Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Sinn Fein will love this one

Were there any SF folks in this golf society dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

FF are imploding, it has all gone horribly wrong for them, I take no joy in saying it but they have only themselves to blame....

That’s what happens when you cling to power at any cost, when you know very well in your heart you should leave but cling on you will.
    A leader who no one folllows is no leader.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Pathetically, the Mayo Moron appears to believe that an apology will save him. I used to think that Enda Kenny was the thickest TD in Mayo since Beverley Looper Flynn lost her seat. It's now clear that I was doing him an injustice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

We're there any SF folks in this golf society dinner?

Closest I read was Workers Party and Lorraine Higgins from Labour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Closest I read was Workers Party and Lorraine Higgins from Labour.

Closest hahah

The answer is No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Minister of Ag post must be cursed in 2020. Who will be the next victim?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Leo must be laughing senceless behind the scenes

I hope he's not. He's just as complicit in my eyes. He said handing the government to FF would be like handing the FAI back to John Delaney. He handed it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,681 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Its ok. When I see Calleary I think under that skin theres a reptilian... probably immune from covid.
    Did anyone see the menu?
    Did it mention live prey?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Minister of Ag post must be cursed in 2020. Who will be the next victim?

Whoever it is will be getting a resignation letter template at the same time as their seal of office

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Closest hahah

The answer is No

Good. Didn't go through the whole guest list. Got as far as the ambassador from Morocco or Tunisia and moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

No fan of Data Calleary but surely this is bigger than that.

Does the Oirechtas cover all of our elected representatives, Dail, Seanad, President etc. How on earth could anyone thing this was appropriate to organise let alone attend is mind boggling.

How can the politicians expect public buy in when they don't follow the restrictions themselves.

No fan of FG but things really appear to becoming a complete ****show since FF have taken the driving seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Covid really has exposed our political system and the poor calibre of our politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Leo must be laughing senceless behind the scenes

Plenty of FGers there too. Leo would be best going shopping and saying nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I find this as, if not more disgraceful, than the Berlin D2 cluster **** and think that everyone concerned is an absolute ficktard that deserves nothing but contempt

Without a shadow of a doubt its disgraceful, actually its worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

screamer wrote: »
    That’s what happens when you cling to power at any cost, when you know very well in your heart you should leave but cling on you will.
    A leader who no one folllows is no leader.......

Ya, the old party of power used to be a lot slicker than this though...

They have a huge demographic problem, they've just had a very poor election back in January, that may well prove to be their best for some time....they are at each others throats since they got back in power, it is all unseemly!!!

The issue for us is how much damage they are going to do, it can't be easy to lead the country at this time, none of us need this instability.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Were there any SF folks in this golf society dinner?

I think golf society is bit above the Sinn Fein candidates . Ud have better chance finding them at diesel laundry , discussing there next import of drugs or counting there Northern Ireland bank money .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

No fan of Data Calleary but surely this is bigger than that.

Does the Oirechtas cover all of our elected representatives, Fail, Seanad, President etc. How on earth could anyone thing this was appropriate to organise let alone attend is mind boggling.

How can the politicians expect public buy in when they don't follow the restrictions themselves.

No fan of FG but things really appear to becbeccoming a complete ****show since FF have taken the driving seat.
    The event was organised by the President of the society and former Fianna Fáil TD Donie Cassidy

Proper old school ignorant FF stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Covid really has exposed our political system and the poor calibre of our politicians.

Predominantly FF politicians. They're an absolute shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

Saying he was there to pay tribute to someone he respected . While the rest of us sticking with restrictions and advice. He should definitely step down or be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Don't change FF, if nothing else you give us a laugh when you're in government

• Advertisement

If Catherine Martin has a pair of balls in her dungarees then she should insist that MM gives Calleary the Michael Cawley treatment. And Baldy Donnelly must back her up.

Presumably the thick necked Mayo mucker used his taxpayer-funded car and driver to bring him (and his unfortunate wife) to and from the knees up - on the basis that it was "gubberment business" .

Exactly. The message has to be consistent. If they turn a blind eye to this, it will be reflected in wider non compliance by the public.

I cannot understate how important optics and perception are in the battle against Covid.

Two of the most important things from our public representatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's kind of nostalgic looking at FF properly fook themselves up, reminds me of such great ministers before as Martin Cullen, Jim McDaid, Ivor Callely. I wonder will Calleary play the old game of steady as she goes and hope it goes away?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

This is him defending the restrictions on Newstalk on Tuesday. Of course, he talks about personal responsibility a lot. It really is incredible how these people are in charge https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-the-hard-shoulder/covid-restrictions-dara-calleary

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I think golf society is bit above the Sinn Fein candidates . Ud have better chance finding them at diesel laundry , discussing there next import of drugs or counting there Northern Ireland bank money .

What have Sinn Féin got to do with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Should the title of this thread be changed to read "Former Minister for Agriculture ..........."?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 35,074 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The Oireachtas Golf Society = Our betters.

I thought there was a suspiciously large number of golf w@nkers hanging around our hotel yesterday....

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

smurgen wrote: »
    I hope he's not. He's just as complicit in my eyes. He said handing the government to FF would be like handing the FAI back to John Delaney. He handed it to them.

Wouldn’t agree I don’t here anyone blaming Leo for any mishaps since Michae’l started at driving seat .
    Leo gave all this free money , had the whole country in his hands before he left . I think fg will walk the next election and that might be sooner rather than later .

What about all the people that want to pay their respects to somebody that has died. But they can’t because of current restrictions.

Every single attendee should be named and **** off from dipping into the public purse forevermore.

This is sickening.

• Advertisement

It's as hollow and insincere as it gets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement