Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This crowd seemingly said fcuk it we deserve a p1ss up, we are ENTITLED to it

And the media will never find out ??

Are they actually that naive

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

Butimer is a leech and has been for decades. Awful politician.

He should be fired too, from whatever nonentity position he holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

silver2020 wrote: »
    Christ, the covid police are up in arms again.

Berlin bar one day (gardai say no laws or regulations breached), a golf outing the next day.

What is tomorrow's sensationalist hysterical shi1tefest that excites you all?

It was a dinner - restaurants are open everywhere. Get over it you snowflakes

Failer droids, assemble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Some of us getting back playing a bit of golf with societies. No problem there, unfortunately, we can't even have a shower of share a cup of tea after it, which we except.

But our leaders can have it all and extravagant meals and drinks afterwards.

We were scoffing at Boris's boys being clueless, looks like we are now the laughing stock.

Donie Cassidy heavily involved too

An original pig ignorant FFer if ever there was one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,093 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hurrache wrote: »
    Not fully. SF can't dare comment as they done the same thing a while back at the funeral of an ex IRA man in another state, worse than this in many people's eyes.
    I don't agree.
    A funeral is in no way comparable to a golf dinner...one is very much optional, I think people realise that.
    I think also from what I seen most of the people (at least MLM) tried to also maintain social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,821 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Examples need to be made of every one of them if the government have any hope of getting the public back on side again after this

If they don't there is no going back

A months salary sacrificed to front line workers would be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

Did no one explain - it was a surprise party!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Is there anything at all that could be done with Phil Hogan if there was a will to on the part of the Irish gov?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Will Yam wrote: »

And for that he should go. After all if Cowen has to go for a traffic offence (for which he was sanctioned) from 4 years ago, why shouldn’t Calleary go for something he did yesterday.

Cowen did not go for the offence. He evaded the checkpoint and evaded telling people about it and said he did not evade the checkpoint

He went as he told lies about the incident and was found out

• Advertisement

Is there anything at all that could be done with Phil Hogan if there was a will to on the part of the Irish gov?

Pressure him to resign and then replace him with a new commissioner.

They won’t do it tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

He absolutely knew that Dara was going to speak at an event for the late Mark Killilea, a famous FF politician.

100% Martin knew it. 100%.

He needs to be asked though... ;)

If that is the case and Calleary is sacked, he is arrogant enough to being Martin with him.

Not fully. SF can't dare comment as they done the same thing a while back at the funeral of an ex IRA man in another state, worse than this in many people's eyes.

But the direction of travel is that FF will get squeezed - on their middle class/business side by FG, and on their redneck crying into my pint of Guinness for a United ireland side (think o cuiv) by SF.

SF will survive the spectacle of hawking a coffin into a trump like rally complete with O’Neill posing for smirking selfies.

It will come down to SF and FG. Just as it was in the twenties..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭appledrop

This crowd seemingly said fcuk it we deserve a p1ss up, we are ENTITLED to it

And the media will never find out ??

Are they actually that naive

No they are not naive, its pure arrogance. Cawley was the exact same.

They don't give a flying f$$k. Its one rule for them and another one for us plebs.

The whole government could fall now seriously. People had already had enough with the ridiculously rules that came out on Tuesday that make no sense + its just a step too far now.

They can go play golf tournament but all GAA heads all over country cant watch a match with 200 people in 30,000 stadium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

silver2020 wrote: »
    Christ, the covid police are up in arms again.

Berlin bar one day (gardai say no laws or regulations breached), a golf outing the next day.

What is tomorrow's sensationalist hysterical shi1tefest that excites you all?

It was a dinner - restaurants are open everywhere. Get over it you snowflakes

In that case why did the Mayo Moron apologise?

Surely you're not suggesting that you know more about the regulations than a Cabinet Minister?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't agree.
    A funeral is in no way comparable to a golf dinner...one is very much optional, I think people realise that.
    I think also from what I seen most of the people (at least MLM) tried to also maintain social distancing.

They're not comparable, but at the time people were being buried with no one paying respects, Michelle O'Neill telling her constituents that they couldn't attend, but a big ****ing parade with people crossing the border to add to the fleg waving when it was an IRA man.

They were absolutely as hypocritical then as the crowd are now, posing for selfies and photos all over the kip.

It's a ****ed up time when not one party, coalition or opposition, can claim the high ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Will Yam wrote: »
    With respect that isn’t the point.

The point is that large get togethers are not recommended. If you are in a position of authority and you recommend to people not to do something it means you shouldn’t do that yourself.

Like Cawley on the foreign holiday.

It doesn’t matter if Berlin was whooping it up the same night as clifden.

The point is that Calleary as a minister set the rules. And then broke them, if not the letter then certainly the spirit.

And for that he should go. After all if Cowen has to go for a traffic offence (for which he was sanctioned) from 4 years ago, why shouldn’t Calleary go for something he did yesterday.

Not to go too off tangent. It wasn't the traffic offence that was Cowen's downfall. It was the cover up. And half truths. And the possibility of taking the guards to court to dispute the accuracy of their report.

No. No government has jurisdiction over a commissioner. In fact I think they take an oath of office that their allegiance is to eu, not a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

In that case why did the Mayo Moron apologise?

Surely you're not suggesting that you know more about the regulations than a Cabinet Minister?

I wouldn't engage to be honest. Some posts/posters are just too obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Pressure him to resign and then replace him with a new commissioner.

They won’t do it tho
    He will never give up his handy, high paying gig. He always looked down on the working class as peasants he won't give a crap what we say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I still remember the day this lowlife (property developer) read into the seanad record that now [2008] was the best time for a young couple to buy a house as they were going to rapidly increase in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He will never give up his handy, high paying gig. He always looked down on the working class as peasants he won't give a crap what we say.

Nor will he have to. He's properly established in Europe now. I doubt he cares what his own party here say either.

appledrop wrote: »
    No they are not naive, its pure arrogance. Cawley was the exact same.

They don't give a flying f$$k. Its one rule for them and another one for us plebs.

The whole government could fall now seriously. People had already had enough with the ridiculously rules that came out on Tuesday that make no sense + its just a step too far now.

They can go play golf tournament but all GAA heads all over country cant watch a match with 200 people in 30,000 stadium?

But if there is a concert on 200 can attend. But if there’s hurling in the intermission everyone has to leave.

And if 6 dads bring their young lads to a friendly match on a Saturday they can’t stay and watch. But they can go to the local, have a plate of chicken wings and a feed of pints.

They're not comparable, but at the time people were being buried with no one paying respects, Michelle O'Neill telling her constituents that they couldn't attend, but a big ****ing parade with people crossing the border to add to the fleg waving when it was an IRA man.

They were absolutely as hypocritical then as the crowd are now.
    I agree they are not comparable, but you are kind of comparing them no? (You literally said SF did the same thing in your post)
    Also I couldn't give a toss about Michelle ONeill she isn't a TD in the republic of Ireland, I am also pretty sure she wouldn't have organised the flag waving and the like. I think she was the selfie poser etc also.

SF would be mad not to go to town on this, as will any other political party who weren't involved, the greens probably won't in public as they are in bed with them atm

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

This is nothing but infuriating and appalling.

I also lost a parent during lockdown. 10 of us at my fathers funeral. Neighbours could only look on from afar. So difficult for everyone.

The confusion regarding guidelines the past week and now this will have guaranteed the people will have lost faith in the guidelines and what's been asked of them. And who could blame them.

We are been taken for absolute muppets by the Government. I'm angry, I'm fed up.

A stand has to be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

KaneToad wrote: »
    I still remember the day this lowlife (property developer) read into the seanad record that now [2008] was the best time for a young couple to buy a house as they were going to rapidly increase in price.

That gem is still on his Wiki page
    Prediction: Irish property prices

In a debate in Seanad Éireann on 10 April 2008, Cassidy stated the following about house prices in Ireland: "We have a duty to tell first-time house buyers, young couples with no previous experience, that there is unbelievable value in the marketplace today. It will not last forever. It is never the wrong time to do the right thing. I offer the House the benefit of my experience and my opinion which is all any Member can do. I will remind the House, perhaps in 12 or 18 months, when prices have again increased by 25% or 30%, that they were told this by the Leader of the House on this historic day, the tenth anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement."[3] In the event, 12 months later the average house price had decreased by 21.8%.[4]

They were absolutely as hypocritical then as the crowd are now, posing for selfies and photos all over the kip.

It's a ****ed up time when not one party, coalition or opposition, can claim the high ground.

Not to talk about hawking a coffin into a cemetery for a trump like populist rally.

And the cemetery wasn’t even used for burial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Brian Hayes there as well, Noel Dempsey too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭appledrop

BullBauld wrote: »
    This is nothing but infuriating and appalling.

I also lost a parent during lockdown. 10 of us at my fathers funeral. Neighbours could only look on from afar. So difficult for everyone.

The confusion regarding guidelines the past week and now this will have guaranteed the people will have lost faith in the guidelines and what's been asked of them. And who could blame them.

We are been taken for absolute muppets by the Government. I'm angry, I'm fed up.

A stand has to be taken.

Sorry for your loss during this difficult time.

• Advertisement

Donie Cassidy ffs....we would be better of with Natalie Cassidy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement