Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Decent week for my teams. Just outside the top 10k now with both of them.

I broght in PVA for my 1st team and no Palace/New for my 2nd team. Not sure if it's wrth getting PVA in as captain for the 2nd team now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

thunderdog wrote: »
    Zaha testing positive has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works. Not sure if it was worth a transfer out to PVA

I was going along nicely this week until the Zaha news. Maybe quiet a few were hit by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Decent week for my teams. Just outside the top 10k now with both of them.

I broght in PVA for my 1st team and no Palace/New for my 2nd team. Not sure if it's wrth getting PVA in as captain for the 2nd team now.
    In a similar situation rank wise with my teams. 32 transfers left in each. Going without for the Palace-Newcastle game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

1.3k and 12.1k, 7 transfers made. Hoping the fixtures for the next 2 weeks after the upcoming one come up before the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

What are Lamptey owners doing with him? Just ride out 1 missed week or transferring out?

I’m sort of looking at from the point of view that he was probably only going to get 1 or 2 points against Liverpool anyway so taking the 0 points is not too bad

• Advertisement

It's absolutely absurd we don't have updated fixtures for 10 days from now.

manual_man wrote: »
    It's absolutely absurd we don't have updated fixtures for 10 days from now.

Yea it's definitely a leveler. You really have to balance your squad by not stacking more than 2 players from 1 team to make sure you have the best chance of having captains every day.

My best few weeks from last season was when I stacked my team with 6 or 7 Liverpool players, I definitely can't do that tactic this season.

Yea it's definitely a leveler. You really have to balance your squad by not stacking more than 2 players from 1 team to make sure you have the best chance of having captains every day.

My best few weeks from last season was when I stacked my team with 6 or 7 Liverpool players, I definitely can't do that tactic this season.

Yeah i remember that. I think i had at least 5 myself. Made some nice ground. This season is a bit of a headwrecker but i guess it presents a different challenge. Although in the new year there's good odds fans will be back in stadiums and there won't be as many captain days to contend with.

Yeah i remember that. I think i had at least 5 myself. Made some nice ground. This season is a bit of a headwrecker but i guess it presents a different challenge. Although in the new year there's good odds fans will be back in stadiums and there won't be as many captain days to contend with.

Yea you have to adapt, in some ways it makes it easier as there shouldn't be too many captain blanks unless you are very unlucky. I think this Friday was my first blank for both my teams.

Fixtures will be dropped on Friday probably. Very little time to plan then in terms of getting players in this GW (City players especially) and trying to have a nice balanced squad for future GW's. Same boat for everybody though.

• Advertisement

The other reason you aren't stacking your team with players from one team is that there is no consistency with any of the teams due to injuries and Covid. Much prefer the season the way it is at the moment.

Revised fixtures released https://www.premierleague.com/news/1905124

Leeds vs Newcastle is the only fixture there that I'm blanking in. A simple Foden to Bamford transfer probably.

Leeds vs Newcastle is the only fixture there that I'm blanking in. A simple Foden to Bamford transfer probably.
    Did you mean Leeds Vs West Ham?

Did you mean Leeds Vs West Ham?

yea that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Haven’t got any City in my team yet so will start off this week with Zaha to Dias

These updated fixtures are a bit more generous in terms of not needing as many teams to cover captain days

These updated fixtures are a bit more generous in terms of not needing as many teams to cover captain days

I think most people will be covered by the fixtures, gives us a chance to cover any rotation over Christmas and not have to worry about covering potential captains when ideally you wouldn't want the player for long term.

claw wrote: »
    I think most people will be covered by the fixtures, gives us a chance to cover any rotation over Christmas and not have to worry about covering potential captains when ideally you wouldn't want the player for long term.
    I'm gonna punt on 3-4 City in each team I think. Fixtures are too tempting and can still cover almost all captain days. Worked out plans to get them in over the next few gameweeks. And I'll still have Antonio! :pac: he's a bit of a differential now after most moved him on - I'm hopeful he can score pretty well.

I'm gonna punt on 3-4 City in each team I think. Fixtures are too tempting and can still cover almost all captain days. Worked out plans to get them in over the next few gameweeks. And I'll still have Antonio! :pac: he's a bit of a differential now after most moved him on - I'm hopeful he can score pretty well.

Really like Antonio. Did well last season for me. Great price. Am looking at City players to get in but apart from KDB it's a bit punty at the moment. More value in their defence with the fixtures.

• Advertisement

Phew. Dodged a bullet there with no one playing tonight. A very few will have had Wilson but PVA was the one I was worried about. He had a great chance to score at 0-0 and then a few minutes later it's 2-0 to Newcastle!!

Phew. Dodged a bullet there with no one playing tonight. A very few will have had Wilson but PVA was the one I was worried about. He had a great chance to score at 0-0 and then a few minutes later it's 2-0 to Newcastle!!

PVA only got 3 points so no harm done. Have had Darlow in my second team all season so that was welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SJIII

Got to love the choices this game throws up.

Have the money & formation structure as currently on a 5-3-2 to do PVA (could have had a haul last night!) to anyone I like. Thinking of going to Dias for now given his propensity for bonus and upcoming fixtures but the ability to go across positions really adds to the choice and gets you thinking...

Pep said Dias will play every game yesterday, I can't remember him ever helping us out with such useful information before. Anyway he's a no brainer pick now, I'd say he will be in everyone's teams.

Pep said Dias will play every game yesterday, I can't remember him ever helping us out with such useful information before. Anyway he's a no brainer pick now, I'd say he will be in everyone's teams.

I agree, chipping in with passing points every match. Added to the potential clean sheets over the next while and maybe the odd goal too.

I didn't take his words as that - but rather that players who are playing so well (like Dias) are much less likely to suffer rotation. I reckon he'll be given a rest at some stage - probably against one of the easier teams - but otherwise he should be a lock.

I didn't take his words as that - but rather that players who are playing so well (like Dias) are much less likely to suffer rotation. I reckon he'll be given a rest at some stage - probably against one of the easier teams - but otherwise he should be a lock.

I can't remember the words but hopefully he will be rested for 1 game max.

9k(31) and 7k(30). Pretty good going. 3 to play in each tomorrow.

1.5k and 7.1k after the weekend, 9 transfers each. 2nd team isn't covered for Brighton vs Southampton so will have to have a think about that.

• Advertisement

claw wrote: »
    1.5k and 7.1k after the weekend, 9 transfers each. 2nd team isn't covered for Brighton vs Southampton so will have to have a think about that.
    Good weekend for you so. I'm 11.3k(31) and 6.7k(30). No one in Brighton-Southampton in 2nd team. There's rumblings the Villa-Newcastle game could be off due to covid problems. Was glad to see Antonio start yesterday then he gets hooked at half time :pac: Not sure what to do with him now, I think I'll give him the next 2 games then probably shift him on if he's not up to much. Some good fixtures after that though.

Advertisement