Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

the reason the others wont resign, and Calleary as TD as well, is that they are elected positions; rather than a ministerial position which is nominated by the taoiseach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

screamer wrote: »
    Nothing is as bad as one of your people making a show of you as a political leader, or in fact any leader. Let’s see if she’s too busy.....

The European Parliament reopens on Monday. Hopefully waster MEPs like Mung the Moron, tax thief Wallace and Clare Daly will immediately criticise Commissioner Hogan for his poor judgement. And the Sinn Fein MEPs should too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

You have a point!

McMurphy wrote: »
    BIG PHIL GIVES NO ****S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

In the clear then.
    Well that means at minimum he isolated for two weeks prior to his visit to the Dail a week ago, shouldn't be too hard to find out!
    Do Commisioners get special immunity from travel restrictions and the actual disease I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

She biding her time. It hasn't been reported that she has made any comments yet.

She is biding her time for last 6 months after getting a mandate from the people she disappeared. She should be calling for an election and put a proper Government in place, whats going on is simply silly...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Ya can’t trust people west of the Shannon.

Was O'Cuiv at it does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heimdallr

feelings wrote: »
    Any minister, senator or TD who attended should resign immediately.

If they do not resign they need to be sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

She is biding her time for last 6 months after getting a mandate from the people she disappeared. She should be calling for an election and put a proper Government in place, whats going on is simply silly...

How could you hold an election during a surge in a global pandemic and on the eve of reopening schools.

Was O'Cuiv at it does anyone know?

I wouldn't think so. He is on the outside looking in now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

the reason the others wont resign, and Calleary as TD as well, is that they are elected positions; rather than a ministerial position which is nominated by the taoiseach.
    The only other one I heard of in a position is Buttimer, leas-cathaoirleach of the Seanad.
    Out ya go, Jerry.

PS can a nominated senator be made resign seat - I know the nominally elected ones (by our betters) can't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    This being the same Phil Hogan who flat out refused to take a token pay cut at the height of our recession, Fine Gael deputy on e110,000 'can't take wage cut'

And while introducing property tax here was in dispute with management in Portugal for charges on his own get away because "he wasn't happy with the service".

Phil Hogan refuses to pay €4k service charges on his Portugal holiday penthouse

But at the same time had no qualms whatsoever about threatening the plebs who either refused of couldn't afford to pay for the clusterfcuk Irish water he had a strong hand in introducing, to reduce their water supplies to "a trickle"

Hogan confirms €240 water charge – and says non-payment will reduce supply to 'a trickle'

Something tells me big Phil will not give a shiny shimmering turd.

What has a TD holiday got to do with this? Maybe try to keep personal/professional life seperate

Hogan was 100% right, people should have been made pay for Irish Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Can Hogan be sacked by the Irish government, or is he now a full EU employee and if so, who could sack him if they wished to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

He should. He has too. His EU colleagues might push him too.

When people in this country have had to bury loved ones without the support and company of their family and then we have the political classes basically sticking a finger up at them they should resign.

You are 100% correct. The people have been fantastic and are badly let down by a number of politicians and members of the judiciary. Calleary has fallen on his sword but I really think the Judges who were present should stand down as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I was delighted and had a good laugh when I heard about this Clifden do,
    This is exactly what us general public needed to show that we are being had by this circus known as a 'government'.
    Manna from heaven! ;)

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What has a TD holiday got to do with this? Maybe try to keep personal/professional life seperate

Hogan was 100% right, people should have been made pay for Irish Water.

He is a hypocrite. Didn't see anything wrong with avoiding property related taxes in Portugal while pushing them through here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

I wouldn't think so. He is on the outside looking in now

Will he get the Ag job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

I expect if this true he will have to resign.
    There is no way the EU can allow this from top EU official.

Don,t be silly he wont resign and he will have the backing of the EU to keep his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

The lack of judgement on an easy decision, is unreal, it makes me wonder how many bad calls they make every day, two agriculture ministers gone within 7 weeks, and brought down by themselves. Public confidence, while never very high. I'm beginning to think it is not poor judgment, just extreme arrogance.

cocoman wrote: »
    Will he get the Ag job?

Not a chance as he was against the formation of this government

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The only other one I heard of in a position is Buttimer, leas-cathaoirleach of the Seanad.
    Out ya go, Jerry.

PS can a nominated senator be made resign seat - I know the nominally elected ones (by our betters) can't.
    But Jerry has apologised so thats o.k. What a gob****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Laughable listening to some of the commentary on Mayo's Midwest radio. A lot of people texting in saying they thought he shouldn't have resigned. The focus seems to be on who else will go, now that we have lost a minister.

And that is why Irish Politics will always be wink wink, be grand, brown envelopes..

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    They seem to have completely forgotten the rule of collective cabinet responsibility. Hmm.
    They'd want to perhaps stop having one eye on superfluous popularity polls and keep both eyes on the safety and wellbeing of the people of this country.

You have a very high opinion of our politicians.
    I am afraid you are misguided.

Leo's nomination as AG in 2007 was in attendance at this function.

He is a hypocrite. Didn't see anything wrong with avoiding property related taxes in Portugal while pushing them through here.

Would you pay for something that wasn't up to standard??

Do people in Ireladn just roll over and pay for substandard without complaining? if he paid for a service at a certain standard and it wasnt at that standard he is 100% right not to pay

Do you disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Gerry wont let her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭PressRun

Seamus Woulfe has to go. He was involved in drawing up the new restrictions ffs.

Here’s the entire guest list - follow the thread.

https://twitter.com/barringtonjf/status/1296573766605123585?s=21

Just quoting this again so we can find out who these people are. Are any of them sitting on “boards” (not this board, we’re great) and receiving payment from the public purse?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Would you pay for something that wasn't up to standard??

Do people in Ireladn just roll over and pay for substandard without complaining? if he paid for a service at a certain standard and it wasnt at that standard he is 100% right not to pay

Do you disagree?

He is an idiot. The government were pushing through property taxes here and he wouldn't pay property related charges for a property he owned. I am not happy as the road has a pothole on it outside my gate. Should I stop paying the property tax as clearly the council are not providing me with a service I pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

How could you hold an election during a surge in a global pandemic and on the eve of reopening schools.

The point is she is saying nothing, if we cannot have election she should be asking to form National Government and as soon as possible have an Election.
    This is a shambles and as you rightly say in the middle of global pandemic.
    Its her job to hold Government to account and put it right.

Just quoting this again so we can find out who these people are. Are any of them sitting on “boards” (not this board, we’re great) and receiving payment from the public purse?

So much for GDPR.

I hope and expect the Garda get the information from twitter and arrest that person. Bring the full force of the law against them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Who is next for the boot I wonder?
    Seamus Woulfe maybe? Considering he was involved in drafting the legislation lol
    Phil Hogan id say they will have to drag him out on that EU job by his fingernails..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement