Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭endainoz

They've been doing this from the very start. They cant believe their luck

Yeah it's really going their way lately, had a decent increase in support on their handling of the pandemic then stepped aside at the right time. They are getting ready for another election for sure, maybe people will think twice before giving those corrupt shower of idiots a chance again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Just had a bád unforgettable image of Dara Calleary up on the bar in a gimp outfit pouring shots (swill) into the mouths of the mileage expense weary piggies....

Would make a great political cartoon.
    Can you imagine the milage dermot morgan would get out of this on scrap Saturday.

Would make the milage milage expenses for the golf outing look like chicken feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Pity Ivan Yates retired too. He would have enjoyed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I actually cannot get over how stupid this was on their behalf. The lack of self awareness is staggering.

It’s not self awareness.
    It’s pure arrogance that got them there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Jimi H wrote: »
    Missed Radio 1. What was said?

JAYSUS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Is Eamon Ryan asleep again or have any idea what is going on or is he waiting for himself or one of his tree huggers to put their size 12s in again?

Who ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Poor auld Phil seems to end up in trouble anytime he goes for a game of golf

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/hogan-says-he-has-no-recollection-of-o-brien-meeting-1.366652

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

What happened on Radio 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

A lot of anger out there. Lady on NT at the moment making a lot of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Gods Gift wrote: »
    So I’m guessing the Fianna Fáil rounders society dinner this Saturday in Naas is off.

Postponed until Sunday. Saturday is the FF meat factory cocktail night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Leo should pull the pin know before FFs antics draws them further into the mire. An election now should return a strong majority for them but the longer they continue with the mess that FF are in with MM as leader the more they become the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Is Eamon Ryan asleep again or have any idea what is going on or is he waiting for himself or one of his tree huggers to put their size 12s in again?

Ryan probably reckons "nothing to do with me".

Never mind that he's one of the leaders of the same Government to which some of these attendees belong.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

she is right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Shes bang on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭josip

Akabusi wrote: »
    Leo should pull the pin know before FFs antics draws them further into the mire. An election now should return a strong majority for them but the longer they continue with the mess that FF are in with MM as leader the more they become the same.

Ah, but who would prop them up in govt?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Akabusi wrote: »

Lol.

He's probably as well off staying out of it as long as he can, let his coalition parties implosions continue as long as possible without his assistance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Dominic Cummings writing a cover letter and elevator pitch to Merrion Street right now. Fortunes to be made in the Wild West of West Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

There is definitely a slow burning anger beginning to emerge from this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

This woman is making great points on Newstalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerianam

Yes.. I was at a funeral were the grandkids had to wait outside the church because the limit was only enough for the immediate family...so yes these are self entitled ****in ***** . A ****in golf event ......pure ****in skum

I understand where you are coming from. I attended funerals and the doors of the church were closed once twenty people went in, leaving grieving people standing outside. My heart ached for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PixieValentine

There is definitely a slow burning anger beginning to emerge from this.

Oh, I don’t even think it’s slow-burning at all. I’ve seen nothing but outright fury over this from the moment the story broke. And every single one of the idiots who attended fully deserve it, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Gerianam wrote: »
    I understand where you are coming from. I attended funerals and the doors of the church were closed once twenty people went in, leaving grieving people standing outside. My heart ached for them.

And trickle below in clifden chomping steak and waffling sh1te.
    And he blames the hotel when he’s caught out the gombeen

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Aside from the obvious breaking of restrictions it seems those who attended clearly were not worried about becoming infected. Many there would've been in the over 65 age range. What's that about?
    Maybe they know something we don't and Covid is not as dangerous as we are being told.
    I certainly would not be attending any functions like that out of fear of picking up and spreading Covid.
    I hope this point isn't forgotten in all the drama. The very people highlighting the danger of this virus to the public don't themselves seem to regard it as dangerous at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

gmisk wrote: »
    Classy sign off from Sarah McInerney that was a cracking show!

She was fantastic, as usual. That sign off was pure class. I have been a fan of Sarah since she used to appear regularly on TV3 with Vincent Brown. She was always excellent.....sometimes she very ably chaired the programme in his absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Listen to this dope now on newstalk. Move on??? Calm down?? The hotel??? Ask me hole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Martin Brett, vice chairman of Kilkenny County Council has apologised for being there.

It seems he’s another lad who lacks the ability to think for himself.

Bullsh!t excuse he used, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

One of the biggest points for me is that a Former AG who was involved in drafting CV-19 legislation thought it was OK to attend this meeting.
    If his judgement is so seriously impaired that even when he arrived and saw 80+ people in attendance and still thought it was fine to stay, he isn't fit to be a judge. IMHO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement