Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to return to amazon from Ireland?

Options
  • 20-08-2020 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Need to return some purchases, started the process online. Amazon gave me a QR code for the returns which I presumed could be read in post office to generate a label, but the lady had never seen it before. So all I have is a QR label that nobody knows what to do with.

There's no address to return to as far as I can see anywhere on email or on my account. Mentions bringing QR code to royal mail but that's British instructions. How the hell do I get the stuff returned?

Ordered through parcel motel address but afraid to drop anything in there with just a QR code if they can't read it either. Their website instructions are pretty vague.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wench

Can you read the QR code yourself?
    There are apps that will get the text from it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭banie01

You had the items delivered to parcel motel, so it's a UK return process.
    If you want to return from Ireland, you need to pay the postage unfortunately.

Amazon offered free return postage to their point of delivery, that you (we) used a forwarder means that for PM items postage from ROI isn't covered.

One used to be able to get an Irish label issued by asking webchat, but they've tightened that process up hugely and now the majority of UK returns are to Scotland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

banie01 wrote: »
    You had the items delivered to parcel motel, so it's a UK return process.
    If you want to return from Ireland, you need to pay the postage unfortunately.

Amazon offered free return postage to their point of delivery, that you (we) used a forwarder means that for PM items postage from ROI isn't covered.

One used to be able to get an Irish label issued by asking webchat, but they've tightened that process up hugely and now the majority of UK returns are to Scotland.

Yeah I've no problem paying return postage but just don't know how to send!

wench wrote: »
    Can you read the QR code yourself?
    There are apps that will get the text from it for you.

Yes, it recognises it as an amazon returns label but nothing I think a postman or delivery service could use

I've figured it out, had to cancel the refunds process and start again, there's an option to print a standard address label which is fine. Case closed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I've ordered stuff to parcel motel through amazon and never had a problem sending it back.

Last thing I sent back was a faulty micro SD card a few weeks ago.

When I logged in it gave me an option to print off a pre-paid return docket for Ireland through AnPost even though it was a UK purchase.

It's in there somewhere to change the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Print the label from Amazon. (Make sure you have selected the “return from UK address”). It will show Hermes , Antrim as collection point
    Sellotape label to one side of the package.
    Log in to Parcel Motel and select Returns. Select Hermes as the retailer..Amazon use Hermes in Antrim for packages coming to Ireland. Then you can print a label from Parcel Motel.
    Sellotape this to the other side of your package.
    Go to your local Parcel Motel point. Select returns.
    Scan the barcode on the Parcel Motel label. (Scanner located below keyboard).
    A slot will open and you place your package inside and lock the door ...done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I selected Royal Mail and they sent me a label - Amazon does not appear on the list of retailers to return to on the Parcel Motel site. However, Royal Mail is there in the returns list - can I select that in the hope that when Royal Mail gets it they will forward it to Amazon in Scotland as that is also on the label I printed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Danick wrote: »
    I selected Royal Mail and they sent me a label - Amazon does not appear on the list of retailers to return to on the Parcel Motel site. However, Royal Mail is there in the returns list - can I select that in the hope that when Royal Mail gets it they will forward it to Amazon in Scotland as that is also on the label I printed off?

As the person before you posted, select HERMES as the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

nibtrix wrote: »
    As the person before you posted, select HERMES as the retailer.

Thanks - in case anyone ever selects 'Royal Mail' it worked - I printed the label dropped it to parcel motel and my refund is on the way back. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement