Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2020/2021 - see Mod Note in OP [18/11/20]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

3 Irish scored for St Mirren last night and Jaze Kabia got one for Livingston. All young or reasonably young so hopefully they can push on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

U21s have been drawn in group F along with Italy, Sweden, Bosina, Montenegro and Luxembourg. Playing Italy, Sweden and Luxembourg again this campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

U21s have been drawn in group F along with Italy, Sweden, Bosina, Montenegro and Luxembourg. Playing Italy, Sweden and Luxembourg again this campaign.

The Ryan Johansson group!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Idah mustn't have been able to get his game in the first pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Doherty playing left wing back for Spurs tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I don’t think Doherty has done a single thing right yet. He’s been awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Matt Doherty is so bad. Will probably get taken off at HT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

At this stage just need to hope he gets a better home this summer. Can see Spurs eyeing up an actual right back this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Seamus Coleman's message to Yannick Bolasie, who was loaned out to Middlesbrough from Everton:

Es5BHJCXcAIsC9S?format=jpg&name=large

The guy's a gem.

Just on Finn.

I was kind of shocked to see her was of African heritage when I saw I article above somewhere else.

Between the name and the ties I had assumed he was white.

Only read about him through here so I'm sure others had a different POV on his appearance too

• Advertisement

The most interesting thing about that article was that the English FA already beat us to the punch in the pursuit of John Patrick. It looks like any player is fair game in their eyes. I can see a day coming soon when they are going to try and poach an Irish born player with an English connection.

With regard to John Patrick himself, to be honest, I don't think he'll be quite good enough to play for Spain. He's a big physical unit and he doesn't appear to have a great touch. I understand he's still young and growing into his body, but I am not sure he's going to develop into the type of player that they would be looking for in central midfield. It'll be interesting to see who he choses, but one thing wouldn't surprise me at all is if he ends up playing in England.

The most interesting thing about that article was that the English FA already beat us to the punch in the pursuit of John Patrick. It looks like any player is fair game in their eyes. I can see a day coming soon when they are going to try and poach an Irish born player with an English connection.

With regard to John Patrick himself, to be honest, I don't think he'll be quite good enough to play for Spain. He's a big physical unit and he doesn't appear to have a great touch. I understand he's still young and growing into his body, but I am not sure he's going to develop into the type of player that they would be looking for in central midfield. It'll be interesting to see who he choses, but one thing wouldn't surprise me at all is if he ends up playing in England.

Armstrong Okoflex was literally playing with their underage teams even though he didn't qualify for England.

Dennis Cirkin is a different story as his family moved to England when he was three and we'd be his third choice behind England and Latvia probably.

Idah on the bench. Hendrick and Coleman starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Good to see Idah back to fitness. Hopefully he can have a decent run in the second half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

O'Shea and Robinson in action on BBC1 now for WBA

O'Shea and Robinson in action on BBC1 now for WBA

O'Shea taken off already as WBA go from 5 at back to 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭crushproof

A Shane Duffy horror just there. Celtic 0-2 down.

He is having an absolute howler of a season.

sugarman wrote: »
    Another goal for Hourihane.
    https://twitter.com/oldmansaid/status/1355544901732151297

He's having some impact, great to see.

Robinson off at HT now

McCarthy also off at HT for Palace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Another James McCarthy injury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Byrne off on 46 mins , not sure if injury or not . Not given much of a chance to impress if it’s not an injury substitute

I can't see Byrne being in contention to make the squad at this rate. There are six places available in the squad for the three midfield positions and McCarthy, Cullen, Hendrick, Brady, Hourihane, Molumby, Knight, and Browne are all ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Another horror show from Duffy today, bets for all concerned if he gets to **** out of there, even a lower chip side at this stage his confidence must be shot to pieces

sugarman wrote: »
    Doherty switched to the right for the second half and was just at fault the second goal there.

Absolutely no interest or desire to even try close down his man. If someone gets an inch over him, he completely gives up.
    Maybe Doherty will get another chance now?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9203619/Serge-Aurier-fighting-Tottenham-future-storming-half-time-Liverpool-loss.html
    Serge Aurier is left fighting for his future at Tottenham after he stunned team-mates with an angry half-time outburst in the dressing room during defeat by Liverpool... and then stormed out of the stadium after being substituted

He was always gonna get more chances, people have been too quick to write him off because he didn't bring his Wolves form into this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Another horror show from Duffy today, bets for all concerned if he gets to **** out of there, even a lower chip side at this stage his confidence must be shot to pieces

Nobody wants him gone more than Celtic fans, he has been horrendous costing us goals & points in pretty much every game.

Unfortunately I doubt he'll be going anywhere till the summer. His confidence is shot and I can't see how he could step in to an Irish side for the march games in this form

RoryMac wrote: »
    Nobody wants him gone more than Celtic fans, he has been horrendous costing us goals & points in pretty much every game.

Unfortunately I doubt he'll be going anywhere till the summer. His confidence is shot and I can't see how he could step in to an Irish side for the march games in this form

Egan and Clark surely need to be our starting CBs for Serbia, does Duffy even make the squad with his form.

Also Kevin Long signs a two year contract extension at Burnley. Either he's gotten reassurance that he'll be Tarkowski's replacement or he's just settled and happy to be collecting his paycheck at this stage in his career.

he's just settled and happy to be collecting his paycheck at this stage in his career.

This seems to be the case unfortunately

He was always gonna get more chances, people have been too quick to write him off because he didn't bring his Wolves form into this season.

Well he will do till season ends. I'd imagine a RB and back up striker be top of Spurs shopping list however.

No Doherty in the starting 11 today. Could be rotation could be dropped.

• Advertisement

henke wrote: »

Sissoko starting RWB ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Dropped surely, ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Same as most weeks then? He hardly needs a rest anyway :pac:

Bad sign when he can’t get in when they seem to be playing a back 3/5.

fullstop wrote: »
    Same as most weeks then? He hardly needs a rest anyway :pac:

Bad sign when he can’t get in when they seem to be playing a back 3/5.

I'd agree.

I'd agree.

It's Jose though, does anybody even know what goes through his head when it comes to team selections. Like last week he picks five at the back, has Doherty playing on the left and Ben Davies playing CB (whose playing on the left tonight), and then switches to a back four at half time. Honestly think he'll be sacked before the years over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Connolly with one of the misses of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Connolly should be scoring these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Connolly should be scoring these

Reminded me of the one hendrick missed vs Slovakia. Harder to miss the thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Mushy wrote: »
    Reminded me of the one hendrick missed vs Slovakia. Harder to miss the thing

Hourihane’s? Poor hendrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hourihane’s? Poor hendrick

I almost had it wiped from my memory. Terrible either way, and apologies to poor Jeff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭pgj2015

disappointed with egan for the man city goal, the ball gets to jesus but he fumbles with it, egan just stood there watching, then he reacted when it was too late. I hate seeing defenders ball watching. he was in no mans land as well when the ball was crossed to jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

pgj2015 wrote: »
    disappointed with egan for the man city goal, the ball gets to jesus but he fumbles with it, egan just stood there watching, then he reacted when it was too late. I hate seeing defenders ball watching. he was in no mans land as well when the ball was crossed to jesus.

I thought it was basham which just moved out of the way and just left jesus there on his own. Egan did well in the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I'm actually very impressed by Egan. Think he's one of those who gets better with age. Looks a strong character. Wouldn't mind seeing him as Ireland captain.

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

Shane Long could be on the way to Bournemouth on loan it seems, Josh King going the other way in that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

fullstop wrote: »
    Connolly with one of the misses of the season.

It was a great block in fairness; he lifted the ball and Alderweireld still managed to stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Troy Parrott being linked with a loan to Ipswich. Ipswich aren't a great team but you have to hope he can play well and score at that level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Troy Parrott being linked with a loan to Ipswich. Ipswich aren't a great team but you have to hope he can play well and score at that level.

Pity mourinho didn't let him go to Dundalk on loan last season.

That is disappointing news on Parrott. He was playing fairly regularly until the last few weeks but just not scoring. I did have higher hopes for him that he wouldn't be dropping down to League One.

Parrott to Ipswich confirmed. Hopefully it can kickstart him and he can get a few goals before the season ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭crushproof

Spoke to a massive Spurs fan just before Christmas, 20 year season ticket holder etc. He had such high hopes for Parrott but the fall over the past 12-18 months has been terrible, and his off field antics have put a lot of Spurs fans off him. He's pretty sure now he'll be another exceptional talent that's going to fall into the cracks of professional football.

I'm hoping he's proven wrong but judging by the drop down to L1 he could be right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement