Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

MM best Taoiseach in years.....he has the balls to fire ministers when they mess up.

Leo on the other hand not a word about Phil hogan........sure he’s my friend...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

CJhaughey wrote: »
    One of the biggest points for me is that a Former AG who was involved in drafting CV-19 legislation thought it was OK to attend this meeting.
    If his judgement is so seriously impaired that even when he arrived and saw 80+ people in attendance and still thought it was fine to stay, he isn't fit to be a judge. IMHO.

Not a mask in sight either I'd bet. They've lost the people now. Leo won't call a General Election, Sinn Fein have played a blinder by doing nothing only looking and laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

Oireachtas group not much at golf -are they ---31 over par !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

EU just rode in behind Hogan saying exactly what he said..... just shows maybe Farage is correct. time to get those dail visitor books and see when was he there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If Hogan is found to be lying after that statement from the EU he is gone

• Advertisement

So people being held to account to their own rules is looney left behaviour? F*ck me.

According to boards, I'm far right and on this occasion, I completely agree with this being an absolute ****show and the people involved should be held to account.

So yay. I'm now a leftie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The judge's statement said he didn't know there would be a dinner. Are we expected to believe that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

Gerianam wrote: »
    I understand where you are coming from. I attended funerals and the doors of the church were closed once twenty people went in, leaving grieving people standing outside. My heart ached for them.

My brother was diagnosed with cancer at the start of the covid ****e, we couldn't go see him in the hospital. He was sent home with no hope of recovery and we were told we cannot travel to see him (I'm 10 minutes from his house) Ma (85) is 20 minutes away, he died after 3 months and only 10 were allowed in the church, we couldn't walk behind the hearse and these pricks think it's grand to go party an celebrate 50 years of a ****in golf society after telling us we can't celebrate our brothers/sons 62 years of life. ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

This government has lost the people now. I think we'll see widespread ignoring of Covid rules now by the silent majority who've done their bit to stem the flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    MM best Taoiseach in years.....he has the balls to fire ministers when they mess up.

I don't think he or mm has the power to remove Hogan from his commissioner role.

The only ministers present appear to be FF. A couple of FG senators, who had whip removed, what more can leo do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Hogan has a property in Kildare.

Didn't i read earlier someone say Alan Kelly seen Hogan in the Dail last week. If so someone is lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I haven't listened to Talk radio since the recession, 2009.
    It led to feelings of anger and impotence and was not good for ones mental health.
    Listening to the radio now and its brought all that back to the fore.
    Its really making me so angry that I am finding it hard to type.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

screamer wrote: »
    EU just rode in behind Hogan saying exactly what he said..... just shows maybe Farage is correct. time to get those dail visitor books and see when was he there.

If he's on it that page will be disappeared..

Comerman wrote: »
    My brother was diagnosed with cancer at the start of the covid ****e, we couldn't go see him in the hospital. He was sent home with no hope of recovery and we were told we cannot travel to see him (I'm 10 minutes from his house) Ma (85) is 20 minutes away, he died after 3 months and only 10 were allowed in the church, we couldn't walk behind the hearse and these pricks think it's grand to go party an celebrate 50 years of a ****in golf society after telling us we can't celebrate our brothers/sons 62 years of life. ****

So sorry to read this.

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

If he's on it that page will be disappeared..

Which will just prove what we all believe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Gods Gift wrote: »
    JAYSUS

:pac::pac:

Sarah reflecting the feeling of most of the nation this morning!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

gmisk wrote: »
    Classy sign off from Sarah McInerney that was a cracking show!

What was her sign-off?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Comerman wrote: »

I’m so sorry for your loss x

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PixieValentine

BENDYBINN wrote: »

Phil Hogan can’t be fired by Leo. Or by MM. Or by anyone in our government, in fact.

• Advertisement

The judge's statement said he didn't know there would be a dinner. Are we expected to believe that?

His take away was that there wold be a takeaway !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Retirement party for Dara Calleary lads.

Time: five minutes to midnight.

Low key affair. Regulations will be followed. Sure just come yourself and a plus one and sure that's all you can manage. Your own little bubble.

GUBUrunch or go home, party dudes!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

I have an irrational deep dislike for Hogan. Hope he gets the boot but I just cant see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hogan apparently staying in Kildare for the past few weeks. So not only ignoring rules on gathering numbers but also ignoring Kildare lockdown rules. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1296773519112654850

Plenty of Kildare folk have cancelled holidays, events, lost businesses & stayed away from loved ones.

And all for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

scrumqueen wrote: »
    I have an irrational deep dislike for Hogan. Hope he gets the boot but I just cant see it happening.

Irish Government can't sack him unfortunately.

However it is now breaking that he's been in Kildare the last couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Phil Hogan can’t be fired by Leo. Or by MM. Or by anyone in our government, in fact.

Yes, but he should be severely criticized for his actions..........not a word from Leo..

Martin Brett, vice chairman of Kilkenny County Council has apologised for being there.

It seems he’s another lad who lacks the ability to think for himself.

Bullsh!t excuse he used, too.

Apologising means diddly squat. He’s too stupid to be in that job.

How the **** did any of these people think that the majority in the country would be ok with this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Phil Hogan weathering the storm I see.

• Advertisement

Not a mask in sight either I'd bet. They've lost the people now. Leo won't call a General Election, Sinn Fein have played a blinder by doing nothing only looking and laughing.

I seem to remember the leader of Sinn Fein flagrantly breaching the guidelines in public -no social distancing on show at that funeral in Belfast.
    Not much moral credibility in that quarter I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement