Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

One thing the guest list proves anyway is that despite the millions spent on advertising and posters highlighting the supposed ideological and party differences during election season, the reality is it's all just one big club for the lot of them and their hangers on really.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Phil Hogan and Sean O'Rourke also at the function

I get the sense the pressure will be "turned up" on the slimeball. Nasty piece of work getting overdue comeuppance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Phil Hogan and Sean O'Rourke also at the function

RTE's own fair and balanced presenter (ex presenter)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    One thing the guest list proves anyway is that despite the millions spent on advertising and posters highlighting the supposed ideological and party differences during election season, the reality is it's all just one big club for the lot of them and their hangers on really.

One law for them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think Dara Calleary's face matches his personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

And what did Cowen do again in comparison to Calleary, v little?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

AllForIt wrote: »
    I think Dara Calleary's face matches his personality.

I always thought he looks like the dad from American pie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Every single one of those clowns who is in a position of any influence should have their resignation letters on whatever desk it needs to be on by the morning.

What a clusterfcuk - SF are going to have a bloody field day with this, and it's all we'll be hearing about for at least the next week.

How braindead can a group of apparently intelligent people be?

I get the sense the pressure will be "turned up" on the slimeball. Nasty piece of work getting overdue comeuppance.

Nah. You're right, but it won't happen. He managed to slide out of threatening to cut people's water supply off into a cushy number in Europe and then into an even nicer one a while back.

He'll be off back to Europe chuckling about the eejits back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I wonder will they let Sarah Mcinerney rip into him on her last day lol

She has feck all to lose.
    It's not as if Claire Byrne will be asking the hard questions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

gmisk wrote: »
    Looks like it!
    https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1296557560787546114?s=19

Is that really an essential journey for Phil Hogan ffs!

From Brussels all the way to a piss up in storm drenched West Connemara in the midst of a Pandemic.

WTF am I missing here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I think the comparisons with funeral restrictions is what will be the biggest hammer on this particular head.
    That hits really bad, actually hurtful to a helluva lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again ; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

bryaj wrote: »
    I think Cowen would have held on if he had come clean right away tbh..but things came out in dribs and drabs and it didn't really all add up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Every single one of those clowns who is in a position of any influence should have their resignation letters on whatever desk it needs to be on by the morning.

What a clusterfcuk - SF are going to have a bloody field day with this, and it's all we'll be hearing about for at least the next week.

How braindead can a group of apparently intelligent people be?

Isn't it such a pity SF went completely MIA since they won a heap of seats.

Great opportunity for them to step up but I don't think they really want it.

isup wrote: »
    One law for them

Absolutely.. And the worst thing is we pay for most of this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Like I said, Cummings moment. I live in Dublin and all my family and friends live in Kildare. They are all raging at the double standards. Further restrictions will go to **** if he's not sacked tomorrow.

Ye its hard to see how they discriminate against Kildare and leave him in his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

Berlin 2 Clifden 81
    They all have to go. I thought Dominic Cummings took the p*** in England,but this was rubbing all our faces in it. Does MM have any cojones? We're about to find out.
    It's cross party and independents too. Lock down 3 counties but let's all meet up in the West, just not a tent at the Galway Races.

Isn't it such a pity SF went completely MIA since they won a heap of seats.

Great opportunity for them to step up but I don't think they really want it.
    I think they are probably happy enough to sit on the sidelines while the rest of them make an absolute hames of things.
    Leo Varadkar seems to be doing something similar to a lesser degree.... probably a good choice not appearing at that last press conference in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Wow! Just Wow!! :eek:

Wonder what Maria Bailey thinks about this? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Nah. You're right, but it won't happen. He managed to slide out of threatening to cut people's water supply off into a cushy number in Europe and then into an even nicer one a while back.

He'll be off back to Europe chuckling about the eejits back here.

He wants Europe to take control of our tax affairs in exchange for Covid bailout money

A Treacherous thug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

bryaj wrote: »

Be some laugh if meehole gave Barry the job again. Could he?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

Sure did n they have it on good advice from some guy in
    bord failte that if they had less than 50 in one room and less than 50 in the other that they were all right,
    I suppose the lads from the west said that Michael would not forget them again for a while.

Be some laugh if meehole gave Barry the job again. Could he?
    So make a u-turn?....ironic....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The utter contempt some of these TDs have against the people who voted for them is disgusting.
    I attended my aunt’s funeral in April, with 10 of us there and it was livestreamed on Facebook.
    Never realised we could book an entire venue and have her closest friends attending.
    Serious kick in the b*lls for regular people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Jizique

Nigel Farage and all the Brexiteers will be delighted all right

MM apparently not a happy man tonight
    Mr Calleary is understood to have spoken to Taoiseach Micheál Martin and apologised, and also to Green deputy leader Catherine Martin. Mr Calleary also contacted Tánaiste Leo Varadkar and the acting chief medical officer Ronan Glynn to express his regret.

But Government Buildings sources declined to offer any view on whether Mr Calleary would continue as a member of the Cabinet, and one source said that the Taoiseach was “furious” with Mr Calleary.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/minister-apologises-for-attending-indoor-event-with-over-80-people-1.4335287

.... As well he might be. Martin has no choice now really but to fire him given the Cowen controversy only a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 35,075 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

gmisk wrote: »
    Circuit Court judge and a former Workers' Party TD Pat McCartan, who serves as the vice-captain, and a number of others.

He's retired as a judge now. I served as a juror in his court once, I thought he was sound. In this instance he should have exercised better judgement :)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭appledrop

Its all a joke at this stage.

Don't go to work.... but go to school

Don't use public transport... but go on school buses with no social distancing whatsoever

No more than 6 people in your home.... but 50 people in church, cinema, theatre, wedding + even more in restaurant or hotel. Oh + up to 1000 in 2nd level school.

Rorys Stories has a brilliant sketch this evening if anyone can post it up trying to explain to child how farcical the whole thing has become.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

From Brussels all the way to a piss up in storm drenched West Connemara in the midst of a Pandemic.

WTF am I missing here.

Dunno, but he's missing the 14 day quarantine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement