Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2020-21 - Mod Notes in 1st post. [Updated 17/12/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Shocking? The same thing was said last year when Liverpool ran away with it. I think its about the same still just Liverpool aren't the same and have fallen in with the usual chasing pack. 9 points better off after 12 games they were last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have carefully analysed all injuries and VAR decisions, fed the numbers into a computer, pulled the lever and the results are conclusive.

No-one talks about them as much as Liverpool fans.

Even Liverpool fans don't talk as much about Liverpool as you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55253670

Slaven Bilic: West Brom manager sacked after 18 months in charge.

They deserve to go down if they bring Big Sam back into football and he has been out of it for two and half years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

jacool wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55253670

Slaven Bilic: West Brom manager sacked after 18 months in charge.

Maybe should have waited a day or two as last night was the peak of their season imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

8-10 wrote: »
    Spurs have a great chance.

Everyone taking points off each other and Son and Kane assisting each other every week quietly grinding out results when expected to drop off is exactly what happened 5 years ago with Leicester grinding out results, Vardy and Mahrez assisting each other and ending up on 81pts when nobody's won it with less than 93 since

I disagree, I think Liverpool will finish at least 10 points ahead of them, and that's if Kane and Son stay fit. I imagine they have a good chance of top 4 though.

Even Liverpool fans don't talk as much about Liverpool as you do.

Now now. You know the rules.

You're obliged to say "living rent free inside their heads" every time someone posts anything remotely critical of Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

They deserve to go down if they bring Big Sam back into football and he has been out of it for two and half years.

They probably have a better chance of staying up now, no better man for this type of job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The FA Cup is going to start using 5 subs as soon as possible, and the EFL are going to continue using 5 subs.
    The FA CEO wants the PL to bring in 5 subs. But they are still are the only main league in Europe to not allow 5 subs.

https://twitter.com/skysports_bryan/status/1339216227105968130

• Advertisement

Farcical that only the EPL aren't allowing 5 subs

IFAB have approved concussion subs and will start trialing that in January and it looks like the Men's and Women's FA Cups is where it will be done in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Bilic has been dead man walking for ages, they would have needed to be nearly top half for him not to get sacked, him and hierarchy have butted heads for ages now. They screwed him in the summer with the paltry recruitment. God I hope Big Sam gets relegated so we don't have to hear the 'best man for the job' stuff that people used to say endlessly about him and Pulis, as if they magically could never get relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Corholio wrote: »
    Bilic has been dead man walking for ages, they would have needed to be nearly top half for him not to get sacked, him and hierarchy have butted heads for ages now. They screwed him in the summer with the paltry recruitment. God I hope Big Sam gets relegated so we don't have to hear the 'best man for the job' stuff that people used to say endlessly about him and Pulis, as if they magically could never get relegated.

It's not magic. As much as I don't like their style of football and I can't stand Allardyce's (public) persona, they are both very good football managers.

People tend to dismiss them and the likes of Moyes, Hodgson and Bruce as if they are idiots. There is more than one way to play the game and be successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

DeanAustin wrote: »
    It's not magic. As much as I don't like their style of football and I can't stand Allardyce's (public) persona, they are both very good football managers.

People tend to dismiss them and the likes of Moyes, Hodgson and Bruce as if they are idiots. There is more than one way to play the game and be successful.

Nothing to do with the way they play, it's this 'guaranteed' thing that people lazily slap on anytime likes of Sam etc are appointed. They'll analyse the hell out of some things but things are 'guaranteed' once they take over, Pulis was the same.

I like Bilic but he has picked some really poor jobs. Your only as good as your backed and the structures around you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Bilic did well to last as long as he did, WBA wouldn't have even gotten promoted if it wasn't for a huge bottle job from Brentford

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The sum total of WBA's ambitions is to stay in the premier league. That's Sam's bread and butter.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    The sum total of WBA's ambitions is to stay in the premier league. That's Sam's bread and butter.

The players they brought in during the last transfer window would make me really wonder that, its like they were getting ready to come back up again after they get relegated. Allardyce may keep them up or it may go badly like Pulis did there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I thought Big Sam would be holding out for the Arsenal gig as they were talking about him getting it on Talksport today as well.

It’s confirmed now about the sacking and Allardyce first in line to get the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

jose stirring things up before the top of the table clash tomorrow evening :pac:

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1339195611510345729

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I do love Mourinho, he's great for a wind up.

Probably not a popular opinion when we're about to play them but I'd prefer him to win the title with Spurs than any of the other big 6 if we're not going to win it

Their fans really impressed me at the 2019 CL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭circadian

I thought Big Sam would be holding out for the Arsenal gig as they were talking about him getting it on Talksport today as well.

I think spacetime would collapse on itself if Big Sam became Arsenal manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Christ if every time a struggling team rolled out the red carpet for big Sam there'd be no ginger people left in the world.

Leicester vs Everton & Arsenal vs Southampton both on at 6. I hope to god the red button works on Premier Sports this evening & I don't have to watch Leeds vs Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I was so glad when Big Sam left Everton , dour football - West Brom to park the bus and endure anti-football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

ERG89 wrote: »
    Leicester vs Everton & Arsenal vs Southampton both on at 6. I hope to god the red button works on Premier Sports this evening & I don't have to watch Leeds vs Newcastle

Is it supposed to work in Sky, want to watch the arsenal game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Was watching Juve and Atalanta, didn't know Premier sports had games on the Red button

Watching the goal show on Prime Tim Sherwood is a pain to listen too, Robbie Savage is ok in small doses and Dion Dublin seems a nice bloke however he should stick to Homes Under the Hammer.

Walcott with a really nice goal against Arsenal to put Southampton 1 up.

• Advertisement

Walcott scores, thought Leno went down very early and so did Theo looking at the finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Walcott puts Southampton one up against Arsenal, that's gotta hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

thebaz wrote: »
    I was so glad when Big Sam left Everton , dour football - West Brom to park the bus and endure anti-football

WBA have been synonymous with dour football for as long as I can remember.
    They will be a match made in heaven.

Everton 1 up Richarlison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Is the Liverpool game only on prime, don't like watching the game a minute behind.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Is the Liverpool game only on prime, don't like watching the game a minute behind.

Premier Sports as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I thought big Sam would have held out for the Arsenal job

Newcastle 1 up Hendrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Currently Newcastle are 6 points off leaders Southampton, with a game in hand.

Shows how mad this season is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Leeds equalise via bamford

Leeds score 1-1 Bamford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Clinton Morrison talks a lot :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I've had a soft spot for Leicester since 2016, but they've been absolutely infuriating this season. Big wins at City and Arsenal yet any time they have chance to kick on and have a tilt at the title or at least become well established in the top 4, they bottle it. Looking very flat against Everton now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Fitz* wrote: »
    Currently Newcastle are 6 points off leaders Southampton, with a game in hand.

Shows how mad this season is!

That's the thing. The only thing that has changed are the crowds and more congested schedule.

Would weigh the latter more heavily which should benefit bigger teams.

I know it's the case all over Europe, but it makes no sense. Are there any theories?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thelad95 wrote: »
    I've had a soft spot for Leicester since 2016, but they've been absolutely infuriating this season. Big wins at City and Arsenal yet any time they have chance to kick on and have a tilt at the title or at least become well established in the top 4, they bottle it. Looking very flat against Everton now.

Is winning at Arsenal a big win nowadays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Looks like Allan tore his hamstring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is winning at Arsenal a big win nowadays?

It is if you are Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Would have taken a draw before KO, if we hold on will be a big 3 points.

Especially with our next 2 fixtures

Arsenal & Sheff, would be expecting 6 points unless Arsenal get new manager bounce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Big 45 mins coming up fir arteta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What's happening with Aubaumayang? (I actually spelled it right although confirmed on Google) Is he being played out of position? He's been fantastic for years and the goals have just dropped off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement