Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Default idiots response right there. "I bet your great craic at parties".

Best to read the post before trying to comment with an insult. Or maybe you didnt understand it

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Will Phil Hogan also step down?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

I'd be hugely surprised if hogan is forced to resign. Having the trade commissioners job is far too important for Ireland and will rank above all else. This is especially true with Brexit on the horizon.

The rest of them don't have high enough profile to matter.

He doesn’t give one ****e for Ireland he f@cked over the farmers as his parting gift from agriculture in EU by signing the deal with Brazil for cheap as ****e imports of beef. Don’t think he’ll do us any favours with Brexit, going on his past “gifts” Brexit will be a steaming turd in a box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 shipposter

Will he be replaced by Barry Cowen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

It's looking likely Hogan attended and didn't isolate for 2 weeks on return from Brussels. He's put numerous members of the staff working at the event as well as other hotel guests in direct danger of the virus and needs removal from his position in Europe if proven true.

Hence the reason its vital such positions should be elected by the Irish people and not hand selected.

This whole episode proves there are rules for one and rules for another.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I'd be hugely surprised if hogan is forced to resign. Having the trade commissioners job is far too important for Ireland and will rank above all else. This is especially true with Brexit on the horizon.

Hogan's #1 loyalty is to the EU, not Ireland as a commissioner.
    Ireland and the EU's interests don't always align - Mercosur trade deal (Hogan) as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

This would be funny if it wasnt so serious, actually it is funny, funny as fook, after whinging like a baby for not getting a ministerial post he goes out on the Oireachtas golfing circuit

I suppose this IS a good thing for us plebs as we dont really need these type of clowns making decisions.

Note to self, stop voting Fianna FAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

You think Phil is on our side?

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him

• Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully Phil Hogan clarifies when he arrived in the country and from where.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

It's an awful pity that SoR has retired from RTE. It'd be gas listening to him interviewing anyone who attended this event :).

Although I feel he wouldn't have attended if he was still working

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

It makes me sick he wasn't sacked and get's to hold his seat and substantial pension at days end.

I'm fed up telling people this but the only people who can "sack" Calleary are the people who elected him - the FF voters of Mayo. That's how democracy works.

And the same applies to every other elected politician who was at the Clifden kneesup. All that their party leader can do is remove the party whip from the clowns who attended.

screamer wrote: »
    I wonder does Von der Leyden have twitter account we can flood with this info on big Phil?

https://twitter.com/vonderleyen?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Jizique

screamer wrote: »
    I wonder does Von der Leyden have twitter account we can flood with this info on big Phil?

She is busy on important stuff.
    Just send it to Farage if you feel so strongly about it

BRING BACK BARRY COWAN

Hopefully Phil Hogan clarifies when he arrived in the country and from where.

Labour's Aon O'Rearden said on RTE that he saw him in Leinster House last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

This crash will not affect house prices as we saw 10 years ago

No one knows what this crash will look like. Has the potential to make 2008 look like a blip

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The waffler tubridy having a waffle at it now

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Hogan's #1 loyalty is to the EU, not Ireland as a commissioner.
    Ireland and the EU's interests don't always align - Mercosur trade deal (Hogan) as an example.

I suspect Phil’s loyalty is to Phil, just like the rest of them.

Will the people of the west demand another minister ?

Will the people of the west demand another minister ?

Why would they?

• Advertisement

I'm fed up telling people this but the only people who can "sack" Calleary are the people who elected him - the FF voters of Mayo. That's how democracy works.

And the same applies to every other elected politician who was at the Clifden kneesup. All that their party leader can do is remove the party whip from the clowns who attended.

What about senators and Supreme Court judges? We don’t vote for them.

Just get on with it ;)

M

Labour's Aon O'Rearden said on RTE that he saw him in Leinster House last week.

In the clear then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Ya can’t trust people west of the Shannon.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Why would they?

They did already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Jizique wrote: »
    She is busy on important stuff.
    Just send it to Farage if you feel so strongly about it

Nothing is as bad as one of your people making a show of you as a political leader, or in fact any leader. Let’s see if she’s too busy.....

What about senators and Supreme Court judges? We don’t vote for them.

Which is why my post referred to "elected" politicians.

The other yobs are untouchable.

M

Following the RTE narrative, they are still in shock and awe mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭1percent

What was her comment?
    I wager she will say nothing...

Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.

Napoleon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I expect if this true he will have to resign.
    There is no way the EU can allow this from top EU official.
    There was more than one storm in Clifden the other night..

This being the same Phil Hogan who flat out refused to take a token pay cut at the height of our recession, Fine Gael deputy on e110,000 'can't take wage cut'

And while introducing property tax here was in dispute with management in Portugal for charges on his own get away because "he wasn't happy with the service".

Phil Hogan refuses to pay €4k service charges on his Portugal holiday penthouse

But at the same time had no qualms whatsoever about threatening the plebs who either refused of couldn't afford to pay for the clusterfcuk Irish water he had a strong hand in introducing, to reduce their water supplies to "a trickle"

Hogan confirms €240 water charge – and says non-payment will reduce supply to 'a trickle'

Something tells me big Phil will not give a shiny shimmering turd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement