Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

LOL supersub is gone! Mayo's finest :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Seamai wrote: »
    I've had dealings with him, he's a waste of space. Typical of the cute hours politics in this country attracts.

Me too many times. Creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If we burn Dara Calleary at the stake, the gods may smile on us and take the Covid pestilence away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MFPM

Norma Foley suggesting the others should also resign.

Yeah but she's been a bit coy about specifically calling on them to resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Norma Foley suggesting the others should also resign on Morning Ireland.

she's right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

bryaj wrote: »
    Are the meat factories at centre of covid outbreak in Kildare open?

I believe so, indeed one had the neck to move staff from one to another to finish of a batch of meat being processed, amazed it got very little commentary in media circles , beyond outrageous, can't be sure carroll cuisine back open fully though

Apologies it was a plant in offaly that moved staff

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/news/farming-news/rosderra-factory-staff-walk-out-after-workers-brought-in-from-another-plant-39443628.html

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

he was one the most experienced TD in gov not to get a minster role. You havd tools like Pippa Hackett and Roderic O’Gorman landed with these jobs no history. Calleary should have stayed. Its not a crime to attend such a meeting.

maybe he didn't get a position first time around because Martin knew that he had an idiotic mistake in him.

And it wasn't a meeting that he attended. And while not a crime, tell that to people who've been holding off going to exactly these kind of events for nearly six months now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

he was one the most experienced TD in gov not to get a minster role. You havd tools like Pippa Hackett and Roderic O’Gorman landed with these jobs no history. Calleary should have stayed. Its not a crime to attend such a meeting.

Your signature at the end of your posts is very apt.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Norma Foley saying it's up to others involved to look at themselves and maybe follow Calleary's example (of resigning quickly)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Disgraceful, there has to be some penalty for this its come across as both stupid and arrogant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

He has resigned. Who will be our next agri minister

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

MFPM wrote: »
    Yeah but she's been a bit coy about specifically calling on them to resign.

Not exactly support for them either. The others are FG people as well.

Not a peep out of Simon Harris. He was quick to criticise Berlin Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Anniepower

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Norma Foley saying it's up to others involved to look at themselves and maybe follow Calleary's example (of resigning quickly)

Phil Hogan has been around the block too long to know if he keeps the head down now and says nothing the tide will eventually pass

• Registered Users Posts: 30,702 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

mariaalice wrote: »
    Disgraceful, there has to be some penalty for this its come across as both stupid and arrogant.

They should all declare they are self-isolating for 14 days.
    I'd rather see that happening more than him going (not saying he shouldn't have gone) but that's more of a priority.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

No new minister for 3 weeks until the Dail resumes. Martin to take over the role until then.

Not exactly support for them either. The others are FG people as well.

Not a peep out of Simon Harris. He was quick to criticise Berlin Bar.
    Yep, where are all the FGers?
    Harris, Varadkar, Richmond live on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

bryaj wrote: »
    Are the meat factories at centre of covid outbreak in Kildare open?

I deal with suppliers of them indirectly in my business, I know first hand some shut for a while, but the ones that did have reopened. Got that first hand from one of my customers in North Tipp yesterday when I asked specifically about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

Norma Foley also saying Dara did the honourable thing, that he put his hand up, both hands,
    God help us and our children with her in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭dmc17

He has resigned. Who will be our next agri minister

Don't think too many would be tempted to apply for a 3 week contract

Anniepower wrote: »
    Phil Hogan has been around the block too long to know if he keeps the head down now and says nothing the tide will eventually pass
    I'm 100% confident he is beyond resigning or introspection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Having a good snigger???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have a feeling that as DC was the headline atendeee at the dinner, both parties will try to draw a line under it now while agreeing it was wrong/he had to resign etc but trying to avoid any other resignations.

Certainly don't see the likes of Hogan resigning anyway, and that would be the best public service the guy has ever provided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Can't see a supreme court Judge resigning

True.

Very unreasonable of the great unwashed to expect a judge of the Highest Court in the land to display good judgement. Especially when he's barely been in the job for a wet week so evidently hasn't yet learned how to conduct himself.

Perhaps Shane Ross was right after all.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/all-too-cosy-shane-ross-criticises-former-attorney-generals-appointment-to-supreme-court-39372906.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Norma Foley suggesting the others should also resign on Morning Ireland.

Whilst she's out of hiding can someone ask her about the school's situation.

He's so high profile and the situation is so tense it's unlikely he'll escape this.

He resigned before as a minister in the mid 90s over leaking budget details.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

They've all been very quiet since the reported row around the latest restrictions at the start of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

If we burn Dara Calleary at the stake, the gods may smile on us and take the Covid pestilence away.

Perhaps. Although, sadly, I fear that your ailment may be incurable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Can't see a supreme court Judge resigning

Be interesting if any pandemic related cases come before him though.....

They have a decision to make. They’re either with us, the normal people in this country who have had to sacrifice or they’re against us.

Whomever name checks social media on behalf of Varadkar, Harris, et al should tell them to hurry up and pick whose side they’re on. Silence on this is telling too and not in a good way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Phil Hogan has the brassest neck of all, but could face scrutiny of how he travelled to the event from Brussels - times, isolation etc.

What everyone is waiting for now is camera footage to emerge - think of the damage at 20 second clip did to Berlin Bar - imagine cctv leaking, or camera phone footage of the lads on a session at 2am singing Sweet Caroline

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement