Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

manual_man wrote: »
    428th hopefully I can kick on from here and make top 100 and beat my best finish last season of 108th

Hopefully we can both get there. Big week of matches coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

By doing a last minute Sterling to KDB transfer i priced myself out of a Raphinha to Barnes move-got lucky there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone get Barnes in? Unlucky for those who did

Anyone get Barnes in? Unlucky for those who did

I did. Fairly easy transfer to get a Villa or Everton player now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

No Jorginho again. Easy move to DCL for tomorrow night now.

• Advertisement

Didn't have enough money for DCL so put in Digne. Finally a transfer that got me more than 2 points!

claw wrote: »
    Didn't have enough money for DCL so put in Digne. Finally a transfer that got me more than 2 points!

Ha wish I didn't have the funds! In hindsight, Ricky was a good punt to go for too.

Ha wish I didn't have the funds! In hindsight, Ricky was a good punt to go for too.

Needed that after Barnes yesterday. Going to hang onto him till they play that Villa back match.

Hardly any change in transfers left from last week in the top 10. Average of 2 transfers used in the last week in the top 100 outside of the top 10.

• Advertisement

13 average for the top 10 is pretty mental. Could mean a few teams with close to 20 left.

13 average for the top 10 is pretty mental. Could mean a few teams with close to 20 left.

The standard is way higher this season I think than it has been before. And I am having my best season this year. Not sure how people can have nearly 20 transfers left!

Have a dilemma over getting rid of maybe a City defender or Ederson for Villa coverage. Not sure should I wait till past City's match with Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

The standard is way higher this season I think than it has been before. And I am having my best season this year. Not sure how people can have nearly 20 transfers left!

I think it's just down to the growing coverage on twitter and the podcasts. Donegal1234 could be his own worst enemy if he's pipped to the post by one of these new kids.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think it's just down to the growing coverage on twitter and the podcasts. Donegal1234 could be his own worst enemy if he's pipped to the post by one of these new kids.

I think the leaderboard is very static at the moment so I think the money winners are coming from that top 10. Everybody seems to be doing the same thing.

Got Martinez in for Sanchez. I should have held onto Martinez at the overhaul rather than using two gk transfers (Pope, Sanchez)

thunderdog wrote: »
    Got Martinez in for Sanchez.

Had planned on doing this transfer but got distracted with work dammit

Yeah, similar I almost missed it with work, got in the transfer with 1 min to spare. I think I need to start setting alarms for these

You didn’t miss out on too many points in the end

You didn’t miss out on too many points in the end

Yeah very surprised at that result. Saw a stat the other night that Villa have the most away clean sheets in the top 5 European leagues.

• Advertisement

Yeah very surprised at that result. Saw a stat the other night that Villa have the most away clean sheets in the top 5 European leagues.

I did Martinez for Ederson. Probably should have waited till after next Tuesday.

I guess the captaincy choices today will mix things up a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Had Kane in both teams but still picked Gundog and Salah.

Had Kane in both teams but still picked Gundog and Salah.

I picked Kane in both of mine. Wasn't convinced City would keep a clean sheet even though United haven't been scoring goals. Thinking of offloading a couple of City defenders going forward. Not sure what to do with Salah past the Wolves match.

I think I’ll get started on shipping out some City players. Looking at Cancelo to Azpilicueta tonight.

Azpilicueta averaging over 9 points a game over his last 8 games

I think I’ll get started on shipping out some City players. Looking at Cancelo to Azpilicueta tonight.

Azpilicueta averaging over 9 points a game over his last 8 games
    Yeah Azpi is a beast. I'll be getting him in for Dunk as soon as Brighton vs Newcastle is out of the way. Be interesting to see if Christensen keeps his place. Been getting rave reviews and he's only 7.6m. I took the captaincy off Kane yesterday and switched it to Dias. Boy was i punished. Antonio captain today - could really do with him scoring a couple - low relative ownership.

Yeah Azpi is a beast. I'll be getting him in for Dunk as soon as Brighton vs Newcastle is out of the way. Be interesting to see if Christensen keeps his place. Been getting rave reviews and he's only 7.6m. I took the captaincy off Kane yesterday and switched it to Dias. Boy was i punished. Antonio captain today - could really do with him scoring a couple - low relative ownership.

Just listened to the FF hub sky podcast there and it sounds like Donegal1234 also had the captaincy on Dias so you’re in good company there! That’s a tough one to take

Yeah if Christensen starts tonight I might be tempted to also do Ward Prowse to Christensen as well

In terms of Salah, I’m eying up a move to Antonio at some point (unless of course Salah gets a few goals in the meantime!)

I never even considered anyone but Kane to be honest. United have a good record at the Ethiad, there was always a chance something might happen. United are very unpredictable. Wouldn't surprise me if Antonio scored against them this weekend.

I never even considered anyone but Kane to be honest. United have a good record at the Ethiad, there was always a chance something might happen. United are very unpredictable. Wouldn't surprise me if Antonio scored against them this weekend.
    There was an argument for Dias. United hadn't scored in 3 games, and had been pretty awful in games vs top 6 this season. Kane on the other hand wasn't in great form, had a pretty poor record vs Palace, and Palace went into to the game on the back of back-to-back clean sheets. The punishment for going Dias over Kane was severe, and not really expected when taking all things into consideration. It is what it is though. I'm not trying to say that Kane was a bad choice - he's always capable of a big return - just that there was a legitimate argument for going with Dias over him. Over the course of a season you really need to find yourself on the right side of a significant number of these decisions to really go up in the rankings. I've probably been 50-50 with such decisions which has been a disappointment. Still comfortably inside the top 1k but top 100 will be difficult now. Could certainly do with some attacking returns from big man Antonio tonight.

• Advertisement

There was an argument for Dias. United hadn't scored in 3 games, and had been pretty awful in games vs top 6 this season. Kane on the other hand wasn't in great form, had a pretty poor record vs Palace, and Palace went into to the game on the back of back-to-back clean sheets. The punishment for going Dias over Kane was severe, and not really expected when taking all things into consideration. It is what it is though. I'm not trying to say that Kane was a bad choice - he's always capable of a big return - just that there was a legitimate argument for going with Dias over him. Over the course of a season you really need to find yourself on the right side of a significant number of these decisions to really go up in the rankings. I've probably been 50-50 with such decisions which has been a disappointment. Still comfortably inside the top 1k but top 100 will be difficult now. Could certainly do with some attacking returns from big man Antonio tonight.

I took out Antonio after putting him in my overhaul team so I might put him back in for tonight. I am not looking at covering the captaincy days so much as having form players in my team with decent fixtures. Have to do something to move up the rankings! Have had a very good week to be fair, 100 points so far.

Advertisement