Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Who is defending it?

Just saying you cant stick up a list of names for a private event on the web.....

It was a stupid event which should have been cancelled on Tuesday evening with the new guidelines

The list was on public display in the hotel...... if there was any breach of GDPR it’s not the people publishing it online.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Certainly is - just not in the way you think.

What an arsehole.

You're implying the Dutch PM was an arsehole for refusing to ignore the covid restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Who is defending it?

Just saying you cant stick up a list of names for a private event on the web.....

It was a stupid event which should have been cancelled on Tuesday evening with the new guidelines

Says who?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

quokula wrote: »
    Yes let's all do what we can to reduce Ireland's influence in Europe.

you assume he has Irelands best interests at heart

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Who is defending it?

You can. As you can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Who is defending it?

Here, because you're too lazy to do it yourself

https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/news-media/blogs/does-gdpr-really-say-attendee-lists-and-name-tags

Let's also not forget these are public figures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

You knew the names because some other idiot took photos and stuck them on the web

You cannot just take photos of a list of names and stick them on the web without the approval of the person or the company

Did these people send out a official release saying they are attending this event?
    Or did they give approval people could put their names on the internet?

I think you should google GDPR

Were you on to the Data Commissioner Shefwedfan, she will be releasing a statement saying that the real crime here was publishing the names of the attendees, all the other stuff is just unfortunate but simple guideline breaches.

If you think for a moment Hogan influences in Europe on Irelands behalf- one word Mercosur.
    Influence like his is influence we don’t need.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ministers for Agriculture are the new Spinal tap drummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Certainly is - just not in the way you think.

What an arsehole.

Yeah the looney left snowflake Dutch PM not going to a hospital during the height of the pandemic where he could have spread disease and killed many people. It's PC gone mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭josip

Phil Hogan definitely has to resign now also.
    And I'd be a fairly staunch FGer.
    I even voted for him back in 89.

From Phil Hogan's Wiki Page about his resignation in the 90s.

Hogan was quoted as saying that "he [had] no regrets about his decision to resign. My only concern in all of this is to ensure that the integrity of the government is maintained.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Hogan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Non fortuna homines aestimabo, sed moribus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Please there's only one thing that piece of **** cares about as and it's not ireland....

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Too late now, they gave two fingers to us plebs adhering to the guidelines and the political guillotine is swinging. Phil Hogan's oversized neck next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Yeah the looney left snowflake Dutch PM not going to a hospital during the height of the pandemic where he could have spread disease and killed many people. It's PC gone mad.

Just FYI, you're arguing with someone who spends about 23 hours a day in covid threads berating any form of restriction / mask wearing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

It was a stupid event which should have been cancelled months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Yes lets let him get away with it. His actions will help reduce the population of Ireland because of the spread of Covid 19.

If this guy gets away with it and he represents our influence in Europe then god help us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,349 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I can't understand this "lapse of judgment" nonsense

Covid is now 6 months in.

How are these educated and influential people this silly and unwise?

And telling us where we can go and who we can and can't see

Business closing left, right and centre for months now...

I am lost here...

And Calleray, the arrogance and self-entitlement of that man.....demanding positions in government.....

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I withdraw all the praise I heaped on Sean O'Rourke on his retirement if he refuses to respond to his successor's invitation to explain himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just FYI, you're arguing with someone who spends about 23 hours a day in covid threads berating any form of restriction / mask wearing etc.

their username checks out so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Should the hotel be investigated too?

Apparently, the gardaí are carrying out investigations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Too late now, they gave two fingers to us plebs adhering to the guidelines and the political guillotine is swinging. Phil Hogan's oversized neck next.

Selective quoting....ahh you have to love boards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,600 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I withdraw all the praise I heaped on Sean O'Rourke on his retirement if he refuses to respond to his successor's invitation to explain himself.

I'm sure he'll be devastated to hear that :rolleyes:

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Apparently, the gardaí are carrying out investigations.

Operation Gag- the establishment don’t have to comment, make the public sick.

You do realize you are break GDPR. Not only you but boards can be sued for putting up people personal data.

How do you not understand this?

Oh go boil your head!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Phil with a grovelling apology :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/PhilHoganEU/status/1296748599934685184
    https://twitter.com/PhilHoganEU/status/1296748601583063040

Bet he stayed for the ****ing meal though...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hogan blaming the hotel:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

She does. She announced it at start of show

My bad. Didn't hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

"Table 4: Dr. Michael Harty."

This is the GP and former independent TD who voted for Enda and was rewarded with the job of Chairman of the Oireachtas joint health committee. A credit to his profession.

From Clare. The first county outside Dublin which had Covid 19, ironically due to a doctor and his family returning from his skiing holiday in Italy. Absolutely incredible Harty attended the shindig in Clifden. You'd imagine he would have been advising the others to abide by the restrictions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Phil with a grovelling apology :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/PhilHoganEU/status/1296748599934685184
    https://twitter.com/PhilHoganEU/status/1296748601583063040

Bet he stayed for the ****ing meal though...

Such obvious indignation. Not a shred of integrity. I thought politicians were meant to be leading, not following blindly.

None of this absolves him of responsibility

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement