Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2020/2021 - see Mod Note in OP [18/11/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's always really awful to hope McClean plays. Always.

I presume he’s banned from the first competitive game after his Red anyway? So I’d nearly expect him to start the friendly, or at least get 30 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I presume he’s banned from the first competitive game after his Red anyway? So I’d nearly expect him to start the friendly, or at least get 30 mins.

2 yellows so think he served one match ban away to Finland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Unfortunately see us taking a beating tonight 3/4-0 maybe.

Or maybe we’ll see the springboard....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    That’s cringe from paddy power

Thats the MO from Paddy power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    That’s cringe from paddy power

The snake heat map?

Disagree.

Broke my ****e laughing at it.

Great tonic for the times we live in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Embarrassing and cringeworthy, what's new from PP. They've also gave England their team talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

noodler wrote: »
    The snake heat map?

Disagree.

Broke my ****e laughing at it.

Great tonic for the times we live in

Yeah I think so. They always pull these bold moves such as pitching this billboard up right outside Wembley today and love or hate PP it gets them the publicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Embarrassing and cringeworthy, what's new from PP. They've also gave England their team talk.

Doubtful, not sure this is really going to bother anyone all that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I thought the Paddy Power thing was funny. Definitely don't see how it is cringe worthy or embarrassing and also don't think any of the English players will be upping their performance levels because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I hope NI win too. Wouldn't say they're better than us, but enjoyed seeing them in World Cups in the 80s and Euro 2016.

Hope they’re hockeyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,941 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A bit cringe.

To be fair we need to end our underage teams being used like that. It's not right to deprive other young prospects when your heart's not in it to continue representing the team at senior level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

sugarman wrote: »
    As already pointed out, it wouldn't be a good result for us rankings wise and thats all that should concern us.

Exactly. Unfortunately there appears to be still the "boo Rangers players" cohort to our support

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

What's so embarrassing about it? awful sensitive folk on here,

It's hardly a night for a teamtalk or where either team require or would benefit much from a teamtalk, a friendly match hastily arranged. England most likely will get 2 goals ahead at some stage in the game and then empty the bench.

Are Coleman and McCarthy likely to be fit for the Wales game?

It's always really awful to hope McClean plays. Always.

Yeah, it's much better to see Callum O'Dowda in the starting line up :rolleyes:

McCarthy has left to attend a family emergency, is said to be linking back up with the squad before the Wales game.

Coleman is probably out for all 3 games, tweaked his hamstring again in training last night.

Worrying about Coleman. Seems to be picking up one injury after another these days.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Worrying about Coleman. Seems to be picking up one injury after another these days.

We’d nearly have been better off giving him the break off altogether to properly recover from the v last injury which he’s only just back from. Does no one any good to force things, which it feels like has been happening with him. Especially as RB is the one spot we have proper depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Is it really awful to hope that McClean plays...and Rice and/or Grealish dwell on the ball a little too long within lunging distance?

why would it have to be McClean? any of the Irish players should want to take either of them 2 pricks out.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    why would it have to be McClean? any of the Irish players should want to take either of them 2 pricks out.

I’d rather our lads are motivated and focused to just go get a result instead of trying to hurt people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

pgj2015 wrote: »

Yeah, and England should have Joey Barton in their squad to take Calum Robinson out, eh??

• Advertisement

I’d rather our lads are motivated and focused to just go get a result instead of trying to hurt people.

Unlikely to be fireworks tonight

Yeah, and England should have Joey Barton in their squad to take Calum Robinson out, eh??

Does Joey Barton have it in for Callum Robinson?

Same hamstring injury that kept him out last month. He then rushed back for the Everton v Liverpool derby after the International break and went off injured having tweaked it again.

He was feeling it throughout the game on the weekend just gone but managed to play the 90.

Obviously playing for Ireland means a lot to him but he would have been better resting up over the break. Clearly wasnt fully healed / fit.

He had a right to sit these games out. It's not like he's missing a qualifier for the World Cup or Euros

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Yeah, it's much better to see Callum O'Dowda in the starting line up :rolleyes:

It certainly is. A player with some technical ability and skill.

It certainly is. A player with some technical ability and skill.

It really isn't. One has 21 appearances and zero goals and has never done anything in an Ireland shirt, also his club form been patchy recently. The other 73 appearances and 10 goals and in contrast very good form for his club recently.

However you've got your axe to grind and you're going to grind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

We’d nearly have been better off giving him the break off altogether to properly recover from the v last injury which he’s only just back from. Does no one any good to force things, which it feels like has been happening with him. Especially as RB is the one spot we have proper depth.

Only for the injury to Stevens though I think Doherty would have still started at RB even if Coleman was fit. Doherty has played every minute under Kenny and Coleman was an unused sub in the two games he was fit for.

Unless Doherty puts in a couple of performances like he did in the Bulgaria game, even though he was just back from holidays and not match fit for that game, I can see him being our starting RB for the qualifiers.

Does Joey Barton have it in for Callum Robinson?

Does any Irish player have it in for Grealish/Rice?

Does any Irish player have it in for Grealish/Rice?

Don't know, they should, both of those took places of players in Ireland teams and then jumped ship.

So the Barton/Robinson link was just random?

Only for the injury to Stevens though I think Doherty would have still started at RB even if Coleman was fit. Doherty has played every minute under Kenny and Coleman was an unused sub in the two games he was fit for.

Unless Doherty puts in a couple of performances like he did in the Bulgaria game, even though he was just back from holidays and not match fit for that game, I can see him being our starting RB for the qualifiers.

I’m only talking about what’s best for Coleman, and subsequently for Ireland. Whether he’s a starter or a first choice backup, he can’t do either if he’s not fit.

Just think he shouldn’t even have been training this week besides recovery work.

• Advertisement

Don't know, they should, both of those took places of players in Ireland teams and then jumped ship.

So the Barton/Robinson link was just random?

Robinson played underage for England, then “jumped ship”, same as Grealish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fully expecting a dull and dour 2-0 defeat. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

English haven't beaten us in 35 years!! Crazy.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Why are both teams wearing away jerseys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Duffys Celtic form continues
    What a move eh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Blow up now ref, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I wonder if Paddy Power will give odds on Ireland not having a successful pass in the opposition half in the second 45?

I still dont understand what Dowda does or even tries to, do,
    What type of player does he think he is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ratracer

Horgan is probably the liveliest of the bunch tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dark times for Irish soccer atm

Only bright spark is the under 21s but the usual thing of us being favourites will hit us and we will blow it on Sunday

Kenny Cunningham thinks every Irish player is Fantastic haha

• Advertisement

English haven't beaten us in 35 years!! Crazy.

Use that stat while you still can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Why are both teams wearing away jerseys?

Probably to try flog a few away jerseys with Christmas coming up.

Duffys Celtic form continues
    What a move eh

Yes, we were told by a few on here that it would be a step down for Duffy, that it would be too easy for him and he'd drop his standards as a result. Instead disappointingly Shane has struggled and has been dropped by Celtic

So much for that commentary eh:rolleyes:

Hopefully he'll improve and get a chance to get back in the team.

Watchin some of the Norn Iron game. Shocking that we lost to Slovakia, they are happy to go to pens in that game with loads of time left.

Yes, we were told by a few on here that it would be a step down for Duffy, that it would be too easy for him and he'd drop his standards as a result. Instead disappointingly Shane has struggled and has been dropped by Celtic

So much for that commentary eh:rolleyes:

Hopefully he'll improve and get a chance to get back in the team.

Once Julien gets back Duffy will be 4th choice centre half.

I say kevin long gets more games for ireland in a season than Burnley, I see he was back warming the bench the last game.

Seems like a wasted talent happy to warm the bench

Once Julien gets back Duffy will be 4th choice centre half.

Yes. The only way he'll get another chance is if there are injuries. Looks like he'll be down the pecking order for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

dumfermline was to big for kenny no mind this so far hes been rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Soups123 wrote: »
    Unfortunately see us taking a beating tonight 3/4-0 maybe.

Or maybe we’ll see the springboard....

As predicted.

I thought Kenny was unusually positive about our play but it was so pedestrian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I still dont understand what Dowda does or even tries to, do,
    What type of player does he think he is?

Did you not think he played well against Slovakia in the play-off?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement