Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

These parasites wont go to their place of work ,its costing us a fortune to kit out the convention centre for them,yet they have no qualms in travelling to the other side of the country for a piss up.
    Did they claim travel and overnight expenses?. I'd say that would be a fairly safe bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Another Minister for Agriculture gone. I think we must be retarded in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

SeaFields wrote: »
    Be mindful Calleary hasn't resigned his seat, only as minister.

Yep, he like the rare few others who've "resigned" in the past, will just sit around on the back benches collecting the salary anyway. No-one ever actually quits/gets held accountable in this country. Even when they lose their seat in an election, they generally wind up on some board with another cushy paycheck

Maty Lou licking her lips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

It makes me sick he wasn't sacked and get's to hold his seat and substantial pension at days end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Great time to be in opposition, don't even have to hand them a rope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Another minister for Agriculture gone. I think we must be retarded in this country.

Oscar Wilde Quotes. To lose one Minister for Agriculture may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Another Minister for Agriculture gone. I think we must be retarded in this country.

Not everyone voted FF.
    Some of us have memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ooooh Matron

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mav11 wrote: »
    I would say that FG and Leo would love to go back to the country given the FF fiascos, but don't want to be accused of bringing down the Government in the middle of the pandemic.

Don't forget lots of well-known FGers at the dinner too.

Besides, as I said last night, the guest list shows that for all the notion of differences between them, the establishment parties and their hangers-on in the media and other high-profile position are actually very cozy and friendly. Golf isn't the only big club they're all a member of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

It's looking likely Hogan attended and didn't isolate for 2 weeks on return from Brussels. He's put numerous members of the staff working at the event as well as other hotel guests in direct danger of the virus and needs removal from his position in Europe if proven true.

I expect if this true he will have to resign.
    There is no way the EU can allow this from top EU official.
    There was more than one storm in Clifden the other night..

Mav11 wrote: »
    Oscar Wilde Quotes. To lose one Minister for Agriculture may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.
    The way it is going every T.D. who thinks they should have been a Minister will get a go at the job if only for a few weeks

Phil is a thick cun't. He will brazen it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

What was her comment?
    I wager she will say nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Had government figures not been so self righteous about house parties, Berlin Bar and travelling abroad, people would have some sympathy for these errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

It's looking likely Hogan attended and didn't isolate for 2 weeks on return from Brussels. He's put numerous members of the staff working at the event as well as other hotel guests in direct danger of the virus and needs removal from his position in Europe if proven true.

More of a chance of seeing pigs fly than that brazen bollix Phil "Trickle" Hogan resigning.

He hasn't got to where he is by being nice anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Jim Root wrote: »
    her tone was all wrong. there is nothing "honourable" about resigning when you are caught out as a self-serving hypocrite.
    Actually in the context of Irish public life, people falling on their own sword and putting their hands up when caught red handed is a rarity. The usual response is to brazenly brass neck it out and cling on for dear life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Won't happen. Not with Leo at the helm. The man lives by polls and the status of his personal profile. Although you're right, the well-being of the people is not generally something that features to any great degree in Irish politics unfortunately.

RTE R1 name-checking Hogan there just now, asking if he should be another who should resign.

He should. He has too. His EU colleagues might push him too.

When people in this country have had to bury loved ones without the support and company of their family and then we have the political classes basically sticking a finger up at them they should resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Sure even IF and that’s bigger IF than old Phil, he resigns, he’ll just get another plum job somewhere else, or even a sideways promotion. Too big to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,702 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Had government figures not been so self righteous about house parties, Berlin Bar and travelling abroad, people would have some sympathy for these errors.

If you're going to hoist a petard you need to make sure there's no chance you'll set it off...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

What? No they wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

17 pages in how many hours??

The lads just went for a few beers. Bit of soakage beforehand so they acted responsibly. Bit of crack. No drink/driving.

Sure you can't be keeping up with the rascals......

So its the government fault they had to warn people about house parties? :P

Some people are great crack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I think it's great what happened as it shows up them assholes for what they are. A classic own goal lol

What was her comment?
    I wager she will say nothing...

She biding her time. It hasn't been reported that she has made any comments yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

I wonder does Von der Leyden have twitter account we can flood with this info on big Phil?

screamer wrote: »
    Sure even IF and that’s bigger IF than old Phil, he resigns, he’ll just get another plum job somewhere else, or even a sideways promotion. Too big to fail.

No one else needs to resign. Calleary took the fall for the lads. Free drink at the next meet up for Calleary

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I'd be hugely surprised if hogan is forced to resign. Having the trade commissioners job is far too important for Ireland and will rank above all else. This is especially true with Brexit on the horizon.

The rest of them don't have high enough profile to matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So its the government fault they had to warn people about house parties? :P

Some people are great crack

Default idiots response right there. "I bet your great craic at parties".

• Advertisement

Billcarson wrote: »
    I think it's great what happened as it shows up them assholes for what they are. A classic own goal lol

Have you met any of them to make that comment>?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement