Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options
1108109110111112114»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Breach covid rules and you get fined somewhere between €200 to €2500. So why if political person or be a member of judiciary should one lose your job if you break the rules? I understand Calleary was somewhat hypocritical by urgenting adherence to the rules but not Wolfe.

Breach covid rules and you get fined somewhere between €200 to €2500. So why if political person or be a member of judiciary should one lose your job if you break the rules? I understand Calleary was somewhat hypocritical by urgenting adherence to the rules but not Wolfe.

Noblesse oblige, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭xl500

Did Jim mc Guiness breach Covid guidelines when he attended Galway training session

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

xl500 wrote: »
    Did Jim mc Guiness breach Covid guidelines when he attended Galway training session

Not sure

I'm not sure either if the Roscommon and Donegal footballers did when they held a dinner after a challenge game, as you do.

The Gaa have been some of the worst offenders, if not the worst but they are a sacred cow so little will be made of it .

Btw Jim does nothing for nothing.
    From Donegal to Celtic to China and back again.

There's some difference in ideals between Donegal GAA and the big bucks in Chinese soccer or is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

xl500 wrote: »

If he was employed by them no, if he wasn't yes. Travelling for work is exempt, travelling for a kick about with your mates isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I turned on Claire Byrne this morning and they were talking about the Clifden party and Woulfe refusing to take his medicine. I am astounded how FFG are letting this story fester in November.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I turned on Claire Byrne this morning and they were talking about the Clifden party and Woulfe refusing to take his medicine. I am astounded how FFG are letting this story fester in November.

How would you suggest they should go about dealing with the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Woulfe is a member of the supreme court. The government cannot be seen to interfere with the judiciary especially not the supreme court.

Imagine a case comes in front of the supreme court and the court rules in the government's favour after they'd sanctioned a judge. It might be hard to convince the loser the supreme court were impartial and not under threat of government sanction either real or perceived.

elperello wrote: »
    How would you suggest they should go about dealing with the story?

He shouldn't have avoided the Chief Justice for so long.

He shouldn't have avoided the Chief Justice for so long.

So what do you think FF/FG should do about that?

• Advertisement

So what do you think FF/FG should do about that?

I believe it's with the AG now.

I believe it's with the AG now.

The story has moved on since earlier.

This thread will be of interest to you -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058108373&page=31

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The story has moved on since earlier.

This thread will be of interest to you -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058108373&page=31

Can everyone please stick to that thread - it is dedicated to the Woulfe angle

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just want to update this thread as someone asked for it to be re-opened following today's announcements over likely prosecutions

While I would have liked it to have been re-opened given this is now moving through a legal process I don't think there is anything more that can be said beyond stating those facts about likely prosecutions

Unfortunately therefore we are unable to re-open the thread at this time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement