Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This is not good for FF.
    However, I would ask whether any attendee knew the layout of things at the hotel before going there. No doubt if asked the hotel would claim that they were complying with the regulations. So I would distinguish between the organisers and the attendees. Now the attendees should probably have left if they arrived and there were too many, but that is different from organising the event.

Oh give over ffs. Nobody should be organising a golf club jolly at this time.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Did you see Hogan there?

No but my wife did!

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 33,092 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Brian Hayes there as well, Noel Dempsey too
    Rumours online saying Noel Grealish was there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Neither of whom are politicians. But still trying to curry favour with old pals. Always good to stay in touch with the decision makers who can help you earn more in your new gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

gmisk wrote: »

He sure was

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Oh give over ffs. Nobody should be organising a golf club jolly at this time.

Let alone with 81 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭thebronze14

His only sincere regret was that he was caught...One rule for them and another for the rest. This has shades of the Dominic Cummings affair in England, perhaps not quite as brazen. I predict less of a compliance with the guidelines moving forward

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jaysis they are all coming out of the woodwork now, FFG really are two cheeks of the same arse with a lot of sh1te between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Yea he was, outgoing Captain, at top table with Calleary

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

And on this surreal note, I'm away to my bed.
    Even f*cking Bosco is weighing in on things.

https://twitter.com/boscosbox/status/1296546972854358018

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Stay at home lads, do nothing, don't protest, don't speak up. Stay at home lads, be obedient, obey the rules.

Everyone and everything in this country is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Nor will he have to. He's properly established in Europe now. I doubt he cares what his own party here say either.
    His reward for bulling through the water charges. Same as the cushy number Brian Cowen got for the AIB bailout.

The favourite to replace Calleary if he goes....jack....chambers....

Honestly.....what is the point...

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Minister of Ag post must be cursed in 2020. Who will be the next victim?
    Might have to wheel the great Bertie out of retirement...A popular and uniting influence...A lot done, more (damage) to do

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hurrache wrote: »
    They're not comparable, but at the time people were being buried with no one paying respects, Michelle O'Neill telling her constituents that they couldn't attend, but a big ****ing parade with people crossing the border to add to the fleg waving when it was an IRA man.

They were absolutely as hypocritical then as the crowd are now, posing for selfies and photos all over the kip.

It's a ****ed up time when not one party, coalition or opposition, can claim the high ground.

I agree It's not whether they are comparable it's the optics and perception. Michelle o Neil was telling the people of Northern Ireland to abide by rules meant to protect them from the spread of the virus. That's why people were annoyed because it was saying one thing and doing another. That's why the two things are connected. This government in the republic just this week were changing numbers of people allowed in places and yet we find out they were saying one thing and doing another.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The favourite to replace Calleary if he goes....jack....chambers....

Honestly.....what is the point...

May as well give it to Marc McSharry, because if nothing else, if there's someone who will manage to beat Cowens, and presumably Collearys record for shortest stint in the role through their own stupidity, it's him.

So it looks like there were at least eight Oireachtas members who attended...

May as well give it to Marc McSharry, because if nothing else, if there's someone who will manage to beat Cowens, and presumably Collearys record for shortest stint in the role through their own stupidity, it's him.
    I'd give it Giggsy til the end of the year

At least McSharry would be comically bad and provide some entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

KaneToad wrote: »
    Neither of whom are politicians. But still trying to curry favour with old pals. Always good to stay in touch with the decision makers who can help you earn more in your new gig.

In fairness, by the nature of the group it wouldn't be unexpected to see most of the group consisting of former TDs and senators. The issue is the attendance of existing ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

Supreme Court Justice and former Attorney General Seamus Wolfe was there but to reasonable he was probably not versed on the legalities around the event ( or lack of them )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I never jump on the 'band-wagon' of calling on people to resign over stupid or silly things/mistakes they have made...never never never it helps sfa and solves or cures nothing,I think it's a nasty horrible thing to force upon someone(in most cases)work is life life is work and all that.... unless of course a Police man goes around robbing or maybe a fireman goes around starting fires etc etc. I'm firm on that and that's it..... In this case I will say,.what in Gods name were you thinking lads. Like seriously,.is it the wife's and girlfriends making them do it, how did any of those people think this was ok and that it wouldn't be all over the media!?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

Minister Calleary has apologised to the general public. I as a member of the general public do not accept his apology and call on the Taoiseach to sack him.

James,
    Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The thing is there would have been undoubtedly been an Oireachtais email floating about to promote the event. There wouldn't have been many that wouldn't have known about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Seems like a lot of the elite and well to do's attended the event so i'm guessing massive pressure will be brought to bare tomorrow to bury the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Here’s the entire guest list - follow the thread.

https://twitter.com/barringtonjf/status/1296573766605123585?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Who won?

I'd imagine some of them FFs are bandits with the handicap. You wouldn't stand a chance of picking up a prize against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Seems like a lot of the elite and well to do's attended the event so i'm guessing massive pressure will be brought to bare tomorrow to bury the story.

They ain't gonna bury that story. It's bloody huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Matters not one jot whether he resigns or not this government is not long for this world anyway, if it lasts till Christmas it'll be a miracle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement