Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2020-21 - Mod Notes in 1st post. [Updated 17/12/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

That was some piece of play from City.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

doc_17 wrote: »
    That was some piece of play from City.

The first time they did something you could describe as being quick, otherwise they are real slow in their play. I know they had a long season last year but its not the first time I noticed it this season. Especially this formation a lot creatively is on De Bruyne right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,919 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two very average looking teams out there for all the talent on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

This has 0-0 written all over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Very soft penalty but thankfully VARed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Why do the English media keep saying how well Walker is playing? He’s been awful. That’s the third penalty he should’ve given away this season in 10 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Defo offside but why do they start the line at the defenders foot surely he can defend with the part of his arm that an attacker can score with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Wasn't q peno for me, thankfully it wasn't left to the ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Nice theatrics from Rashford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This is it wrote: »
    Wasn't q peno for me, thankfully it wasn't left to the ref

No different to the Brighton V Liverpool game so going on consistency it would have been a pen, would have been interesting to see if there had of been no offside what VAR done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Var, how could you turn your back on us United fans like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭NITRO95

No different to the Brighton V Liverpool game so going on consistency it would have been a pen, would have been interesting to see if there had of been no offside what VAR done

Walker kicked him, it was going to be awarded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

lol @ Maguire there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Rodri is such a nothing player. Has the fouls of Fernandinho and nothing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This is sleep inducing stuff.
    Not the same without the crowd.
    Football is fc****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

One of the worst 60 minutes I've watched so far this season. Like a tepid, pre-season game, and not really cos of lack of fans either tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

For the amount spent on these teams this is shocking football.

Utd have a strategy for winning this but it isn’t really the same as trying to win it.

Corholio wrote: »
    One of the worst 60 minutes I've watched so far this season. Like a tepid, pre-season game, and not really cos of lack of fans either tbh.

Yeah it’s poor stuff. Utd might well win this but they are so diminished playing this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What is wrong with Rashford? Barely trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

This is an awful, awful game of football. But I did enjoy Walker just leaving Pogba and Fred on their arses in quick succession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

The only good thing about this game so far has been the ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I might switch over to the women’s golf. More action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

doc_17 wrote: »
    Yeah it’s poor stuff. Utd might well win this but they are so diminished playing this way.

Neither side playing well. Having the snooze brothers mumbling through commentary doesn't help,only interested in bigging up De Breyne for every single touch, when he is again somewhat anonymous and ineffective in a big game.
    But he's not alone, poor quality all around, I'd say League of Ireland standard only 100, but that would be unfair on the League of Ireland players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I'm only watching this cos I have a few bob on Bruno for first goalscorer.

Horrific quality.

• Advertisement

None of the players look interested at all.

Both sides - though particularly Utd - look like they’re moving enough to look like they’re engaged, without actually doing anything. There’s so much ‘being in position to challenge’ and then not actually challenging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

CheerfulLividHoopoe-max-1mb.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

"De Gea... De Bruyne... De-rby".

Absolute cringe, Martin Tyler :O

[url]

You’d honestly never guess this was a derby. Zero intensity.

• Advertisement

It would have been a crime against humanity to charge fans money to watch this live. An empty stadium suits this game down to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

DVDM93 wrote: »
    "De Gea... De Bruyne... De-rby".

Absolute cringe, Martin Tyler :O

[url]

DeRaw

I wonder is Pep focusing everything on the Champions League this season and just using the Premier League to peak for that in the second half of the season.

It would have been a crime against humanity to charge fans money to watch this live. An empty stadium suits this game down to the ground.

I feel like I'm owed a refund as is. I used units of electricity for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Weepsie wrote: »
    Yes, I'm falling into the tribal trap myself (not a spurs fan for the record) and was one of those Kane non believers thinking it would never last, but it's true.

We all overlook the criminal and dangerous play of our own players when it suits it and completely froth at the mouth at what are often inoccuous incidents depending on the team and player.

For an Irish man utd fan, John Terry doing anything would obviously results on volcanic rage, and it seems Kane , Stirling and Grealish attract the same opinion.

Do people generally not like Harry Kane? I've never noticed any real ill-will towards him at all.
    Or do you mean that it's all Manchester United fans that think that these incidents are dangerous play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

pjohnson wrote: »
    I feel like I'm owed a refund as is. I used units of electricity for this.

I bought a day pass because I wasn't arsed searching for a decent river.

I want my €10er back :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Carrick asking for Peps autograph at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I think that would have been a totally different game with a full stadium.
    What a waste of 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Highlights of that game on MOTD tonight should be on last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

t8ZOApq15of4.gif

Replace slideshow with that game. Brutal stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hope we never see a derby like that again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

As Manchester Debies go, that was absolutely turgid to watch, awful.

Highlights of that game on MOTD tonight should be on last.

Theres a highlight?

elefant wrote: »
    Do people generally not like Harry Kane? I've never noticed any real ill-will towards him at all.
    Or do you mean that it's all Manchester United fans that think that these incidents are dangerous play?

I think it’s more the media fawning over England’s Harry Kane that people don’t like, rather than things against Kane himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Both Manchester clubs have fallen well back. Guardiola seems to be getting away with it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

As a Liverpool supporter I am absolutely delighted with that result, both teams dropping points. What more can I ask for bar maybe a decent game which was asking for too much obviusly.

As a football enthusiast I'm absolutely disgusted tbh, I'm just glad I'm not paying a Sky Sports subscription for the likes of that tripe! God bless the dodgy box for games like today that's all I'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I wonder is Pep focusing everything on the Champions League this season and just using the Premier League to peak for that in the second half of the season.

A lot can change between now and the spring but I don't think playing badly domestically is key to Europe, everything seems so slow and everything is on De Bruyne. Yeah they've kept clean sheets lately but Porto, Marseille, Olympaikos, Burnely, Fulham and United(who played not to lose today) are a killers row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    This is an awful, awful game of football. But I did enjoy Walker just leaving Pogba and Fred on their arses in quick succession.

Kyle Messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

pjohnson wrote: »
    Theres a highlight?

Yes, the highlight is it's over.

• Advertisement

DVDM93 wrote: »
    As a Liverpool supporter I am absolutely delighted with that result, both teams dropping points. What more can I ask for bar maybe a decent game which was asking for too much obviusly.

As a football enthusiast I'm absolutely disgusted tbh, I'm just glad I'm not paying a Sky Sports subscription for the likes of that tripe! God bless the dodgy box for games like today that's all I'll say.

From a Liverpool perspective, I’d have preferred a Utd win - I just can’t see Utd winning the league this season, whereas city are always capable of reeling off 15 or 20 wins on the bounce if they get their **** together. While they’re playing poorly I want them dropping as many points as possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement