Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2020-21 - Mod Notes in 1st post. [Updated 17/12/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

3-0 Bartley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Turning into a hammering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Do Chelsea just not like defending?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

3-0

This is bad but.....it is West Brom they are playing so all hope is not lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

£90m bid for Rice incoming from Frank Lampard's Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

That's something else :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Enjoying this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Can't blame kepa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Who knew spending £200m on attackers wouldn't fix a defence!

Frank Lampard just like Ole is in over his head at a big club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Watch Chelsea splash another 100million next week now :p

Kepa saying to himself well I can't be blamed for that muck defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

In their last like 5 games Chelsea have given braces to David McGoldrick and Callum Robinson. Keeping the Irish dreams alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Frankie sacked at HT ,poch brought in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

T-Birds 3 - 0 Pink Ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

In their last like 5 games Chelsea have given braces to David McGoldrick and Callum Robinson. Keeping the Irish dreams alive.

or cursing us to more mediocrity :D

chips1234 wrote: »
    or cursing us to more mediocrity :D

Shane Long to round it out in 2 weeks time :D

(or preferably Obafemi)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

I thought united were bad today, this is horrible for Frank. Chelsea have had better chances but I feel West Brom could end up winning this by 7. What a weird game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not sure what I'm most surprised by? The scoreline or the Chelsea kit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Rock77 wrote: »
    I was wondering why you would continue to do something you thought was sad.......

Just quickly though,

If you only do it when Utd concede and as you say ‘the attention and reaction it gets is amusing entertaining and ironic’ you do realise that’s another way of saying I do it to wind up Man Utd fans.

It's not.

As I've mentioned, the reason I do it is as per the phrase 'give as one gets'.

'it was started and prolonged by a different poster in previous years.' - as another poster has mentioned.

That poster happens to be a United fan. I've never heard it from anyone else so naturally enough it only goes back when United concede.

Anyway, can we all rejoice here & enjoy the hammering Chelsea are getting together? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Where is the logic in bringing in a 36 year old CB who's never played in the league before and hoping he's gonna solve your defensive woes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do Chelsea just not like defending?

Who the **** would want the job of being Chelsea's number 1 in the Frank Lampard era

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You can't spend 200m, still be this bad at the back and stay in a job. Another defeat next time out and Lampard is toast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The writing’s on the wall for Frank.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Where is the logic in bringing in a 36 year old CB who's never played in the league before and hoping he's gonna solve your defensive woes?

i figured it out, lampard had his youtube set to 2x speed and thought silva still had loads of pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Frank looks like he's staging a sit down protest over his side's defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The writing’s on the wall for Frank.

He's untouchable now after calling the team after him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

See, your trying to use logic to approach this. Clearly there is no logic applied to Chelsea's transfer dealings.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

The sour face on Frank Lampard is a thing of beauty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Frank looks like he's staging a sit down protest over his side's defending.

It'd be better if he actually tried to coach a defense. Didn't Derby have a similar problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wow that is some hammering, and not even HT yet. And to the perceived PL whipping boys too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Lampard and pundits can't use the excuse that Lampard couldn't buy any players due to the ban.

Now that he has bought a new team they look even worse.

I'd say Kepa is struggling not to smile and laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

The sour face on Frank Lampard is a thing of beauty.
    i'll actually have to agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It'd be better if ye actually tried to coach a defense. Didn't Derby have a similar problem?

Frank Lampard's Derby County had no stickability, no cohesion in the central midfield so if you got through you'd have a shot on goal.

• Advertisement

Can't be too many people surprised by this. Lampard looked out of his depth at times last season when it came to the defense. He'll be sacked by Christmas the way things are going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

And made him captain

DVDM93 wrote: »
    [/b]

It's not.

As I've mentioned, the reason I do it is as per the phrase 'give as one gets'.

'it was started and prolonged by a different poster in previous years.' - as another poster has mentioned.

That poster happens to be a United fan. I've never heard it from anyone else so naturally enough it only goes back when United concede.

Anyway, can we all rejoice here & enjoy the hammering Chelsea are getting together? :)

Difference is one poster does it when his team scores.

You are doing it against United.

One is celebrating the other is "giving as good as he gets" even though the perceived gets is just made up in his head

Robinson has literally only scored one Premier League goal before today, and who was it against?

Y1MPW3q.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

And made him captain

He doesn't even speak English so to make him captain in his first league game is mind boggling :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Looking forward to Franck’s ‘humorous comment, pause, laugh, then “no but seriously” after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Why is Silva captain actually, who's the usual captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

razorblunt wrote: »
    Looking forward to Franck’s ‘humorous comment, pause, laugh, then “no but seriously” after this.
    oh he'll say it was not our day.. sick of it already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jorginho?

Azpilicueta is captain & Jorginho is vice captain.

its not even just silva or the fact they made him captain, how the fck is alonso still being trotted out at lb, he has the pace of a tectonic plate at this stage, paint would dry faster etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Fair enough starting Silva, I can slightly justify that with their defence and him playing in the CL final only a few weeks ago.. but making him captain? Sends the complete wrong message to the squad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

chips1234 wrote: »
    its not even just silva or the fact they made him captain, how the fck is alonso still being trotted out at lb, he has the pace of a tectonic plate at this stage, paint would dry faster etc

I think Werner feels his 'effectiveness' as well on that side of the pitch. Chelsea set up is not going to get the best out of him at all.

Fair enough starting Silva, I can slightly justify that with their defence and him playing in the CL final only a few weeks ago.. but making him captain? Sends the complete wrong message to the squad.

TBF outside of kante there isn't many other options and he doesn't seem the most talkative out on pitch, like the rest are young lads new(er) players or Alonso, and Willy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I think Werner feels his effectiveness as well on that side of the pitch Chelsea set up is not going to get the best out of him at all.

why are they shifting him out to the left though also ? they seem to be lacking creatively and if ziyech isnt fit and doesnt hit the ground running i dont see where goals are coming from, havertz will surely only improve i suppose too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement