Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm faults post power cut

Options
  • 20-08-2020 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

My HKC Quantum alarm has gone a bit mad since the power went out last night.

I’m getting the following errors:

1 Rf coms fault
    2. SB SABB
    3. Rf low battery

I also noticed that the siren outside the LED light is constant on and not flashing like normal.

I believe that the sb error relates to the siren battery but it’s mains powered with a battery backup that I’ve had trouble with before.

It seems odd that the battery would be low all of sudden after the power cut.

Any advice would be great TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is the correct type battery fitted in your external siren ?

It should be an individual type battery as opposed to the battery pack that comes with the wireless box.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

kub wrote: »
    Is the correct type battery fitted in your external siren ?

It should be an individual type battery as opposed to the battery pack that comes with the wireless box.

Should be, it was installed by security company, i have rang them so hopefully they will get out to me and sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Kagawa wrote: »
    Should be, it was installed by security company, i have rang them so hopefully they will get out to me and sort it.

It is an interesting one.

Advertisement