Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

He is an idiot. The government were pushing through property taxes here and he wouldn't pay property related charges for a property he owned. I am not happy as the road has a pothole on it outside my gate. Should I stop paying the property tax as clearly the council are not providing me with a service I pay for

Well he clearly isn't an idiot.

SO you think he should just pay because, actually I have no idea what your point is? if the service was not up to standard you don't pay. Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Would you pay for something that wasn't up to standard??

Do people in Ireladn just roll over and pay for substandard without complaining? if he paid for a service at a certain standard and it wasnt at that standard he is 100% right not to pay

Do you disagree?

If it was the normal arrangements of a management company Hogan is also a shareholder. He would have a legal obligation to pay his share of the management fee. Issues about lack of service can be dealt with by addressing them with management or raising at the A.G.M.
    Not the thick ****ing **** "I wont pay" attitude so prevalent with Irish people

So much for GDPR.

I hope and expect the Garda get the information from twitter and arrest that person. Bring the full force of the law against them

It was a seating plan in an hotel on show for anyone to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So much for GDPR.

I hope and expect the Garda get the information from twitter and arrest that person. Bring the full force of the law against them
    Tbh I don't think you understand GDPR

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

gmisk wrote: »
    Who is next for the boot I wonder?
    Seamus Woulfe maybe? Considering he was involved in drafting the legislation lol
    Phil Hogan id say they will have to drag him out on that EU job by his fingernails..

Impeaching a judge, let alone a supreme court Judge fraught with complications, he'd have to be impeached to be got rid off and I just can't see that happening & can't see him resigning.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

McMurphy wrote: »
    This being the same Phil Hogan who flat out refused to take a token pay cut at the height of our recession, Fine Gael deputy on e110,000 'can't take wage cut'

And while introducing property tax here was in dispute with management in Portugal for charges on his own get away because "he wasn't happy with the service".

Phil Hogan refuses to pay €4k service charges on his Portugal holiday penthouse

But at the same time had no qualms whatsoever about threatening the plebs who either refused of couldn't afford to pay for the clusterfcuk Irish water he had a strong hand in introducing, to reduce their water supplies to "a trickle"

Hogan confirms €240 water charge – and says non-payment will reduce supply to 'a trickle'

Something tells me big Phil will not give a shiny shimmering turd.

what is the connection between a service charge for a property and property taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Well he clearly isn't an idiot.

SO you think he should just pay because, actually I have no idea what your point is? if the service was not up to standard you don't pay. Simples

Idiots, we are all posting here and no-one gives a ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Would you pay for something that wasn't up to standard??

Do people in Ireladn just roll over and pay for substandard without complaining? if he paid for a service at a certain standard and it wasnt at that standard he is 100% right not to pay

Do you disagree?

**Whoosh**

Yet again.

It was a seating plan in an hotel on show for anyone to see.

"Saint" Sean O Rourke. Ex R.T.E. also present. "Circle the wagons. In coming Incoming"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

You have a very high opinion of our politicians.
    I am afraid you are misguided.

Leo's nomination as AG in 2007 was in attendance at this function.

More pointing out sarcastically that no, they never have our wellbeing at the centre of what they do.

It's simply about the obtaining and holding of power ultimately for their own and their circles benefit hence this example of FG being in govt while spending more time eyeing up the opportunity to increase their chances of holding ultimate power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

FF are absolutely finished in Mayo. Both Calleary & Chambers have been banished to the gulag.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

One of the questions to be asked is did the Minister (and the others) attend because they believe:

A. the rules don't apply to them only to the plebs or

B. the rules themselves are nonsense

Take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭eggy81

What has a TD holiday got to do with this? Maybe try to keep personal/professional life seperate

Hogan was 100% right, people should have been made pay for Irish Water.

Nah. That's what usc and property tax was supposedly brought in for. The Irish water thing was just so we could introduce a new semi state with a board on 6 figure salaries and the fee was to pay them.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    More pointing out sarcastically that no, they never have our wellbeing at the centre of what they do.

It's simply about the obtaining and holding of power ultimately for their own and their circles benefit hence this example of FG being in govt while spending more time eyeing up the opportunity to increase their chances of holding ultimate power.

Open the pubs

what is the connection between a service charge for a property and property taxes?

They both have “property” in them I’m expecting as the answer :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

They have a decision to make. They’re either with us, the normal people in this country who have had to sacrifice or they’re against us.

Whomever name checks social media on behalf of Varadkar, Harris, et al should tell them to hurry up and pick whose side they’re on. Silence on this is telling too and not in a good way.

Neale Richmond of FG another lad good to take shot at other is silent so far. Musta talked about the Berlin bar 2/3 times the other day including sharing a video.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

any more resignations. See Judge Seamus Woulfe attended. I am expecting his resignation (or retirement) to be published on courts.ie

Edgware wrote: »
    Open the pubs

Yes killing people at a lot bigger percentage is the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

any more resignations. See Judge Seamus Woulfe attended. I am expecting his resignation (or retirement) to be published on courts.ie
    I think it might be a bit early for a retirement he is only in the job a few weeks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So much for GDPR.

You're blaming the person for the video? You're literally advocating SS style policing. Where was the policing of the event at the hotel?Your reputation on this site is forever gone. This is the hill you die on.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    Neale Richmond of FG another lad good to take shot at other is silent so far. Musta talked about the Berlin bar 2/3 times the other day including sharing a video.

Probably consulting with Jennifer O Neill to see where they can bring Bobby Storey in to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Courtesy of another thread - GUBU is here again

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1296702332093202432

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    FF are absolutely finished in Mayo. Both Calleary & Chambers have been banished to the gulag.
    Oh if only we could get that lovely Enda Kenny back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Wonder who in attendance had the best handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I assume the Oireachtas Golfing Society is not taxpayer funded. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

KevRossi wrote: »
    Can Hogan be sacked by the Irish government, or is he now a full EU employee and if so, who could sack him if they wished to?

Well it seems he cannot be sacked by the Irish government, but we can recommend his sacking to the European Court of Justice who would rule on this. They don't have to sack him, but would he stay on or resign?

Knowing Hogan he would not resign, unless offered as job as 'advisor' to some company or other private organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

KevRossi wrote: »
    Well it seems he cannot be sacked by the Irish government, but we can recommend his sacking to the European Court of Justice who would rule on this. They don't have to sack him, but would he stay on or resign?

Knowing Hogan he would not resign, unless offered as job as 'advisor' to some company or other private organisation.

The test for democracy right there....
    can we get rid of the b******ds... No

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

When FF got the Housing and Health portfolios, I thought that was going to be tough. They still have them to balls up of course. Agri – who’d have thought it?
    This story still has some legs on it. Can’t imagine Calleary will be the only casualty.

On the positive side, it really does look like we are getting to a stage that, if in public life, when you f&ck up like this, you just go. No hanging around pleading your case, making it worse. Just go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Surely the position of the Ambassador of Morrocco is untenable, let's get our priorities straight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Father Ted qoute:
    "That used to be quite common, you know? The favourite son would become a doctor, and the idiot brother would be sent off to the priesthood."

I often think this applies to joining FF.

They never appear to be the brightest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement