Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super cheap alcohol..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The naked greed of publicans is now exposed for everyone to see.

They don't care about society, or their customers, or anything else except filling their tills.

Shame on them.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭rodders999

Listening to this debate on Newstalk about pubs being safe environments to drink.

No-one ever got mugged between their sofa and their bed.

You’ve never met my wife.

rodders999 wrote: »
    You’ve never met my wife.

Is she called Cassandra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes. and we're still wrong :)

I don't see the need for units at all, they should have just said you can drink 170ml of pure alcohol per week or whatever. If people can manage working out 2500kcal per day they should not fear an extra zero being put on their alcohol.

It'd be like saying "a standard snack is 353kcal, and you can have 7 snacks a day" and leave you doing the needless conversion.

We are dealing with liquids so should measure in volume not grams.

It was supposed to be easy, a half pint of beer being a standard drink, but it could vary from 3-9% or more so just use the real figures.

Advertisement