Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term loan

• 20-08-2020 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

If I wanted to take out a loan for €1000 until say January, but I couldn't go to the bank or CU, already have loans with them, who would be the best to try for.
    Not looking at the likes of Provident.
    Cliche I know, but asking for a friend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Even if your friend already has a (term?) loan with the bank, they could always ask for a six month €1,000 overdraft facility on their current account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Or an extension of existing loan (top-up for AIB)?

Having credit with one provider won't necessarily stop you getting more with same provider unless you are at the limit of what they deem you can afford. If this is the case then another provider may need no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Recliner

kenmm wrote: »
    Or an extension of existing loan (top-up for AIB)?

Having credit with one provider won't necessarily stop you getting more with same provider unless you are at the limit of what they deem you can afford. If this is the case then another provider may need no different.

I know they've tried the bank and CU and we're rejected for exactly the reason you said. They were hoping for something else they could do. I know they will definitely have the wherewithal to pay back the loan in January.
    I'm reluctant to loan the money myself, I've been burned before doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Recliner wrote: »
    I know they've tried the bank and CU and we're rejected for exactly the reason you said. They were hoping for something else they could do. I know they will definitely have the wherewithal to pay back the loan in January.
    I'm reluctant to loan the money myself, I've been burned before doing that.

See , I'm not sure how it works these days, but isn't us bad for further credit if you gave a credit search on file that doesn't become a credit arrangement?

ie of you've been knocked back already it affects how other companies score you?

Advertisement