Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Ireland AGM 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

As it turns out, I've done so little this year I couldn't think of any of the typical issues that annoy me. I also flat out forgot about the deadling. Did anyone submit anything?

I had planned to submit one asking for the banning of monetary prizes at A4 level, and another proposing that CI is mandated to fully support a minimum of one full womens race every month or fortnight. That is, they cover the ambulance and commisaires costs to entice more clubs into running womens races for a full year until a critical mass is reached and clubs see the benefit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

CramCycle wrote: »
    As it turns out, I've done so little this year I couldn't think of any of the typical issues that annoy me. I also flat out forgot about the deadling. Did anyone submit anything?

I had planned to submit one asking for the banning of monetary prizes at A4 level, and another proposing that CI is mandated to fully support a minimum of one full womens race every month or fortnight. That is, they cover the ambulance and commisaires costs to entice more clubs into running womens races for a full year until a critical mass is reached and clubs see the benefit.

Damn they're good motions.
    I want one that says instant disqualification if someone litters in a race.
    Maybe even something similar for a leisure event, like if you're caught littering you can't enter the next event or something.

Our league bans you for 12 months from the date of the offence, no littering apart from riders dropping glasses (this happens alot).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

CramCycle wrote: »
    Our league bans you for 12 months from the date of the offence, no littering apart from riders dropping glasses (this happens alot).

Excellent. Should be a CI rule too.
    I'd also make throwing bottles in a sprint a DQ/ban-able offence.

eeeee wrote: »
    Excellent. Should be a CI rule too.
    I'd also make throwing bottles in a sprint a DQ/ban-able offence.

If you need to throw a bottle in an amateur race, I have some bad news, you aren't going to make it.

This said I've done it in Corkagh but that's because I was trying to hit my friend.

• Advertisement

How are we facilitating arguments this morning, will there be break out rooms for those of us who just want to stir sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Do CI have to vote on accepting the Vets? or was it only the Vets who had to vote to join CI?

Inquitus wrote: »
    Do CI have to vote on accepting the Vets? or was it only the Vets who had to vote to join CI?

Outside of an AGM, the Vets could simply join CI as a club, if you wanted to merge the two, they would both have to have motions at their AGM AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I was going to login but my chainsaw calls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Interesting they are seeing a decline in numbers and expect further decline in 2020.

Our club has seen a huge uptake in numbers due to the amount of people taking up cycling.

• Advertisement

I was going to login but my chainsaw calls
    Riveting stuff so far
    rizzodun wrote: »
    Interesting they are seeing a decline in numbers and expect further decline in 2020.

Our club has seen a huge uptake in numbers due to the amount of people taking up cycling.
    Alot of riders would take a year out from racing if they aren't getting any, you'll see a late surge if C19 goes away in a reasonable time frame next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

If they had a breakdown of members by discipline that would be easier to see alright.
    Hopefully next year.

Anyone on the womens commission here? We received no notification of the AGM in time to submit motions or nominations according to the posted deadline (which appears to have been posted on the day of the AGM, not before the deadline of the 1st August). We had been told it was the 31st of August when we inquired. When nominations were brought up at the AGM it appears they were closed off and not engaged. It seems to be in contravention of the Womens commissions Constitution point 5. I wanted to bring it up today but wanted to make sure I have the correct view.

Advertisement