Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

Seemed like alot more than 81. At a rough count

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

How would I find out if any tax payers money has been used to support this Golf Society in any form, like use of Dail stationary, pens no matter how small etc. Have any resources of the state been used to assist in running of this event or getting people there in the form of state cars etc etc.
    This should become a witch hunt.
    Fcuk them, they have given us the people of ireland the fi gers and should pay accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/taoiseach-furious-over-calleary-s-attendance-at-golf-event-1.4335287

A person staying at the hotel with his family told the Irish Times he saw no evidence of social distancing when he witnessed the attendees arriving.

“No masks. No distancing,” said the the witness who asked that his name not be used.

He said he had to push his kids through two Oireachtas members whom he recognised to try to get to the lift.

“My 11 year old who is Covid anxious was hugely upset. The hotel has been brilliant all week on all Covid aspects. This was a really strange event with all that in mind.

“At the reception people were being introduced to each other and shaking hands. No distancing and no masks. We were flabbergasted.”

• Registered Users Posts: 33,093 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Who gets the prize for the most random attendee?
    My vote has to be the ambassador from Morocco! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Any Green party members at this event? If not, will they have the balls to stand up and be counted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I see a Martin Brett was on the seating plan.

He shares the same name as the Mayor of Kilkenny.

There’s also a senior Naval officer with the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Tomorrow could be like an episode of Game of Thrones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭dere34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Dampsquid wrote: »

Or Love/Hate

I see ex FF TD Aine Brady on that list.
    Errr doesn't she live in Kildare? You know one of the counties that is under lockdown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I look forward to seeing much empassioned postings by FG TD's on Twitter like this one only a few days ago.

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1294929138625716224?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Any Green party members at this event? If not, will they have the balls to stand up and be counted.

Yeah, we’ll probably hear them absolutely wánkstains wondering why and giving out that the guests didn’t cycle there, never mind that there was there was a bunch of people supposed to be leading by example at what is the greatest challenge to the state and its people in 100 years, not distancing at a non necessary massive social occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

gmisk wrote: »
    Errr doesn't she live in Kildare? You know one of the counties that is under lockdown?

Ah here

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Would be interesting to know was there a garda presence in the hotel, providing security for ministers etc

Did they think the event was perfectly acceptable or turn a blind eye maybe?

There was a Garda car hanging around but at the time we didn't know wny.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Egghead bringing in emergency legislation to allow Gardai come into your home and check if you have more than six people sitting down for an extended family dinner but these clowns can meet up for a piss up and do what they like.

How do they expect the public not to lose faith in restrictions

That’s ex politician Aine Brady if there is photographic evidence.

There was a Garda car hanging around but at the time we didn't know wny.

Hmmm so the Gardai were aware of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Blow it up ref, I've seen enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Michel Martin, sitting alone in his office tonight, large bottle of whiskey. "Can I let any of yis Duckers out of my sight for a bleedin minute?". Lord of mercy let the man have one week of being taoiseach without everything going tits up. He worked so hard for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,821 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I hope Sarah McInerney goes out with a bang on her last day on RTE Radio 1, she has nothing to lose.

• Advertisement

Who gets the prize for the most random attendee?
    My vote has to be the ambassador from Morocco! Lol
    I missed the opportunity to say he was just there to....... Souk up

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    From the tone of the quotes in the IT article it would suggest he didn't. He's more likely furious that this is "another fine mess they've gotten him into" than the actual breach of the restrictions though.

Only one credible answer to that -

I have decided that you are no longer fit to be a member of the Government and I expect your resignation on my desk in the morning.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Anyone travelling from lockdown counties should not have been there whether ex FF td or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭dere34

Military coup?

dere34 wrote: »
    Military coup?
    I think our armed forced probably have about 2 guns between them....maybe we could get Mary Lou to ask around....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I defo blame the wags... There's no way they can cancel this event, I got a new dress and have an appointment with the 'barber' , we are going and that's that hmmmm :P

Can someone advise.
    Should NPHET or appropriate body be further investigating this gathering.

Have/should all associated be undergoing covid testing or be undertaking immediate 2 week isolation?

Suggestion that people who attended may be from lockdown counties? or that some attendees had not isolated beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Are FF going to lose a 2nd agriculture minister in a month? The arrogance.

****ers have learned nothing.

dere34 wrote: »
    Military coup?

Unlikely they give much of a monkeys the Gardai certainly don’t, well apart from looking at them earning handy probably overtime, might join them.. as they facilitate the law being broken...jokeshop of a country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

If there are any real journalists left in the country then there has to be a major cull tomorrow, this can't be let go. The plains should be strewn with political corpses on the morrow, let Clifden be their waterloo.. ARISE NOW JOURNOS AND SLAY THE FOE WITHOUT MERCY!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement