Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

claw wrote: »
    Same idea here, not sure I want to put their goalie in to be honest. Palace were pretty poor last night without Zaha so can't see me putting in any of their players for that match. Already made a few transfers just so I didn't have to look at my team any more! Man City all over the place but it won't stay like that.
    Yeah I can't see myself going more than 3 City. In great form obviously but fixture schedule is looking crazy for them for probably the rest of the season, and upcoming fixtures are more difficult than they've had of late. I reckon they'll have the league wrapped up with around 5 games to spare so that may be a good time to jump off their assets, especially if they're still in the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I like Brighton lately, they look really solid. The new keeper is good too.

I wouldn't be looking to change the team in February if possible to hang onto transfers so that is what is stopping me putting their keeper in. I would have Martinez and Ederson ahead of him. Goalie will be a difficult decision for me I think.

I wouldn't be looking to change the team in February if possible to hang onto transfers so that is what is stopping me putting their keeper in. I would have Martinez and Ederson ahead of him. Goalie will be a difficult decision for me I think.
    Yeah I have Martinez in one team Ederson in the other as is

manual_man wrote: »
    True but their fixtures do turn very bad at a certain point

They do but they have a very kind set of fixtures until April. And 2 games in hand on most teams. Getting a happy balance between City, Villa and multiple gamedays is the key going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I wouldn't put him in either as Martinez has been gold, I meant he improves the likes of Dunk and the other defenders.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

That is a lot of transfers left for the top 10. If even a couple of them have only a few transfers left, it means the rest have a lot more than 11/12. The guy in 3rd has jumped up from 276th to 3rd since gameweek 17. Guy in 13th was 842nd in gameweek 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think it shows there's a lot more skill than luck in the game relative to fpl.

Think i'll end up going with this:

Martinez
    Dunk Stones Dias Dallas
    Antonio Gundogan Bruno
    Salah Kane Sterling

Pretty happy with how that looks, the one that's bugging me is Grealish but i guess you can't have them all - have Martinez in any case if Villa captaincy is required. A differential captain early on i'll be going with Sterling vs Spurs. I think i'm pretty set for captains going forward - just missing Everton but i'll probably get a player in ahead of their game vs Southampton. Lewis Dunk has survived. In fairness he's averaged nearly 8 PPG over the last 11 games including some tough fixtures so maybe he's not that crazy a pick after all. He covers an early captaincy and possibly 1-2 more in the medium term according to transfer planning guru Ian Parrin. Otherwise a lot of expected picks in there. Dallas my Leeds pick he's a bit of a legend. But in fairness i think any of Dallas/Raphinha/Bamford is a good pick. At 6.4 he can be moved on for the likes of Vestergaard or Justin if needs be. It's actually a good price point for defenders in that sense. No Chelsea starting out though i expect i'll get someone in a little down the line (Azpi probably). Newcastle(H) is nice starting out but they have a few more difficult games after that and they also have 2 tough CL games to play vs Atleti. Also Silva is injured so they may not be as defensively solid at least in the short term. Anyway good luck to all - the overhaul is always fun and now we get to see how things go from here. I'm in 620th position with 15 transfers remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Martinez
    Dunk Stones Dias Dallas
    Antonio Gundogan Bruno
    Salah Kane Sterling

So Sky class an actual striker in Antonio as a midfielder and classic wingers in Salah and Sterling as forwards.

giphy.gif

Martinez
    Dunk Stones Dias Dallas
    Antonio Gundogan Bruno
    Salah Kane Sterling

Pretty happy with how that looks, the one that's bugging me is Grealish but i guess you can't have them all - have Martinez in any case if Villa captaincy is required. A differential captain early on i'll be going with Sterling vs Spurs. I think i'm pretty set for captains going forward - just missing Everton but i'll probably get a player in ahead of their game vs Southampton. Lewis Dunk has survived. In fairness he's averaged nearly 8 PPG over the last 11 games including some tough fixtures so maybe he's not that crazy a pick after all. He covers an early captaincy and possibly 1-2 more in the medium term according to transfer planning guru Ian Parrin. Otherwise a lot of expected picks in there. Dallas my Leeds pick he's a bit of a legend. But in fairness i think any of Dallas/Raphinha/Bamford is a good pick. At 6.4 he can be moved on for the likes of Vestergaard or Justin if needs be. It's actually a good price point for defenders in that sense. No Chelsea starting out though i expect i'll get someone in a little down the line (Azpi probably). Newcastle(H) is nice starting out but they have a few more difficult games after that and they also have 2 tough CL games to play vs Atleti. Also Silva is injured so they may not be as defensively solid at least in the short term. Anyway good luck to all - the overhaul is always fun and now we get to see how things go from here. I'm in 620th position with 15 transfers remaining.

Nice team, are you not covering Everton-Southampton or are you leaving that till nearer the time. I am waiting to see if we get definite confirmation of extra matches in gameweek 26 before I do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Martinez
    Dunk Stones Dias Dallas
    Antonio Gundogan Bruno
    Salah Kane Sterling

Looks good, I’ll get my own team up in a bit. One slight concern for me is Antonio-he is looking a bit knackered at the moment and after the Sheffield United game he has tough fixtures. I’m leaning towards Jorginho at that price point instead. Should be solid enough for some passing bonus and hopefully the odd goal here and there. Decent captain option for the first Monday game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

thunderdog wrote: »
    Looks good, I’ll get my own team up in a bit. One slight concern for me is Antonio-he is looking a bit knackered at the moment and after the Sheffield United game he has tough fixtures. I’m leaning towards Jorginho at that price point instead. Should be solid enough for some passing bonus and hopefully the odd goal here and there. Decent captain option for the first Monday game.

Yeah I've Jorginho in instead of Antonio too at the moment. Slight worry that he might be rotated when European fixtures start again.

My current effort

Pope
    Dias Dallas Cancelo
    Gundogan Jorginho Bruno Raphinha
    Kane Salah Sterling

GK-like most I’ve had Martinez for the first half of the season who has done a great job so I’m reluctant to move him on, but I plan to start of the post overhaul by getting the extra games from Pope before moving him onto Sanchez for the Brighton single game day. Also the plan is to captain Pope for this week in both games.

Defs-happy with the 3 at the back. Dallas can become another cheap option later in the season. Dias will probably by a season keeper bar an injury/rotation. Somewhat unsure on Cancelo, given a possible increase in rotation given Man Citys packed fixture list.

Mids-Jorginho. I mentioned in a previous post that i prefer him to Antonio for the Monday night game. Should be good for passing bonus. I like Raphinha as a cheaper option to Bamford-i think more managers will go down the Bamford route so Raphinha could be a captain differential for the Leeds games. For Bruno I will most likely captain him for the rest of the season for any days that united play. Gundogan doing the job at the moment. Happy to move on if form dips though.

Fwds-Kane (like Bruno and Dias) will also likely be a season keeper if his ankles hold up. Salah, despite a dip in form, should still be a decent enough option for most of the season. The only thing with Salah is I’m not sure, looking at the fixtures, how often I would captain him. So he’s another I’d be happy to move on at some point. I had DCL as my third forward but given his injury I think Sterling is a great option. Could also become KDB later down the line if KDB comes back firing.

I don’t have any Villa at the moment, but later on Gundogan/Jorginho could become Grealish, Dallas could go to Konsa or get Martinez back in.

I’m ranked about 1k with 23 transfers left so happy to attack the start of the post overhaul with a pencilled in GK transfer (Pope to Sanchez) and get one of DCL (if fit) or Ward Prowse in for the Everton-Southampton single match day.

My current effort

Pope
    Dias Dallas Cancelo
    Gundogan Jorginho Bruno Raphinha
    Kane Salah Sterling

GK-like most I’ve had Martinez for the first half of the season who has done a great job so I’m reluctant to move him on, but I plan to start of the post overhaul by getting the extra games from Pope before moving him onto Sanchez for the Brighton single game day. Also the plan is to captain Pope for this week in both games.

Defs-happy with the 3 at the back. Dallas can become another cheap option later in the season. Dias will probably by a season keeper bar an injury/rotation. Somewhat unsure on Cancelo, given a possible increase in rotation given Man Citys packed fixture list.

Mids-Jorginho. I mentioned in a previous post that i prefer him to Antonio for the Monday night game. Should be good for passing bonus. I like Raphinha as a cheaper option to Bamford-i think more managers will go down the Bamford route so Raphinha could be a captain differential for the Leeds games. For Bruno I will most likely captain him for the rest of the season for any days that united play. Gundogan doing the job at the moment. Happy to move on if form dips though.

Fwds-Kane (like Bruno and Dias) will also likely be a season keeper if his ankles hold up. Salah, despite a dip in form, should still be a decent enough option for most of the season. The only thing with Salah is I’m not sure, looking at the fixtures, how often I would captain him. So he’s another I’d be happy to move on at some point. I had DCL as my third forward but given his injury I think Sterling is a great option. Could also become KDB later down the line if KDB comes back firing.

I don’t have any Villa at the moment, but later on Gundogan/Jorginho could become Grealish, Dallas could go to Konsa or get Martinez back in.

I’m ranked about 1k with 23 transfers left so happy to attack the start of the post overhaul with a pencilled in GK transfer (Pope to Sanchez) and get one of DCL (if fit) or Ward Prowse in for the Everton-Southampton single match day.

With the transfers that you have left I agree that you should attack the fixtures. Get as many players as you can playing in good fixtures now. Villa aren't playing in their doubles yet (although this could change when they announce the rearranged cup matches) so you should be safe enough without them. For example, even if you used 5 transfers moving players in for doubles later on you would still have 18 which is plenty going forward. Most if nearly all the top 100 have 18 or less.

https://fantasyfootball.skysports.com/public-team/24551

Team in 2nd has just been made public. What is happening here :pac:

West Ham only have one game a week though. No cup distractions. Should be able to manage his fitness. Importantly he covers some captain options. A nice one against Sheff Utd off the bat, as well as another possible nice one at home to Leeds, as well as at home to Arsenal for the skinny gw. He gives good coverage as much as anything else. Soucek another good shout for 0.7 less.

Thinking of going without Kane for the next couple of weeks until Spurs play Burnley. Not sure why I would have him tomorrow if I am hoping for a City clean sheet. Wouldn't captain him away to West Ham.

Just looking at that Everton-Southampton match, surely that means then that there is a match on the Thursday that week involving one or both of those teams.

• Advertisement

Finally worked out my plan for the next month. Plan on making a few transfers during the month to try and maximise the fixtures. Just a pity we didn't have the Gameweek 26 full schedule before we did our teams.

Ended up with:

Pope
    Cancelo Dias Vestegaard
    Gundogan Raphinha Jorginho Bruno
    Kane Sterling Watkins

Bruno 99.2% ownership, don't think I've ever seen a figure that high. I'm guessing the 0.08% are inactive teams!

Ended up with:

Pope
    Cancelo Dias Vestegaard
    Gundogan Raphinha Jorginho Bruno
    Kane Sterling Watkins

Bruno 99.2% ownership, don't think I've ever seen a figure that high. I'm guessing the 0.08% are inactive teams!

I have 6 of your players. I have 6 City. Was hoping everyone had forgotten about my man Vestergaard but obviously not!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Captained Salah today, it’s something I guess.

Captained Salah today, it’s something I guess.

Solid start. I went for Sterling instead of him as a differential but captained Gundo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Salah and vardy in the one team this morning, gundog (c) later on.

Salah in my other team, sterling (c) but no spurs over.

I’ve gone all in on captain Pope in both teams. Not that enjoyable waiting for a clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Salah and vardy in the one team this morning, gundog (c) later on.

Well that went well.

*sexy dance*

My first time ever having a multi City defence. It went well :)

• Advertisement

I’ve gone all in on captain Pope in both teams. Not that enjoyable waiting for a clean sheet

Ha despite a decent return from Pope I’ll go Gundogan for the next game if he is fit. Much more enjoyable captain to have

Advertisement