Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Unbelievable. This government is a complete shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If he doesn't go FF will be looking at 3-4% in the polls (they were on 9) The auld lads and lasses that voted for them regardless in 2011 are the ones stuck cocooning and won't appreciate this

• Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Are FF going to lose a 2nd agriculture minister in a month? The arrogance.

To lose one may be regarded as a misfortune, to lose two looks like carelessness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

From Gavan Reilly on twitter:
    The two parallel rooms were placed in a hotel function room with a partition (the standard hotel ballroom variety), which was not drawn fully across.

Attendees have told me the partition was left partly open so that hotel staff could go between rooms to serve food, and so on.

The hotel's stance is that it wasn't one function, it was two - with 45 in one room and 36 in the next.

But I also understand that, not only was there a single table plan presented to accommodate the 81 attendees, speeches were given in one room, addressed to those in the other.

This is a ****ing joke and a blatant two fingers to everyone who has made sacrifices around the country. How did anybody there think that 1. this was a good idea or 2. that it wouldn't get out

Barry Cowan got sacked for less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Yes, all must resign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

This government is like a comedy sketch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

I really hope Barry Cowen had a good laugh at this. He was shafted, this muppet should be sacked by the weekend, don't give him the option of resigning just sack him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

It's the media's fault. How dare they report on this, the are just trying to damage SF......

OH wait.... Wrong party.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

To lose one may be regarded as a misfortune, to lose two looks like carelessness

Well at least his lifelong dream of becoming a minister came true. Barry Cowan must be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Resignation would entail taking responsibility tho ;)
    Amazing that within a couple of months of entering Government, and Calleary actually getting the job on the foot of Cowan's avoidance of same.

That Fianna Fail are once again facing the loss of a minister for an act of personal stupidity, at odds with guidelines and actual common sense.

That Mehole has spent quite a bit of time explaining that there is nothing at all confusing about the new guidelines, nor the return to school protocols.

Makes Calleary's position untenable IMO.
    He has to go.

Imagine making such a bollox of there 1st few months in Government that they are making the last FG tenure seem like the golden past!
    FFS like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

The Oireachtas Golf Society = Our betters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

I thought the health portfolio was the poison chalice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Marty1983 wrote: »
    Apparently they split the room in two! So like a hall with a partition pulled across the middle, 45 in one part of the room and 36 in the other..but the partition was not fully closed and speeches were held in one of the rooms :(

..... and they all laughed merrily at the rest of us. '

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The fact he came out on radio Wednesday too defending the restrictions, when he knew very well he'd be breaking them that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Ah well. Another agricultural minister bites the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

So if you commit to something for a long period of time the restrictions are irrelevant.
    I'm off to the pub :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

It's a car crash ...one of these days in the not to distant future we will be seeing elderly people suffering lonely deaths in Nursing Homes and there shower think it's ok to be hidden away enjoying lunch at a golf outing ......it's simply not good enough not to mention I can't but feel sorry for NPHET trying to advise these absolute idiots ....the last 6 weeks have been an utter Circus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Lundstram wrote: »
    I really hope Barry Cowen had a good laugh at this. He was shafted, this muppet should be sacked by the weekend, don't give him the option of resigning just sack him.

Barry cowen will push for it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

It’s very obvious the tail is wagging the dog in the chewing gum government that we have.
    But then fail with the failures, bluster from the gaels and the greens are exactly that green.....

I think there’s an utter lack of discipline amongst the TDs and TBH it’s very telling of the “leadership” of their party......, bodes very poorly indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

FF are imploding, it has all gone horribly wrong for them, I take no joy in saying it but they have only themselves to blame....

If that is true they're after exploiting a legal loophole. Technically it is an offence to organise such an event. A person who organises such an event for over 50 people could face a fine of €2,500 and even, prospectively, six months in prison.

Sinn Fein will love this one

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

I can't believe this. Absolute scum. Sorry but it has to be said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

It took 5 months of planning to set up this high performing government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I’d say stick a fork in it

FF are imploding, it has all gone horribly wrong for them, I take no joy in saying it but they have only themselves to blame....

Leo must be laughing senceless behind the scenes

Lundstram wrote: »

He didn't get shafted. I absolutely despise drink drivers.

And to think people laugh at Trump. These guys are worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Dara Calleary is an absolute parochial gob****e. Have seen him appear at more than one family/friemds funeral over the years with absolutely no affiliation.

Why oh why the fook did he think would get away with this. The brazeness of it is the most galling thing. This is the same fella who threw his toys out of the pram when he didn't get a cabinet position.

Gob****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

How did he think no one would find out? What a complete gobsh1te.

All Eyes On Rafah

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement