first two weeks after he joined (quarantine). Was not selected last weekend as he returned from South America. Played his first 90mins in club football since March on Tuesday gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Agree, have no idea why he does not start regularly.

He started on Tuesday. He's hardly going to do a Klopp and start him a few days later at his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Could United get into the title race?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I was hoping for a last minute VAR Bruno peno retaken twice

A cavani winner will have to do

Enjoyable game buddy.

No chance, we would be 2 points behind ye if we win our game in hand.

We won't obviously but it's a mad stat all the same.

Yeah our womems team are flying it.

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Enjoyable game buddy.

Can't beat a late winner m8

Great for Utd fans. Infuriating I'd imagine everywhere else. Crying behind a smiling mask type of stuff I'd suspect

Cavani genuinely looks hungry. Nothing better to see players succeed when they are written off

Same happened to Ibra

Can't beat a late winner m8

Great for Utd fans. Infuriating I'd imagine everywhere else. Crying behind a smiling mask type of stuff I'd suspect

Cavani genuinely looks hungry. Nothing better to see players succeed when they are written off

Same happened to Ibra

Yeah i think ole has managed Cavani really well, he isn't going to overplay him when he had a game midweek too. Nice calm man mangement from him.

VAR was excellent today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Why not? One of Spurs or Chelsea will be top this evening. Very open season. Covid is the big leveller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Looking forward to next 2 games. I'd like a draw here

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeah i think ole has managed Cavani really well, he isn't going to overplay him when he had a game midweek too. Nice calm man mangement from him.

VAR was excellent today.

For all Oles faults other managers should take note of how he has dealth with the covid situation and his rotation

When Ole lit up a few weeks back he aimed it at the correct people and not at BT sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

This game should be a cracker

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Unearthly wrote: »
    Looking forward to next 2 games. I'd like a draw here

Hopefully a good game, lots of goals, no VAR etc would be nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its such an open season with City and Liverpool seemingly dropping off, Youd be kicking yourself not to be at least in the race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

This game should be a cracker

It should...but I fear it’ll be a bore draw.

Southampton v Utd game earlier was one of the best games since football came back.

RasTa wrote: »
    He started on Tuesday. He's hardly going to do a Klopp and start him a few days later at his age.

Isn't that the same Solskjaer than ran Rashford into the ground previously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Always loved cavani . Scored goals everywhere he’s been

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭TheadoreT

Tammy Abraham stikes me as the type of striker who'll hang about a top team for 3/4 years before finding his natural level at West Ham.

Isn't that the same Solskjaer than ran Rashford into the ground previously?

No. Playing Cavani at his age, would be similar to what Klopp did to Milner the past 2 games.

It's no surprise to me anyway he picked up an injury

RasTa wrote: »
    No. Playing Cavani at his age, would be similar to what Klopp did to Milner the past 2 games.

It's no surprise to me anyway he picked up an injury

Fairly sure OGS was widely slated by Utd fans for overplaying Rashford. So Cavani will never play 2 games in row for Utd? Interesting, I look forward to that being wrong.

Fairly sure OGS was widely slated by Utd fans for overplaying Rashford. So Cavani will never play 2 games in row for Utd? Interesting, I look forward to that being wrong.

You're already wrong since he just played 2 games in a row however he won't be starting 2 games in a row often imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

This is a snore fest.

doc_17 wrote: »
    It should...but I fear it’ll be a bore draw.

Looking that way

This is a snore fest.

a.k.a Jose 'Masterclass'

• Advertisement

Spurs' transitions have been good but final ball weak on a good few occasions. Harry looks sluggish which is unusual for him.

Chelsea look predictable enough going forward. Disappointing half

What time does Spurs V Chelsea KO at?

Facking hell this is boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

This is a snore fest.

Draw suits spurs more than Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Awful boring game this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just wait for it.....

The bizarre VAR plot twist!

Boring game but Mourinho is doing what he did at United when they finished 2nd. Park the bus against dangerous teams and hope for a through ball or cross on the counter. It's not pretty but it's effective enough since they'll go top at the end of the match.

Amazing how long Kante was played out of position at Chelsea, they seem infinitely stronger at the back with him marshalling in front of them. The guy cleaned up every title going for a few years in that holding role and then they decided to reinvent him in a more attacking position where he mostly looked a headless chicken week in week out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Boring game but Mourinho is doing what he did at United when they finished 2nd. Park the bus against dangerous teams and hope for a through ball or cross on the counter. It's not pretty but it's effective enough since they'll go top at the end of the match.

It's also something that we have never been able to do in the past, and it's something a team really needs to have if they want to win anything.

That'll do. Great day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That's what Mourinho brings to the PL folks

Kiith wrote: »
    It's also something that we have never been able to do in the past, and it's something a team really needs to have if they want to win anything.

Exactly, it isn't attractive but it wins trophies/keeps them in the race.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

El Sueño wrote: »
    That's what Mourinho brings to the PL folks

Yes it is :D

AJjuT1c.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Only watched the last 30 mins but it was what I expected. The majority of big PL games this season have been sh!t & Mourinho wasn't going to go for it which Lampard knew so they cancelled each other out by not going for it.

Chelsea have Leeds next week and Spurs have Arsenal so they will have to approach both with a bit more bravery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Isn't that the word that got Suarez a ban??

• Bad weekend for Liverpool

Could drop to 3rd if Leicester get the result tomorrow

Jose top of the league with Spurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Bad weekend for Liverpool

Could drop to 3rd if Leicester get the result tomorrow

Jose top of the league with Spurs

God, you can tell United got a good win, more Klopp and Liverpool posts out of you than utd ones since FT.

Not a great weekend, no.

• Kiith wrote: »
    Yes it is :D

AJjuT1c.png

Don't think they will stay there but do expect Spurs to pick up a trophy this year and finish in the CL places

They don't have the squad to match Liverpool and City over the duration of the season IMO to mount a real challenge but you never know if they can stay injury free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

3 draws 1 loss, 0 wins in 4 games against top half teams so far this season for Chelsea.

All their wins against bottom half clubs. It will be interesting to see how they fare out in the next 7-8 weeks where the games are against tougher teams, on paper anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Rip Pappa buppa diop only 42. He played for West ham. Birmingham Fulham Portsmouth battling midfielder in too short time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Isn't that the word that got Suarez a ban??

Denis Smith and Alex Ferguson will be all over this, surely?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement