Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irritating encounter with staff in subway

Options
  • 20-08-2020 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, just using an anon account as I don't want to link this to my main. So I am still buzzing after an encounter in Subway yesterday that has left me wondering whether to contact management or take it to social media.

When I entered I asked the staff member if they still do the vegan meatballs to which he replied, quite smarmily, in the negative. From the off I was getting bad vibes from this guy like some sort of reverse snobbery towards vegetarians but anyway I asked for the vegan patty. When the time came for the salads he said just lettuce I suppose and I said no i don't want lettuce (i never get lettuce) but I wanted peppers, onions, jalapeños, black olives, pickles, and maybe a few other things. Now at this stage he rolled his eyes very plainly and made a big show of adding these ingredients to my sandwhich, then I asked for a combination of three sauces as I always do with no problem, but at this stage he is behaving very rudely and starts to complain that I am not wearing a mask to which I told him there is no sign on the door making it clear that masks are required. We got into quite a heated exchange about masks where I told him he should be wearing goggles to stop transmission through eyes and how often were they cleaning the surface tops actually and that he really should be wearing a hair net if he cares so much. To make a long story short he shouted at me to leave (this had nothing to do with the mask as he was obnoxious towards me from the start) without serving my sandwhich. Still fuming as I write this.

Comments

I'd imagine not wearing a mask was the issue here not your vegan lunch ..........

Shops and other retail settings
    On 10 August 2020, new public health laws (pdf) made face coverings mandatory for customers in:

Shops, including pharmacies
    Shopping centres
    Libraries
    Cinemas and cinema complexes
    Theatres
    Concert halls
    Bingo halls
    Museums
    Nail salons
    Hair salons and barbers
    Tattoo and piercing parlours
    Travel agents and tour operators
    Laundries and dry cleaners
    Bookmakers

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its quite clear you were obnoxious (the goggles stuff) and asked to leave; and if you're not willing to use your normal account to admit that there is no point to this thread. Go moan on twitter or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement