Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I actually cannot get over how stupid this was on their behalf. The lack of self awareness is staggering.

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    What does it mean for Leo to remove the whip from FG senators?

Anyone? I have no idea what the whip means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Hogan's going to try and brazen this out. He must be accountable for his actions.

Unfortunately he is not accountable to the Irish people for his actions. He was selected for his role of commissioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    glad calleary is gone, incredibly dull man

Is he going to be removed as deputy leader ?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

flynnlives wrote: »
    You can be confident hogan didnt comply with 14 days quarantine.

He says he arrived in "late July" hmmm why not be specific Phil and give us the date?

Alan Kelly said this morning on some station that he saw Hogan wandering around Leinster House so as far as he's concerned he wasn't complying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Yes, Sarah mentioned him at start of show. And she offered an invitation to anybody who attended the dinner to come on the show.

And nobody did. That's the level of respect these yokes have for the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The blueshirts are handling this well so far, Varadkar removing the whip from all concerned, very strong twittering from Harris, easy to see they have been around the trough for a while.

The soldiers floundering and flailing about aimlessly like desperate swimmers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭endainoz

Harris getting on board now aswell, it's blatantly obvious what FG are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Radio gold on RTE one, just brilliant, Regina Doherty just threw Hogan and education minister under a Bulldozer, let alone a buss.

I'm wondering will Michael Martin just lockdown down entire country later, find a hole to hide in for a month or so :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Alan Kelly said this morning on some station that he saw Hogan wandering around Leinster House so as far as he's concerned he wasn't complying.

If true he's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Classy sign off from Sarah McInerney that was a cracking show!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bet he stayed for the ****ing meal though...

My wife saw him at a table at breakfast on Thursday morning

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

It is a bit ironic listening to the ad on RTE radio with Sarah outlining the goverment guidelines.. I expected a line at the end say " this only applies to the little people"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

If true he's gone.
    I think that's why he was vague on the date "late July".
    So he was at leinster house last week...and reports he was spotted at the K club...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Kicked out of the parliamentary party in essence. It is the strongest disciplinary action available to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Effectively no longer governed by party rules, can vote whatever way they want on any issue that comes up.

The whip has other meanings as well but I won't go into that here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Has anyone on Radio 1 commented on Sean O'Rourke?
    He very recently retired from RTE which is fortunate for him in the sense of not having to account for his actions which, were he still a prominent employee of the state broadcaster, he would be required to do. Then again, maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

mick087 wrote: »
    Unfortunately he is not accountable to the Irish people for his actions. He was selected for his role of commissioner.

Never accountable for his actions, even when a TD. A big bluffing goon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Actually, someone with such moronic language must also be considered such.

Why thank you ... I too have been riveted by you contributions

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

endainoz wrote: »

They've been doing this from the very start. They cant believe their luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    The blueshirts are handling this well so far, Varadkar removing the whip from all concerned, very strong twittering from Harris, easy to see they have been around the trough for a while.

In fairness pulling up the ladder doesn't really take a lot of planning. It's just that MM is so unsteady in his leadership of a divided party that he always has to react instead of act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

endainoz wrote: »

I hope they continue - FG were so much better at the helm for this crisis than this mockery we are currently living through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Cute Hoor wrote: »

Actually thought the Harris tweet was very weak. He should have used much stronger language. His tone should have been harsher than it was for the Berlin bar incident, but it wasn't.

Leo's response was more far more appropriate.

Tippex wrote: »
    full thread from Leo

"The event organised by the Oireachtas Golf Society should not have happened. I understand how extremely difficult the restrictions have been for people and the enormous sacrifices we have all made
    Funerals, christenings, weddings, family holidays and other really important family occasions have been foregone to protect each other and the most vulnerable. As representatives we should lead by example.
    In recognition of the seriousness of this matter, I have removed the party whip from Senators Jerry Buttimer, Paddy Burke and John Cummins. Senator Jerry Buttimer has also resigned his position as Leas-Chathaoirleach of the Seanad.
    All have apologised profusely and accept they made a serious error of judgment."

Just had a bád unforgettable image of Dara Calleary up on the bar in a gimp outfit pouring shots (swill) into the mouths of the mileage expense weary piggies....

Would make a great political cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Did they dig trickle out yet?they might have to send in the terriers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

So I’m guessing the Fianna Fáil rounders society dinner this Saturday in Naas is off.

Actually thought the Harris tweet was very weak. He should have used much stronger language. His tone should have been harsher than it was for the Berlin bar incident, but it wasn't.

Leo's response was more far more appropriate.

Nó, Simon Harris is a good lad and knows his place. Would be unprofessional of him to outshine party leader and Tánaiste. If only more TDs knew their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Missed Radio 1. What was said?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Is Eamon Ryan asleep again or have any idea what is going on or is he waiting for himself or one of his tree huggers to put their size 12s in again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Nó, Simon Harris is a good lad and knows his place. Would be unprofessional of him to outshine party leader and Tánaiste. If only more TDs knew their place.

He might be worried that he will end up back with the health job if this keeps going the way it is!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement