Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2020/2021 - see Mod Note in OP [18/11/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Idah has been poor for us when he's played. It's partly his fault and partly Kenny's fault for not giving him any support. However it's clear that he's not ready to start for the senior team yet and needs more time to develop.
    I think Idah has been poor, but is it really his fault? He's only 19, he's only played a handful of games at senior level. To drop him into full international games and to ask him to lead the line in a way McGoldrick did is very ambitious.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭TheadoreT

TheCitizen wrote: »
    :pac: So much drivel in such few words.

Duffy played fine the other day v Wales. If Duffy manages to get back in the Celtic team and hold his position it will actually be the makings of him as a centre back. Amazing the way some people run with a narrative given to them and everything is viewed through that prism.

Hahaha he's moved to the 11th ranked league in Europe, he'll be playing dire standard football week in week out if he plays at all, that's the makings of nobody.

He clearly struggles with the ball at his feet, and with Kenny's style and most styles in modern football hes not gonna cut it. If you cant see that, the old opinions game is probably not for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Huh? :pac: I'll have to spell it out for you obviously.

Yes I know he's struggling with his club. He's probably not exactly suited to the way Kenny wants him to play or what Neil Lennon wants from a centre back for that matter. The point i'm making is if he can get back in the Celtic team and keep his place it will mean he will have improved in terms of the demands made from modern centre backs. The exact opposite that the poster I quoted above is suggesting.

Anyway, he played fine v Wales. The poster I quoted described Shane Duffy as "our most immediate problem now". He's not, he's far from our most immediate problem right now. Ridiculous hyperbole.

He was far from fine against Wales,

Wales pressed and closed down our defenders to make sure the ball ended up with Duffy and then he done exactly what the knew he would , give the ball away ,

If you want to build play from the back you can't have someone who is so poor on the ball , It all just falls apart ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

So the game is only live on SKY .... ffs
    I can probably watch a host of other games on terrestrial VM tv 3 but have to subscribe to a uk company to watch a home game live. Another legacy of the trollop JD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

secman wrote: »
    So the game is only live on SKY .... ffs
    I can probably watch a host of other games on terrestrial VM tv 3 but have to subscribe to a uk company to watch a home game live. Another legacy of the trollop JD.

That's been the case with the Nations League from the start, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

TheadoreT wrote: »
    Hahaha he's moved to the 11th ranked league in Europe, he'll be playing dire standard football week in week out if he plays at all, that's the makings of nobody.

This is a total contradiction in terms. He'll be playing a dire standard if he plays at all? If the standard is so dire why was he dropped? Nonsensical drivel.
    He clearly struggles with the ball at his feet, and with Kenny's style and most styles in modern football hes not gonna cut it. If you cant see that, the old opinions game is probably not for you.

It depends on what our options are. He's the current captain for Stephen Kenny so I'm not sure he shares your "opinion".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I feel sorry for Duffy. His dad died early in the year and it's naturally affecting him a lot. Hope he gets a goal tonight and things start going right for him.

He was far from fine against Wales,

Wales pressed and closed down our defenders to make sure the ball ended up with Duffy and then he done exactly what the knew he would , give the ball away ,

If you want to build play from the back you can't have someone who is so poor on the ball , It all just falls apart ,

Nonsense. He played fine against Wales. You're exaggerating.

Building from the back is fine, when it can be done and as long as it's done with pace. Stephen Kenny needs to learn to mix it up a bit. There is no point in passing the ball out from the back all the time for the sake of it in a slow laborious manner that allows the opponent to set themselves up against you. That doesn't mean we hoof it either. Against Wales we didn't pass out from the back for the sake of it and Duffy played fine.

I feel sorry for Duffy. His dad died early in the year and it's naturally affecting him a lot. Hope he gets a goal tonight and things start going right for him.

Duffy will be fine. The sages on here writing him off haven't a clue. Stephen Kenny will stick by him as well.

At Celtic, he might struggle to get back in the team, if he does get back in great it will mean he will have improved as a defender in terms of the demands from a modern cb in an attacking team like Celtic. If he doesn't it's not the end of the world he can go back to an EPL or Championship side at the end of this loan period.

Curious, who are the central defenders who can play the ball out of defence?

Duffy clearly is not one, that is fair enough.

Egan is not one either, he is the ball winner in the Sheffield United team and even his manager said he is "not a comfortable footballer".

Is a 30 year old back up player in Kevin Long the answer? I would guess not.

Our most comfortable ball playing centre back who I have seen so far was when Doherty played there against Wales.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Nonsense. He played fine against Wales. You're exaggerating.

Building from the back is fine, when it can be done and as long as it's done with pace. Stephen Kenny needs to learn to mix it up a bit. There is no point in passing the ball out from the back all the time for the sake of it in a slow laborious manner that allows the opponent to set themselves up against you. That doesn't mean we hoof it either. Against Wales we didn't pass out from the back for the sake of it and Duffy played fine.

It was pointed out to you before the season started by me and others that Duffy cannot play a passing game. I remember you saying he's well capable of passing it out from the back. Everything we've seen from Duffy so far at Celtic and under Kenny has shown he is incapable of playing in a team that wants to play it out from the back. He is a definite problem for Ireland and will remain so unless Kenny changes his mind about how he wants the team to play.

You were wrong, you should just admit it.

Egan is not one either, he is the ball winner in the Sheffield United team and even his manager said he is "not a comfortable footballer".

Our most comfortable ball playing centre back who I have seen so far was when Doherty played there against Wales.

This.

Are we going to play players out of position at centre back in some idealistic notion of playing out from the back through the press all the time religiously like Pep's Man City? Nah, we need to be pragmatic.

Early days for Stephen Kenny, i'm sure he already knows that he needs to be pragmatic about these things, and i think there are signs that he will be pragmatic while encouraging our players to pass it when possible.

This is a total contradiction in terms. He'll be playing a dire standard if he plays at all? If the standard is so dire why was he dropped? Nonsensical drivel.

I didnt call Celtic dire, the opposition they face week in week out are which is the important point. But he's all but been made obsolete as a central defender the way the game has gone. This argument is about him being dropped from a very poor Irish team, he's standout struggling in a struggling side.

Anyway theres no point continuing this if you dont have the eye to see his shortcomings in this style and how much of a problem it is for us.

It was pointed out to you before the season started by me and others that Duffy cannot play a passing game. I remember you saying he's well capable of passing it out from the back. Everything we've seen from Duffy so far at Celtic and under Kenny has shown he is incapable of playing in a team that wants to play it out from the back. He is a definite problem for Ireland and will remain so unless Kenny changes his mind about how he wants the team to play.

You were wrong, you should just admit it.

Listen. Duffy has struggled for Celtic and has been dropped as a result. He was dropped by Celtic because he stopped doing the basics right, not because he wasn't passing out from the back like Franz Beckenbauer.

A poster above said Duffy is the most immediate problem for Stephen Kenny. He most certainly is not.

You see sometimes things can be complex, it's not always a black and white you were right and he was wrong binary thing. Sometimes it is like in your post quoted, but sometimes it isn't. These nuances and complexities tend to fly over the heads of those who don't really know what they're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Dara O'Shea looks very comfortable in possession, nice range of passing.

I didnt call Celtic dire, the opposition they face week in week out are which is the important point. But he's all but been made obsolete as a central defender the way the game had gone. This argument is about him being dropped from a very poor Irish team, he's standout struggling in a struggling side.

Anyway theres no point continuing this if you dont have the eye to see his shortcomings in this style and how much of a problem it is for us.

Do you think Stephen Kenny should drop him?

He won't be dropping him and his display against Wales which was good, there was nothing there to suggest he should be dropped. You're away with the fairies fella.

He won't be dropping him and his display against Wales which was good, there was nothing there to suggest he should be dropped. You're away with the fairies fella.

Yeah if he wants to continue with his football ideology he needs to drop him. Centre back is one of the most important positions from an attacking point of view in this system and it simply doesnt function with Duffy.

I'd have Trap or MON back in the perfect world and play him but fans dont find that style palatable anymore despite it playing far more to our strengths and minimizing our weaknesses. But hey that's another argument. There no middle ground where he fits in successfully with Kenny's style.

Duffy has strong points but is very limited footballer who I'm my opinion will not improve at all at Celtic
    He will be doing less of what he is good at and more of what he is bad at ( at his age he isn't going to improve his passing at this stage)

But for Ireland he should still be a part of our defence as we don't have many options, Kenny should realise what players he has a build system to fit them not the other way around,

We don't have ball paying CB's to play his style just like we don't have a front 3 to play his style

Kenny's biggest problem is Kenny himself and his stubbornness to abandon a system and style that we simply can not play ,

Duffy is miles away from Irelands biggest problem and without doubt can be used effectively for us

Yeah if he wants to continue with his football ideology he needs to drop him. Centre back is one of the most important positions from an attacking point of view in this system and it simply doesnt function with Duffy.

I'd have Trap or MON back in the perfect world and play him but fans dont find that style palatable anymore despite it playing far more to our strengths and minimizing our weaknesses. But hey that's another argument. There no middle ground where he fits in successfully with Kenny's style.

"There is no middle ground" :pac:

There is a middle ground. We don't have to play out through the press from the back all the time. We can encourage players to pass when possible but it doesn't have to be all the time.

Pragmatism is important. Finding that balance is important. That's what Stephen Kenny needs to find if he's to have any success as Ireland manager.

There is a middle ground. We don't have to play out through the press from the back all the time. We can encourage players to pass when possible but it doesn't have to be all the time.

Pragmatism is important. Finding that balance is important. That's what Stephen Kenny needs to find if he's to have any success as Ireland manager.

Your missing reading what he means,

Kenny is giving them no middle ground , Kenny is not being Pragmatic
    Kenny wants them to pass out every time,
    Duffy is struggling because of this but Kenny is insisting he continues to try and pass out ,

The poster is saying if Kenny is so adamant then there should be no place for Duffy,
    If Kenny wants Duffy to start then he should change the style / system but he is not budging

• Advertisement

Duffy has strong points but is very limited footballer who I'm my opinion will not improve at all at Celtic
    He will be doing less of what he is good at and more of what he is bad at ( at his age he isn't going to improve his passing at this stage)

I take your point there. He has been dropped by Celtic and he might not get his place back. I'm hopeful more than confident that he can get back in the team and recover his confidence with his club. He should stick to what he's good at and if it doesn't work out at Celtic, so be it go back to the EPL or the English championship.
    But for Ireland he should still be a part of our defence as we don't have many options, Kenny should realise what players he has a build system to fit them not the other way around,

We don't have ball paying CB's to play his style just like we don't have a front 3 to play his style

Kenny's biggest problem is Kenny himself and his stubbornness to abandon a system and style that we simply can not play ,

Duffy is miles away from Irelands biggest problem and without doubt can be used effectively for us

Agree with this as well. Kenny needs to learn quickly on the job, he needs to modify his ideas to suit the players he has. That doesn't mean hoofball but it also doesn't mean passing it sideways and backways for the sake of it which is just as tedious to look at and totally ineffectual.

Duffy is struggling because of this but Kenny is insisting he continues to try and pass out ,

The poster is saying if Kenny is so adamant then there should be no place for Duffy,
    If Kenny wants Duffy to start then he should change the style / system but he is not budging

I'm not missing what he's saying. Kenny has to be pragmatic. If he's not going to be pragmatic Shane Duffy is the least of his problems. I think Kenny will become pragmatic, he has to it's that simple, otherwise he'll fail.

I take your point there. He has been dropped by Celtic and he might not get his place back. I'm hopeful more than confident that he can get back in the team and recover his confidence with his club. He should stick to what he's good at and if it doesn't work out at Celtic, so be it go back to the EPL or the English championship.

Agree with this as well. Kenny needs to learn quickly on the job, he needs to modify his ideas to suit the players he has. That doesn't mean hoofball but it also doesn't mean passing it sideways and backways for the sake of it which is just as tedious to look at and totally ineffectual.

I agree with you but I think Kenny would rather die on his sword ,
    its clear form day one to many that 4 3 3 won't work for us and it remains that way,
    In the 89 minutes 1-0 down to Wales the camera panned up and we still playing 4 3 3 for me that says it all,
    Anyone else would have thrown 2 up top and tried to salvage a goal but it wasn't for Kenny,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I agree with this. However nothing we have seen from Kenny suggests that he thinks like this. Kenny has his style and he is insistent that we play his way despite us clearly not having the players to do it. It's bad management in my opinion and will cost him his job if he doesn't try to find the balance you're talking about.

I agree with you but I think Kenny would rather die on his sword ,
    its clear form day one to many that 4 3 3 won't work for us and it remains that way,
    In the 89 minutes 1-0 down to Wales the camera panned up and we still playing 4 3 3 for me that says it all,
    Anyone else would have thrown 2 up top and tried to salvage a goal but it wasn't for Kenny,
    I agree with this. However nothing we have seen from Kenny suggests that he thinks like this. Kenny has his style and he is insistent that we play his way despite us clearly not having the players to do it. It's bad management in my opinion and will cost him his job if he doesn't try to find the balance you're talking about.

He will fail if he doesn't modify things and recognise he needs to be pragmatic when needed. The slow passing sideways and backways from the back for the sake of it doesn't work on any level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

To be fair there's a good few posters on this thread who think the solution is bringing in a midfielder from the 37th ranked league in Europe, and one who didn't have the head for top level football at that

To be fair there's a good few posters on this thread who think the solution is bringing in a midfielder from the 37th ranked league in Europe, and one who didn't have the head for top level football at that

There's lots of solutions. Kenny is going to have to display a bit of imagination. Byrne could be a useful player for Ireland in certain games, against a team like Gibraltar or Georgia even as an impact sub. He'll be playing today, cos he hasn't other options and he played well when he came on v Wales for the last few minutes that he got. I'm surprised Kenny hasn't given him more time on the pitch over recent games.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭athlone99

You do realise that by trying to play out form the back Kenny is being Pragmatic? The longer we keep the ball the other team cannot score. In the England game, 3 or 4 times Duffy was put under pressure, hoofed the ball long and England regathered the ball and were back within 20m of our goal within 2 passes.

Duffy is clearly the weak link at the back. Against Wales he ran out with the ball, gave away a pass and then lunged into a tackle and walked back as Wales were in our box. He was our captain on the night, i would have whipped him and dropped him for that effort alone.

• Advertisement

athlone99 wrote: »
    You do realise that by trying to play out form the back Kenny is being Pragmatic? The longer we keep the ball the other team cannot score. In the England game, 3 or 4 times Duffy was put under pressure, hoofed the ball long and England regathered the ball and were back within 20m of our goal within 2 passes.

Duffy is clearly the weak link at the back. Against Wales he ran out with the ball, gave away a pass and then lunged into a tackle and walked back as Wales were in our box. He was our captain on the night, i would have whipped him and dropped him for that effort alone.

See this is the sort of deluded nonsense that passes for comment and it appears the poster in this case might even believe it cos they're so deluded. Since Kenny took over i've seen plenty of players having to hoof it in a panic because the defence was playing the ball out from the back for the sake of it and they ended up going so slow with it that the opposition were able to get a press on. This happened with several players in the defence but you're just going to fixate on Duffy. You think dropping Duffy will fix things, you're utterly deluded.

You can't just hold on to a ball with no direction of what you're going to do with it. Not for 90 minutes. You keep possession for the sake of it when you're ahead near the end of a game but when the game is in play and you have possession you have to use the ball and get it forwards with reasonable pace otherwise the opponent has all the time in the world to set themselves up to nullify anything you try and then they get it back anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

TC with his "must defend anyone associated with Celtic" act yet again...

*yawn*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

At least they're good chance Byrne might start now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Randolph

Christie Duffy Long Manning

Cullen Hourihane Brady

Horgan Collins Curtis

I think hes going to play this tbh, match day numbers might provide an indication. Curtis scores goals at league one level and Manning at LB would offer more in attack and balance on that side than O'Shea(who may play RB)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Citizen:

How to criticise/defend Duffy without slandering Celtic....

athlone99 wrote: »

The only reason Duffy hoofed it against England was because England set up to press everyone not called Duffy and hope the ball then a lands at Duffy's foot knowing he can not make the 20/30 yard pass needed to get out,

Its a tactic as old as time its impossible to press the whole back four but if you concentrate on pressing the good passer , then allow the bad one time and he will more often than not do your job for you , ( Wan Bisska has had this treatment for United this season)

Pragmatic would be knowing our limitations and playing to our strong points ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

*yawn*
    noodler wrote: »
    Citizen:

How to criticise/defend Duffy without slandering Celtic....

Mod: play the ball not the man, if you disagree with what he has posted, by all means put across a retort, do not resort to childish posting like the above. This is a final warning, cards will issue in future

*yawn*

:pac: I see you got a telling off for being juvenile. I was picking up on a poster who said he should be dropped by Ireland, do you think he should be dropped? I think a player should be judged on their performance and he performed fine v Wales.

Now he's been dropped by Celtic and got pelters from Celtic fans btw but that's a different matter to being dropped by Ireland. Why should he be dropped by Ireland if there isn't an obvious better replacement, cos he doesn't fit the system is it? The system that Kenny has been trying doesn't suit most of our players. Kenny's going to need to change things to suit the players he has.

Have we ever had a good Irish player who had their youth career in England, didnt make it, came back to ireland to rejuvenate their career and then made it at a high level agian?

Can think of countless examples of those who didnt go to England young but made it to the Prem via LOI start such as Roy, Coleman, Doyle, Long, Connolly, Mcclean, Doherty, Weso ect...

But struggling to think of many who were sent packing at a young age like Jack Byrne that made it back again. I mean theres probably a good reason they're let go in the first place but it probably also mentally kills a lot of them too.

The only reason Duffy hoofed it against England was because England set up to press everyone not called Duffy and hope the ball then a lands at Duffy's foot knowing he can not make the 20/30 yard pass needed to get out,

Its a tactic as old as time its impossible to press the whole back four but if you concentrate on pressing the good passer , then allow the bad one time and he will more often than not do your job for you , ( Wan Bisska has had this treatment for United this season)

Pragmatic would be knowing our limitations and playing to our strong points ,

This is far too simplistic to just blame Duffy. I've seen several Ireland defenders ending up hoofing it since Stephen Kenny took over because they were too slow playing it out and the opposition ends up closing in on them. A team like England would be closing down any of our players, they wouldn't just be targeting Duffy. Hendrick got caught on his heels very badly twice against Wales, ended up getting sent off because of it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Have we ever had an good Irish player who had their youth career in England, didnt make it, came back to ireland to rejuvenate their career and then made it at a high level agian?

Can think of countless examples of those who didnt go to England young but made it to the Prem via LOI start such as Roy, Coleman, Doyle, Long, Connolly, Mcclean, Doherty, Weso ect...

But struggling to think of many who were sent packing at a young age like Jack Byrne that made it back again. I mean theres probably a good reason they're let go in the first place but it probably also mentally kills a lot of them too.
    Keith Fahey

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Keith Fahey

Yeah probably taking liberties with "good" but decent shout.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I did miss that part haha. Yeah didn't do a massive amount for Ireland, but had a stellar career with Birmingham when he went back over.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

GLaDOS wrote: »
    I did miss that part haha. Yeah didn't do a massive amount for Ireland, but had a stellar career with Birmingham when he went back over.

His winner in Armenia was priceless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Trigger wrote: »
    Mod: play the ball not the man, if you disagree with what he has posted, by all means put across a retort, do not resort to childish posting like the above. This is a final warning, cards will issue in future

Sure. Warning noted. But would also point out the number of thanks the post I made received. It is clear there are people coming in with agendas like that and not contributing to a proper discussion because of those agendas. Mods should be clamping down on that rather than on people pointing it out when it's not addressed by mods.

Sure. Warning noted. But would also point out the number of thanks the post I made received. It is clear there are people coming in with agendas like that and not contributing to a proper discussion because of those agendas. Mods should be clamping down on that rather than on people pointing it out when it's not addressed by mods.

What agenda are you talking about? Are you taking about me here? As it happens Duffy has been dropped by Celtic but I havent seen him doing anything obvious that he should be dropped by Ireland, certainly not in the last game v Wales. He had a poor game v England, who didn’t?

I don’t see your point here about “agendas”?

The number of “Thanks” a post gets on here is immaterial. Plenty of people on here with an axe to grind yourself included re players like McClean for example

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mod: First please do not respond further to TheCitizen today.

Second, the mods of the forum are listed, no other user (bar ADMINS) has moderation rights in the forum. As such we generally view interference in moderation as a breach of rules. If you have an issue with a post in this forum, the correct procedure is to use the report post function on the left of the post. This is a boards-wide policy.

Making points about moderation of the forum does not help the thread. PMs should be used if posters want to comment on this note or a poster has a matter they wish to raise with the mods. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Really hope Byrne starts tonight . I don’t think he will though , I think Kenny has made it clear already that he won’t really consider him while he’s still at rovers judging on game time he has got already .

I know some think it’s a stupid thing to say because he plays for rovers but I honestly think he is our most talented and creative midfielder and I fully expect that to just be a given in 12/18 months time when he’s playing at a higher level

He’s not just another loi player , he’s arguably the best player to ever play in the league and is clearly too good for it , he has already done well in the Dutch league and can play at a higher level

tastyt wrote: »
    Really hope Byrne starts tonight . I don’t think he will though , I think Kenny has made it clear already that he won’t really consider him while he’s still at rovers judging on game time he has got already .

I know some think it’s a stupid thing to say because he plays for rovers but I honestly think he is our most talented and creative midfielder and I fully expect that to just be a given in 12/18 months time when he’s playing at a higher level

He’s not just another loi player , he’s arguably the best player to ever play in the league and is clearly too good for it , he has already done well in the Dutch league and can play at a higher level

That begs the question why hasn't he ben picked up then ?

Surely he would be a no brainier for even a lower end of the championship team ?

Is there a reason he is not in England ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement