Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2020-21 - Mod Notes in 1st post. [Updated 17/12/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,890 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Liam O wrote: »
    How has this gone from comparing Son and Rashford to Kane and Rashford?

Sorry my fault!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nunu wrote: »
    Back in the 90s I prayed Utd would land Shearer. If they had of I think they’d have won a European Cup or two before 1999.

It’s the same with Kane. Praying for the bid the last few seasons.

He’s the best striker in the league and is clearly world class.

It's one of the reasons I like Shearer, he turned from the darkness and saved us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

Fair play to Harry Kane, He's dragged Spurs to the Unbearable's title for this season!

6 wrote: »
    Wasn't it Greenwood that was being compared to Kane in here? Not sure Rashford was.

Anyway, neither currently are. Rashford probably never will be. Greenwood too young to predict I'd imagine.

I could be wrong but i think that Greenwood is going to be superstar, much better than Rashford.Unbelievable off both feet. Just needs to find a settle position at United and a proper manager to play under

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I could be wrong but i think that Greenwood is going to be superstar, much better than Rashford.Unbelievable off both feet. Just needs to find a settle position at United and a proper manager to play under

Greenwood looks just so natural finishing off both feet, even at such a young age. I don't think Rashford has the same, he's not the natural finisher and seems to go on big goal droughts or runs of poor finishing.

As crazy as it sounds, Greenwood might just be developing himself by playing more on the pitch and playing his natural game, which is finishing, and not by listening to a specific coach.

• Advertisement

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    If Kane moved to United in January the goalposts would shift again and he would be considered world class

Unless it's for money he's better staying where he is tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,350 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

6 wrote: »
    Unless it's for money he's better staying where he is tbh.

2 clubs. one on the up, the other on the down.

one with a proven world class manager. the other with some clueless manager.

1 with history, the other with not (irrelevant really, look at milan)

legacy only gets a team so far. basically there is no way kane goes to utd unless the money is huuuuge. even then he turns it down i reckon.

and even if the money is astronomical, there aint no way kane would sign for utd while yer man is in charge.

city most likely next summer as sergio's replacement.

god, how all non-utd fans love him; but yet utd fans wont criticise him.

a few goals as a sub! thats it.

legacy only gets a team so far. basically there is no way kane goes to utd unless the money is huuuuge. even then he turns it down i reckon.

and even if the money is astronomical, there aint no way kane would sign for utd while yer man is in charge.

If you dont think United fans arent criticising him then your half asleep pal. I loved Ole as player (126 goals,not bad for a sub ;)) but as a manager he is out of his depth. Not ruthless enough. United need someone like Pochettino or Massimiliano Allegri in as a manager. United are frustrating as fcuk to watch at the moment. Couple of very good games followed by shocking performances. Need a manager that can get them playing consistently. With a few more proper signings that United team has the potential to challenge for league titles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

1 of those goals won a Champions League Final in 1999.

I think you need to have a little bit more respect & be thankful, y0ssar1an22.

This is no way to treat a club legend.

Alex Ferguson became Manchester United manager in 1986, he didn't win his first trophy until 1990 & that was the FA Cup.

“3 years of excuses and it’s still crap… ta ra Fergie” read the banner held aloft as Manchester United fell to a home defeat to Crystal Palace in December 1989.

Sound familiar?

Ill add that the loss mentioned above was a part of an 11 match winless streak that ran from November to February.

Has it ever been that bad with Ole? I don't think so.

I know you're probably frustrated & you want the glory days back, but these things don't happen overnight.

Moyes couldn't do it, Giggs couldn't do it, Van Gaal couldn't do it, Mourinho couldn't do it...

Hmmmmm I'm seeing a pattern here, all world-class managers & bar Giggs & Moyes) who couldn't do it.

Or is it that they hadn't been given a proper chance & adequate time? I think the latter.

What makes people think that Poch is the saviour?

Einstein once said that "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Sack OGS like Moyes, Giggs, Van Gaal & Mourinho & it will be the same thing with Poch & we'll be back here in 3 years having the same conversation.

Be patient, trust the process & put your faith in Ole & the glory days of old will return. I promise you that.

DVDM93.

If you dont think United fans arent criticising him then your half asleep pal. I loved Ole as player (126 goals,not bad for a sub ;)) but as a manager he is out of his depth. Not ruthless enough. United need someone like Pochettino or Massimiliano Allegri in as a manager. United are frustrating as fcuk to watch at the moment. Couple of very good games followed by shocking performances. Need a manager that can get them playing consistently. With a few more proper signings that United team has the potential to challenge for league titles

visit the utd thread. i'm baffled why people are still supporting him, but they are. blame everyone but sweet ole. add to that, on most TV shows, his old mates are there blaming everyone else but ole.

he has a plan it seems, youth and the utd way. the 'utd way' is horsehit....teams do what they need to do to win. and even with that, what was the utd way?

ole needs to be sacked. for me its as simple as that.

and then you have people saying he should be appointed to DOF??!! like WTF!?

• Advertisement

visit the utd thread. i'm baffled why people are still supporting him, but they are. blame everyone but sweet ole. add to that, on most TV shows, his old mates are there blaming everyone else but ole.

he has a plan it seems, youth and the utd way. the 'utd way' is horsehit....teams do what they need to do to win. and even with that, what was the utd way?

You are going to get people who support him and who dont. It happens it every club and i know a lot of fans are not happy with him now. And as for people saying he should be DOF,thats the first i heard of that

DVDM93 wrote: »
    1 of those goals won a Champions League Final in 1999.

I think you need to have a little bit more respect & be thankful, y0ssar1an22.

This is no way to treat a club legend.

Alex Ferguson became Manchester United manager in 1986, he didn't win his first trophy until 1990 & that was the FA Cup.

“3 years of excuses and it’s still crap… ta ra Fergie” read the banner held aloft as Manchester United fell to a home defeat to Crystal Palace in December 1989.

Sound familiar?

Ill add that the loss mentioned above was a part of an 11 match winless streak that ran from November to February.

Has it ever been that bad with Ole? I don't think so.

I know you're probably frustrated & you want the glory days back, but these things don't happen overnight.

Moyes couldn't do it, Giggs couldn't do it, Van Gaal couldn't do it, Mourinho couldn't do it...

Hmmmmm I'm seeing a pattern here, all world-class managers who can't do it.

Or is it that they haven't been given a proper chance & adequate time? I think the latter.

What makes people think that Poch is the saviour?

Einstein once said that "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Sack OGS like Moyes, Giggs, Van Gaal & Mourinho & it will be the same thing with Poch & we'll be back here in 3 years having the same conversation.

Be patient, trust the process & put your faith in Ole & the glory days of old will return. I promise you that.

DVDM93.

dont know if you're trolling or not?

compare SAF's achievements before going to utd vs OGS. is there a comparison?

jose could have done it. he knew what the team needed. instead they backed pogba and sacked jose.

i said this in the utd thread and most wouldn't engage. glazers took over in may 05. what was won since then? lots. cant blame the owners.

i'll have no faith in ole until he is out of the club. come for a 99 dinner in 2029, lovely. aside from that, step away and stop fuvking up the club.

You are going to get people who support him and who dont. It happens it every club and i know a lot of fans are not happy with him now. And as for people saying he should be DOF,thats the first i heard of that

look in the utd thread! its pure baffling stuff!! 'sack him as manager, but het him in as a DOF'.

not happy with him 'now'. he will never be good. 'but maybe the utd way', cos utd are more special than every other club. clueless.

a special way of playing? how arrogant is that - the utd way? you play how you need to to win, pretty simple.

im sure milan in the early 90's didn't give a **** of the utd way. same as barce in 10-12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

jose could have done it. he knew what the team needed. instead they backed pogba and sacked jose.

i said this in the utd thread and most wouldn't engage. glazers took over in may 05. what was won since then? lots. cant blame the owners.

i'll have no faith in ole until he is out of the club. come for a 99 dinner in 2029, lovely. aside from that, step away and stop fuvking up the club.

I think you're both right to be honest.

On the one hand, the owners arent helping. I can't recall what the attitude of Fergie's employer was back in the 80s, but I can't imagine them being as lackluster as Mourinho's. Fergie was shrewd enough to get along with the Glaxers, but if he hadn't been backed, he'd have told them to stick it. He had the complete backing if the fans, so he had power and he knew it in. (I'm also curious about one thing: had the Glazers' attitude in general changed since Ferguson retired?)

On the other, Solskjaer just doesn't come across as being intense enough. Fergie had the intensity. Klopp has it. Even Mourinho at his peak had it. A kind of take-no-**** ****-you approach.

Solskjar doesn't have it. He looks like he's still learning. And to a certain extent, he is - but Man United is not the place you should be learning at.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

On the one hand, the owners arent helping. I can't recall what the attitude of Fergie's employer was back in the 80s, but I can't imagine them being as lackluster as Mourinho's. Fergie was shrewd enough to get along with the Glaxers, but if he hadn't been backed, he'd have told them to stick it. He had the complete backing if the fans, so he had power and he knew it in. (I'm also curious about one thing: had the Glazers' attitude in general changed since Ferguson retired?)

On the other, Solskjaer just doesn't come across as being intense enough. Fergie had the intensity. Klopp has it. Even Mourinho at his peak had it. A kind of take-no-**** ****-you approach.

Solskjar doesn't have it. He looks like he's still learning. And to a certain extent, he is - but Man United is not the place you should be learning at.

every 'manager' has that attitude. a bit of bite, a bit of aggression, whatever that trait is called. ole does not.

frank after a loss will at least have an explanation... we ****ed up in that area and they exploited it.

ole...the boys did well! being in the job 10 years, still clueless!

i'm not sure there TBH. some would say f the glazers. My attitude is as follows: they took over in may 05, what was one since then? if your answer is..its due to SAF, that proves a good manger can be successful under the glazers.

in conclusion ole is clueless with not a notion what to do. sad really. at least the red rose derby will be competitive. how sad is that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,890 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Clearly mourinho still has it.

On the one hand, the owners arent helping. I can't recall what the attitude of Fergie's employer was back in the 80s, but I can't imagine them being as lackluster as Mourinho's. Fergie was shrewd enough to get along with the Glaxers, but if he hadn't been backed, he'd have told them to stick it. He had the complete backing if the fans, so he had power and he knew it in. (I'm also curious about one thing: had the Glazers' attitude in general changed since Ferguson retired?).

He kinda had to get along with the Glazers, his row with the previous owners over Rock of Gibraltar's semen led to the sale to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

tom1ie wrote: »
    Clearly mourinho still has it.

Clearly?? When they win a big trophy under him sure..now? ...it's 11 games in..

He kinda had to get along with the Glazers, his row with the previous owners over Rock of Gibraltar's semen led to the sale to them.

there's an argument to be made that this is all Ferguson's fault, in some ways his legacy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

RasTa wrote: »
    So are Vardy, Cole, Yorke, OGS, Scholes, Lampard etc all world class players then if Kane is suddenly one?

Might aswell add Defoe and Les Ferdinand in there too.

Must be some amount of world class players on your list.

202 goals in 304 games
    151 goals in 218 PL games.

Yes I would call that world class but that is entirely dependent on your definition of world class.
    My definition of a world class player is are they in the Top 3-5 of their respective position.

Name the strikers better than Kane? No.9's not Ronaldo and Messi. There is very few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

look in the utd thread! its pure baffling stuff!! 'sack him as manager, but het him in as a DOF'.

not happy with him 'now'. he will never be good. 'but maybe the utd way', cos utd are more special than every other club. clueless.

a special way of playing? how arrogant is that - the utd way? you play how you need to to win, pretty simple.

im sure milan in the early 90's didn't give a **** of the utd way. same as barce in 10-12.

Everything you have written in bold is absolute nonsense.

"Look in the United thread" he says and the vast majority want Ole out. No one is supporting him or 'sweet Ole'.

Every United fan would love Ole to do well I imagine but it's not going to happen unfortunately. Fans can realise there as bigger issues above Ole but Ole is a problem still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

gimli2112 wrote: »
    there's an argument to be made that this is all Ferguson's fault, in some ways his legacy

I'm sure that this has been posted before, but Ferguson winning the league in 2012-13 with the squad he did was something that set the club back in a way.

Moyes came in to a 'league-winning team' even though that squad was one of the worst MUFC squads Ferguson had had in 20 years. It was Ferguson and little else that drove the team to the league in that season. And Moyes was unable to be the unique force that Ferguson had been, as was Van Gaal after him.

As happens with lots of clubs who decline after years of success, they spend a couple of seasons tinkering with the squad, thinking they are just one or two players away, or one or two tactical changes away, from a return to winning ways, and realise too late that they actually needed a serious cleanout of the squad.

yeah I've said it before I've never understood how Ferguson won that league at a canter with that squad, it's a credit to him as manager but probably hurt Utd in the long term

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah I've said it before I've never understood how Ferguson won that league at a canter with that squad, it's a credit to him as manager but probably hurt Utd in the long term

I think they'd have been hurt anyway. Look at Arsenal. Look at Forest after Clough.

It's very hard for any manager to come in after someone who has moulded the club in their image for decades. For all the talk of having stability and long term managers, there is an argument right there that in the very long term it's a bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,482 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Of course you can blame the owners. It is insane to suggest otherwise. They own the club, they are ultimately responsible for everything.

Take Ole.

Is he good enough, nope. Not in my opinion. Should he be sacked? Yes, imo. It is on Woodward and the owners to take that action. Even if it was just on Woodward, woodward is employed by the owners. If he is failing at his job, do something about it.

Take transfers. Money wasted on many - Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku for eg. Its continual and has been for years. What has been done about it? Woodward (part-time) and Matt Judge (part-time) have been key players in the failures in both buying and selling. What has been done about it? They're still in these roles. they are still doing them part time. If it is on Woodward to see and correct that, then it is on the owners to do something about it when woodward fails to do so.

Take contracts - DDG on 350k and Henderson on 120k! near half a mil on two fecking keepers? If that is the fault of Woodward and Judge then itis on the owners to do something about it. Same for Rojo and Jones being given new contracts to 'protect their value' when they never play and we can't sell them.

Take the general recruitment process.

LVG - completely different from Moyes.
    Mourinho - completely different from LVG.
    Ole - completely different from Mourinho.

No long term view or strategy, and then all the terrible squad building that comes, in part, from that. Again, if that is on Woodward then it is on the owners for not doing something about it.

The United fails are long, and continual. it is a pattern of stupidity and bad management.

United have spent more than enough on wages and fees in the last 5 years to be a dominating side in football. It is terrible planning, poor execution and poor financial decisions that are the root of the issues at United. And what have the owners done about it? NOTHING.

Woodward is still CEO of a multi-billion business and one of the strongest voices in recruitment on a PART TIME basis. Matt Judge is head of Corporate Finance for a multi-billion business and doing player contracts and signings/sales PART TIME.

Two of the most important aspects of the football side of things, are being done part time and of course that is on the owners. They own the club.

The players are answerable to Ole (in theory). Ole is answerable to Woodward. Woodward is answerable to the owners. Ultimately, everyone is answerable to them and they are ultimately responsible for everything - if things aren't right it is their responsibility to right them - and they don't.

Continual failures have not forced a root and branch review of the structures and processes at United, not brought about changes in the roles of Woodward and Judge - and that is 100% on the owners.

I find it utterly perplexing that they seemingly don't care, at all, that United spend as much as any club in football you could name and can't compete for a title or get out of a CL group. And if the owners of the club don't care if you win or lose, if there is no accountability for losing how do you think that impacts everything else?

If Martial knows he will pick up 150k a week and get a new contract on more when it winds down regardless of how he performs, how does that impact performance? If DDG knows he will get 350k a week for the next few years regardless of how he performs, and he won't get half of that elsewhere, how does that impact performance? If Rashford knows that the owners aren't interested in winning titles and CLs, and have no interest in bringing in players to do so, how does that impact performances?

There is ZERO accountability for failure at United - not for Woodward, Judge, Ole, Pogba, Martial etc - and that comes straight from the owners who have cultivated a culture of failure being absolutely fine. worthy of reward in fact!

"cant blame the owners", absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Milan are top of the league unbeaten

Jack Grealish is trending on Twitter.

Himself & Barkley had already been pulled for breaking coronavirus restrictions celebrating Barkley's 27th birthday.

However, there's a picture doing the rounds now apparently from that weekend of Grealish which I don't think would be suitable for here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,482 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Jack Grealish is trending on Twitter.

Himself & Barkley had already been pulled for breaking coronavirus restrictions celebrating Barkley's 27th birthday.

However, there's a picture doing the rounds now of Grealish which I don't think would be suitable for here.

Went to a restaurant in a tier 2 location. No rules broken.

Went to a restaurant in a tier 2 location. No rules broken.

With London in Tier 2, the team-mates were in breach of the rule preventing individuals from separate households who are not in a support bubble from meeting in 'any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public space'.

https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/1336792991705538560?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭TheadoreT

I think when you've Grealish and Barkely in the same side you'd give them a bit of leeway as they're clearly not very smart and never going to be the most compliant in terms of following rules. So long as they're performing on Saturday they'd be let away with most things in private lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

With London in Tier 2, the team-mates were in breach of the rule preventing individuals from separate households who are not in a support bubble from meeting in 'any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public space'.

https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/1336792991705538560?s=20

Would they not be in a bubble together seeing as they are training together 7 days a week?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Would they not be in a bubboe together seeing as they are training together 7 days a week?

I'm not 100% sure.

It's strange that Sky reports that they broke them if they didn't & it would seem that Dean Smith accepts that they broke them albeit thinking the rules a bit silly;

"These are challenging times for all of us. I can't pretend I enjoyed having to explain the latest COVID-19 regulations - that travelling from Tier 2 to Tier 2 is not a problem but, even though the players all eat together daily, they can't go out for lunch in a restaurant with each other."

Yeah they play for the same club and are in the same bubble so going out for a meal is grand like.

I think the outrage is more-so directed at what happened afterwards and can't really be published. Some 'extra curricular' pictures taken, with
    people I would assume are not in their bubble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Fitz* wrote: »
    Yeah they play for the same club and are in the same bubble so going out for a meal is grand like.

I think the outrage is more-so directed at what happened afterwards and can't really be published. Some 'extra curricular' pictures taken, with
    people I would assume are not in their bubble.

They are not in a bubble technically even though it's ridiculous.
    The other picture is a different thing, could be 2 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

oh a completely different thing came up when i saw Grealish trending haha

nsfw of course

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    They are not in a bubble technically even though it's ridiculous.
    The other picture is a different thing, could be 2 years old.

It could indeed. It could also be an old photo from the party that Grealish went to before he got caught drink driving during the strict lockdown in March. I think that because of now furore now, I would assume it's a picture from the event in question last weekend.

I've no problem with the 2 players going out for a meal at all, or even having a few drinks. Let them live their lives afterall. Villa players probably had a few days off anyways due to their previous weekend's game being called off and having no midweek games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Driving from Birmingham to London for a meal in the middle of a pandemic especially since this isn't Grealish's first or second breach show's he really just doesn't give a fcuk about anybody but himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Are you allowed to drive from a Tier 3 area to a Tier 2 and head into a restaurant? Would seem a bit stupid if so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Driving from Birmingham to London for a meal in the middle of a pandemic especially since this isn't Grealish's first or second breach show's he really just doesn't give a fcuk about anybody but himself.

I think if you look it into a bit more, you will find Grealish does a bit more for vulnerable people than the average footballer.

Your sweeping statement is ridiculous. He deserves criticism for the mistakes he has made, but such an outright attack on his character is just ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    oh a completely different thing came up when i saw Grealish trending haha

nsfw of course

Jesus christ :pac::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    I think if you look it into a bit more, you will find Grealish does a bit more for vulnerable people than the average footballer.

Your sweeping statement is ridiculous. He deserves criticism for the mistakes he has made, but such an outright attack on his character is just ignorant.

Could you define how many acts of kindness are performed by the average footballer, and how much Grealish exceeds this, say in the average week?

Otherwise, claiming he is a good guy seems to be as valid, or invalid, as saying he's a bad guy.

My attitude to most of this stuff is that ultimately as long as a player isn't breaking the law, it kinda doesn't matter if he is a saint or a rogue, all we can really concern ourselves about is what they do or did on the pitch.

Could you define how many acts of kindness are performed by the average footballer, and how much Grealish exceeds this, say in the average week?

Otherwise, claiming he is a good guy seems to be as valid, or invalid, as saying he's a bad guy.

My attitude to most of this stuff is that ultimately as long as a player isn't breaking the law, it kinda doesn't matter if he is a saint or a rogue, all we can really concern ourselves about is what they do or did on the pitch.
    Well I think it would be fair enough to point out that you're nearly as biased on Grealish as I am, albeit on the other side of the fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CSF wrote: »

If he did it once you could that however he has broken Covid restriction and guidelines numerous times during the pandemic along with drinking driving and crashing a number of cars during this time so no I will stand by my statement that he only cares about himself and has no respect for the general public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I assume Grealish has the mentality that just because he is a footballer he can do what he wants. His on and off the field antics are absolutely idiotic. You'd think he'd have a lot cop on than what he shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I assume Grealish has the mentality that just because he is a footballer he can do what he wants. His on and off the field antics are absolutely idiotic. You'd think he'd have a lot cop on than what he shows

Why would he cop on though. He drops to the ground easier than Jordan's knickers and for this he gets rewards with an England call up. The media love him. He repeatedly flouts the law in his personal life, and no one calls him out on it, or he feels no repercussions. The evidence shows that everything he does wrong leads to more reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭TheadoreT

Assuming that he thinks at all is overestimating his intelligence. Have you ever heard him speak? Himself and Barkley would have been the remedial kids in your school. They play more on instincts and would have made it at a higher level if either had a brain cell between them.

If he did it once you could that however he has broken Covid restriction and guidelines numerous times during the pandemic along with drinking driving and crashing a number of cars during this time so no I will stand by my statement that he only cares about himself and has no respect for the general public.

Can you provide details of the drink driving and numerous car crashes? I’m aware of one incident with his car but no drink driving charge was brought against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Having seen that pic of Grealish, the only feeling I have against him this morning is jealousy ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

eigrod wrote: »
    Having seen that pic of Grealish, the only feeling I have against him this morning is jealousy ��

morning jealousy for him
    morning wood for her

:pac:

First of all, well done Jose Mourinho, hard to argue with a manager who went the month unbeaten (3 wins & 1 draw)

However, I'd have given it to Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

Lost only to Arsenal & that was by virtue of a penalty which was Pogba's fault, there's nothing OGS could have done about that, you cant manage common sense.

Wins then against Everton, West Brom & that amazing comeback against Southampton with Edison Cavani AKA reborn when PSG thought him to be surplus to requirements & Thomas Tuchel perhaps though beyond his capabilities as a manager. Not beyond Ole's however.

Last but not least he managed one of his players to the POTM award, Bruno Fernandes.

Can we start giving this man the credit he deserves please?

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/1337366524906987520?s=20

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement