Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

What about the rest of them who attended. Surely there has to be more to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Dempo1 wrote: »
    What's the odds, Leo or Ryan will pull the plug on this shambles of a government, its all playing out nicely for Leo, the most Cunning and Devious of them all

Never thought I'd say this, but come back Leo. Much steadier hand navigating these difficult waters at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Holy Jerry St Buttimer better f*ck off too. Always gave me the creeps.

I've had dealings with him, he's a waste of space. Typical of the cute hoors that politics in this country attracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Is there any chance, having been giving the minister's role, Calleary saw what a disaster was coming down the tracks and decided he was in a real sh&tstorm and wanted out of it. That's the only reason I can see him deciding to attend this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

What's the odds, Leo or Ryan will pull the plug on this shambles of a government, its all playing out nicely for Leo, the most Cunning and Devious of them all

The problem is that they would be blamed for causing an election during a pandemic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Have to say, that's one of the quickest resignations in Irish political history.
    These boyos usually brazen it out to the death.
    Martin gets a + for quickness - taking it that he royally burst a blood vessel last night and found his balls.
    Can't do much about the likes of Brian Hayes etc but all parties should be demanding current senator resignations and Grealish should be under severe pressure form voters in his patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Happy4all wrote: »
    Hotel saying they did nothing wrong??

No more than 50 in 2 separate rooms.

Does that mean we can have a wedding event of 100 in two partitioned rooms? Wasn't my understanding.

Ya, that's right. And open up the partitions for the speeches. Shur if tis good enough for politicians and judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

To be fair, the shambles has been Meholes thirst to be Taoiseach. This government will see the end of FF, and that was always the result for the political party that failed to reform or adapt. Even Mehole left at the helm shows that.
    My money is on him being the shortest serving Taoiseach in history, an election soon and the obliteration of FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

UsBus wrote: »
    Is there any chance, having been giving the minister's role, Calleary saw what a disaster was coming down the tracks and decided he was in a real sh&tstorm and wanted out of it. That's the only reason I can see him deciding to attend this

are you kidding?? He whined and moaned about not getting a ministerial position. No chance he self-sabotaged. Too entitled for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

The problem is that they would be blamed for causing an election during a pandemic.

Agreed but they'll blame FF as usual

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I propose that the Agri Minister position is left vacant.

We all know who is running agriculture in this country anyway and it ain’t no politician.

If he wants to build on the support base he already has, he should call everyone else out that was there and demand their resignations from their posts. Maria Bailey fiasco showed that the electorate were fed up of this ****. Doesn’t matter if they are aligned with his party.

He needs a great movie tag line to use in a tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

deisedevil wrote: »
    Ya, that's right. And open up the partitions for the speeches. Shur if tis good enough for politicians and judges.

I don't think they were closed, it said they were open so staff could move freely between the two

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

He was supposed to appear on morning radio to do interviews. That got cancelled and he resigned instead.

Essentially another sacking.

And he managed to do something I never thought possible, he had me agreeing with Paul Murphy who took his interview place.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Some common sense required by us too, I read one tweet yesterday by a chap complaining about dara saying he denied his own dying mother a hug because he wanted to follow the rules , ya know what I mean? Ffs why would he do that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

If he wants to build on the support base he already has, he should call everyone else out that was there and demand their resignations from their posts. Maria Bailey fiasco showed that the electorate were fed up of this ****. Doesn’t matter if they are aligned with his party.

Armageddon rid of them all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Hurrache wrote: »
    And he managed to do something I never thought possible, he had me agreeing with Paul Murphy who took his interview place.

a very restrained murphy it has to be said

he knew

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Agreed but they'll blame FF as usual

It won't wash, could we even have an election for another 12 months till the risks with covid are apparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

Leo’s topless picnic party, at the time we were told we could exercise, but not hang around and definitely no picnics, was our Cummings moment. Do as I say, not as I do seems to be the message from our “superiors”.

What regulation/ recommendation did Leo overstep.please explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Out for Justice! He's a Taoiseach. It's a dirty job... but somebody's got to take out the garbage (rubbish).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Ditto. Although I suppose even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

are you kidding?? He whined and moaned about not getting a ministerial position. No chance he self-sabotaged. Too entitled for that.

he was one the most experienced TD in gov not to get a minster role. You havd tools like Pippa Hackett and Roderic O’Gorman landed with these jobs no history. Calleary should have stayed. Its not a crime to attend such a meeting.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Should the title of this thread be changed to read "Former Minister for Agriculture ..........."?

As posted by your humble servant 11 hours ago! :D

he was one the most experienced TD in gov not to get a minster role. You havd tools like Pippa Hackett and Roderic O’Gorman landed with these jobs no history. Calleary should have stayed. Its not a crime to attend such a meeting.

You are aware it wasn't a meeting he attended?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

Are the meat factories at centre of covid outbreak in Kildare open?

Can't see a supreme court Judge resigning

Resignation was too little, too late. Shouldn’t have gone in the first place. Should have been sacked that night. Disgraceful behaviour by all who attended. How typical of the Irish mentality of getting one over authority by putting a partition up! Young people do so by organising house or beach parties. There’s a bit of an excuse for them. They’re young and know no better. All 81 guests should be named and shamed and the hotel shut down with immediate effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MFPM

He attended a social event, are you suggesting that anyone and everyone can ignore the rules and guidelines and do as they wish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Norma Foley suggesting the others should also resign on Morning Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement