Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You knew the names because some other idiot took photos and stuck them on the web

You cannot just take photos of a list of names and stick them on the web without the approval of the person or the company

Did these people send out a official release saying they are attending this event?
    Or did they give approval people could put their names on the internet?

I think you should google GDPR

Bizarre thing to care about. Are you somehow affected by this?

And I'd wager every cent I have this isn't against GDPR whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

was that Sarah lol
    The JAYSUS yes she apologised lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I wonder if many turned down the invitation, if they are a politician it was a shrewd move.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

what personal data? We already knew their names?

Google GDPR and then come back to us.

Agreed, GDPR broken my A$$, the dogs in the Street know who was in attendance as so the Gardai, name disclosure not an issue, personal details, contact numbers, DOB, address etc etc would be an issue

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

And I think that you should make yourself a nice cup of camomile tea and go for a lie down.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

I wonder if many turned down the invitation, if they are a politician it was a shrewd move.

If they did they wouldn't be shy about letting is know....

I would say a tonne turned it down.
    I know there are emails sent to everyone in our place about golf society etc.

You would think someone might have told them it was a bad idea....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭dere34

The Berlin Wall fell 31 years ago. The GDPR no longer exists. It's now the Bundesrepublik Deutschland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

gmisk wrote: »
    He isn't gone he is still a senator

Exactly, no one has resigned, they're just shirking some responsibilities and taking on a cushier position

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Ha ha did anyone hear Sarah McInerney say JESUS loudly when it went to a break?!? Lol

Yes, she's the best and is going to be sorely missed :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

“Trickle” Hogan might have pressure put on him to resign.
    Would be delicious.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    She is fantastic Claire Byrne is such a boring choice

He isn't gone he is still a senator

Impressive. However, he has resigned his post as Leas Cathaoirleach of Seanad Eireann. Anyone know what the annual allowance is for that gig?

EDIT €25,357.

You knew the names because some other idiot took photos and stuck them on the web

You cannot just take photos of a list of names and stick them on the web without the approval of the person or the company

Did these people send out a official release saying they are attending this event?
    Or did they give approval people could put their names on the internet?

Imagine trying to defend the indefensible. No, me neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

"Jaysus" is the best summary of this summer so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

give over, a little perspective is needed here.

Perspective?

If those who make the law, ignore the law, what repercussions can they lash out to others for doing likewise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Dempo1 wrote: »

She's definitely an excellent presenter but she doesn't buy into the golden circle like the Sean O'Rourkes and Pat Kenny's of this world so no way was she getting the gig long term.

Exactly, no one has resigned, they're just shirking some responsibilities and taking on a cushier position

Yep and waving goodbye to a €25K annual allowance. Only small beer for the likes of you and me of course, but I'd say he'll miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

She is fantastic Claire Byrne is such a boring choice

But has been well mentored by Gaybo in the past, her timing and style of interviewing often remind me of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

There's only one word to describe 2 Ministers resigning, not just from a new government, but from the same post...

Oh, and a former Attorney General and current newly appointed Supreme Court judge!!

GUBU.

How very GUBU of you Séamus. Woulfe in sheep's clothing.

• Advertisement

She's definitely an excellent presenter but she doesn't buy into the golden circle like the Sean O'Rourkes and Pat Kenny's of this world so no way was she getting the gig long term.
    She also doesn't have the same agent/management as pretty much all the "talent" on RTE....Claire Byrne does... coincidentally...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

larva wrote: »
    This would be funny if it wasnt so serious, actually it is funny, funny as fook

It's NOT funny at all when you're staying in this hotel with kids and elderly mother-in-law. If we'd thought there was any chance of an event like this happening, we'd have cancelled our holiday.

I'm fcuking raging :mad:

Note to self, stop voting Fianna FAIL

The events of 2008 didn't convince you?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Imagine trying to defend the indefensible. No, me neither.

Who is defending it?

Just saying you cant stick up a list of names for a private event on the web.....

It was a stupid event which should have been cancelled on Tuesday evening with the new guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Can we get Ivor Callely back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭facehugger99

My Dutch friend just sent me a link to Calleary resignation. He was saying their PM didn't visit his dying mother because it was against the rules at the time. That's setting an example. This government needs to go it's a shambles.

Certainly is - just not in the way you think.

What an arsehole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Can we get Ivor Callely back?

Next min for ag.

Who is defending it?

Just saying you cant stick up a list of names for a private event on the web.....

It was a stupid event which should have been cancelled on Tuesday evening with the new guidelines
    For the hundredth time......that does not break GDPR rules....

Btw....It also broke the guidelines which were in place since june

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

ec-president-vdl@ec.europa.eu

Phil Hogan's boss. Let her know how you feel about this.

Yes let's all do what we can to reduce Ireland's influence in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I'd completely forgotten that Calleary is also FF deputy leader. Best and brightest eh? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

McMurphy wrote: »
    Perspective?

If those who make the law, ignore the law, what repercussions can they lash out to others for doing likewise?

i'm not sure anyone is getting punishment lashed out.
    Also, i haven't seen any member of the public going to a local bar that isn't 100% obeying these crazy rules having to resign.
    You know the old saying. becareful what you wish for.
    You'll end up with only ppp and sinn fein policians and of course they are squeeky clean.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement