Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭coolbeans

emo72 wrote: »
    Michel Martin, sitting alone in his office tonight, large bottle of whiskey. "Can I let any of yis Duckers out of my sight for a bleedin minute?". Lord of mercy let the man have one week of being taoiseach without everything going tits up. He worked so hard for it.

He wouldn't say 'yis' or 'bleedin' he's from Cork like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The_Brood wrote: »
    If that's the one backed by Jim Corr, GOD etc....I am gonna pass ta

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Denny61

Tis time lads .....let the shinners in to government....ff/fg /pds /greens /labor..all toxic ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Jesus only that bunch of ****in idiots could make varadkar look like hes competent.

Leo will spend 6 months at home riding, drinking, smoking few sunbeds and stroll back into power with no a single credible opposition party left.

Hes played them for fools.

If the vintners have any balls every pub in the country should open under the existing rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

kona wrote: »
    Jesus only that bunch of ****in idiots could make varadkar look like hes competent.

Leo will spend 6 months at home riding, drinking, smoking few sunbeds and stroll back into power with no a single credible opposition party left.

Hes played them for fools.

If the vintners have any balls every pub in the country should open under the existing rules.

The FGErs were there too. Leo has nothing to be smug about here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

The FGErs were there too. Leo has nothing to be smug about here.

Hell drop them like a bad habit!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Denny61 wrote: »
    Tis time lads .....let the shinners in to government....ff/fg /pds /greens /labor..all toxic ...

Give me toxicity over weak kneed individuals beholden to murderers and their ex users / mates. Sad but they be the choices. Great shame labour are so crap right now. Howlin and Kelly are a pair or doses too.

Any politician who doesn't publicly come out against this will never see my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

And having an election is the answer to clearing out every idiot in government...just to be replaced by the same*sigh*

• Advertisement

And having an election is the answer to clearing out every idiot in government...just to be replaced by the same*sigh*

Apathy is better? Or perhaps run yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Big Phil won the top prize for anyone interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

523697.jpg

Great to see one that at least one of them has a backbone.

Wait a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Credit to the examiner here too. Not afraid to publish the Maurice McCabe stuff and now this. RTÉ and the indo/Times wouldn’t have touched it imo. In fact RTÉs nine o clock bulletin coverage was disgraceful, led with the apology for an alleged breach of guidelines.

I'm honestly bemused. This level of ..... I dunno.... Ignorance? Contempt? Brazen superiority? C+ntishness?

**** these politicians and **** anyone who defends them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Never thought I'd agree with Paul Murphy, but he's spot on with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I hope Sarah McInerney goes out with a bang on her last day on RTE Radio 1, she has nothing to lose.

One thing that irked a lot of people was that with Claire Byrne coming in she is in the Media/Political circle of trust, whereas McInerney wasn't.

One thing definitely for sure and confirmed with this event was that Sean O Rourke was in the circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

bryaj wrote: »
    Can someone advise.
    Should NPHET or appropriate body be further investigating this gathering.

Have/should all associated be undergoing covid testing or be undertaking immediate 2 week isolation?

Suggestion that people who attended may be from lockdown counties? or that some attendees had not isolated beforehand?

It would be a matter for the Gardai in fact. NPHET merely offers advice : the Gardai enforce the law.

Pkiernan wrote: »

Hang on..... I said I would never vote for anyone who didn't denounce it. Doesn't mean I'd vote for that ****ing lunatic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

He's apologized. So everythings ok so.
    God what a muppet. And the rest of the arrogant crowd.
    They obviously don't think or they would realise that there are no secrets nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Pkiernan wrote: »
    PBP/AAA cannot say a thing. They were organising BLM protests back when the virus was rampant.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

He's apologized. So everythings ok so.
    God what a muppet. And the rest of the arrogant crowd.
    They obviously don't think or they would realise that there are no secrets nowadays.

Beyond caring, that simple. The greatest requirement this country has had for unity and leadership since 1916 and this is what we have to put up with, shower of absolute cretinous puss bags.

Strazdas wrote: »
    It would be a matter for the Gardai in fact. NPHET merely offers advice : the Gardai enforce the law.

Gavin Reilly did a bit of an overview of the legal side of things on twitter earlier, the venue and organisers can be fined and jailed but attendees aren't penalised. The precedent was set last weekend with Berlin though, nothing at all will happen if that was anything to go by.

s1ippy wrote: »
    Gavin Reilly did a bit of an overview of the legal side of things on twitter earlier, the venue and organisers can be fined and jailed but attendees aren't penalised. The precedent was set last weekend with Berlin though, nothing at all will happen if that was anything to go by.

I don't think that's true.

There are guidelines. No laws to enforce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

From the sounds of it, people are now going to renegade against Government advice because they're hypocrites, rather than making the assessment as to whether or not the virus is a dangerous threat and acting accordingly. If you believe the virus is that much of a threat, then you will adhere to guidance. Kind of adds to the point about people just going along with whatever the man on the telly says or does.

Dyou know, I think this would be a ****ing superb time for the left and the right to band together. Imagine even the fringe elements, antifa and proud boys etc, vocalising their unity to band against this bull****.

But nah, there'll be more sniping next week and this will be irrelevant due to other pressing issues.

Again, i will never respect a politician who doesn't publicly come out against this behaviour. It's beyond a joke now.

Simon Harris (rightfully) tweeted against the behaviour in BerlinD2 within hours. Let's see if he has the balls to do so tomorrow.

dunne biy you could be on to something there. This could be the great uniter, finally getting people to put aside their differences and look at who are really causing the problems in this country. I'll give you a hint, it's not the worst off in society.

I also agree with yourself completedit. Reading the story genuinely filled everyone in my household with incandescent rage, as I'd imagine it did in a lot of homes where people have made immense sacrifices. Not seeing friends and family for half a year, not attending funerals, cancelling events left right and centre, losing businesses, jobs, money from our pockets and the most tragic loss, of actual people we love. It's a "gut punch" as Simon Harris said of Berlin, except this was even worse than that. To think that they pass the laws and then blatantly flout them that very evening.

I reckon most people will continue to do the right thing. To coin a few hackneyed cliches, two wrongs do not a right make, and it would really be shooting yourself in the foot to go to all this effort and hassle for all this time only to get the virus because you're cross about a pack of hypocrites who couldn't give a tuppenny fuck about you or anyone belong to you.

That said, few friends of mine are having a gathering at a residence this weekend that I'd love to go to... Probably going to be fairly raucous :o

Nah, only codding, can't risk it like. There'll be other times. Be grand. Jaysis I'd say there'll be a fair few parties up and down the country this weekend all the same. Hope people stay safe. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Can we come up with a better term for this than golfgate.

It lacks originality To say the least at this stage that every political controversy gets the word gate at the end of it.

It’s nearly 30 years since watergate FFS.

Plus the government has to fire Calleary or don’t dare issue anybody in this country with another guideline again.

This is Michaels Dominic Cummins moment, will he go all Boris on it and stick two fingers up at the people????

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Can we come up with a better term for this than golfgate.

It lacks originality To say the least at this stage that every political controversy gets the word gate at the end of it.

It’s nearly 30 years since watergate FFS.

Plus the government has to fire Calleary or don’t dare issue anybody in this country with another guideline again.

This is Michaels Dominic Cummins moment, will he go all Boris on it and stick two fingers up at the people????
    He's a Fianna Failer that was part of a government that bankrupt the country and bailed out developers by transferring the debt to the people, his first and only instinct would be to stick 2 fingers up to the people.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

He’s pathetic apology of lapse of judgment shows his weakness, Larry and co will have him for breakfast at farmers expense - loser

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement